Carplay/Iphone texts

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
blue lion
Car: 2019 Nissan Maxima

Hello all. First post after searching to see if this has been addressed.
I have a 2019 Maxima platinum.
When using Apple Carplay with my iPhone, when I respond to a text and then go back to my music, the audio sometimes goes from full speakers to what sounds like one speaker only. I have to change the audio source to FM, then back to XM and it usually works.
But it's annoying on a long trip.
I took my car to my dealer who said they couldn't replicate the issue.
Also sometimes after this happens I can't change the volume on the radio through the steering wheel, volume knob, etc. The only fix it is to turn the car off and back on which isn't practical on the interstate. I can still change channels and inputs.
Any ideas?
Thank you. :cheers:

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Sounds like you may have a buggy version of the firmware. Go to Menu -> Info -> System Information -> Software Version. It should show 810 or higher, if not the dealer needs to reprogram your AV Unit with a thumb drive. If it does have 810 or higher, connect your car to your home WiFi (the Connections tab) and try Software Update on the same page as the version info. Make sure Auto Update is turned on and the car will automatically download the latest AV firmware whenever it's parked where it can "hear" your house. If there are no updates available, then chances are you have a bad AV Unit.

blue lion
Car: 2019 Nissan Maxima

Thank you.
I had the 810 note to check, I did that today and I'm at 810.
I don't park my car near my router but I'll try your other suggestion.

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”