Carlisle 2010: I Thought This Was America *NWS*

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
numbnuts240
Car: 1999 exploder 4-door 5-speed, 1974 fairlady z 250gt, 2011 ford focus, 2010 mazda3

torry grinded on my junk. it was magical.

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Looks like a typical good time..

Were the typical east coast douchers out in force like years of yore? Especially those twats with the SRT-4's

marlin29311
Car: 2008 Infiniti G35x

I have one question - where did you go for the cheesesteaks?

flohtingPoint
Car: 2004 Z16 Corvette Z06

elwesso wrote:Were the typical east coast douchers out in force like years of yore? Especially those twats with the SRT-4's
Hard to say. If they were, they didn't come to the track, as everyone I ran into there carried a good personality. I didn't, however, meet the person with the firey smoke stack on the front of his Civic...

numbnuts240
Car: 1999 exploder 4-door 5-speed, 1974 fairlady z 250gt, 2011 ford focus, 2010 mazda3

marlin29311 wrote:I have one question - where did you go for the cheesesteaks?
tony lukes or something to that effect. i could have made better with steak'ums at home. it was good, just not as amazing as so many people make it out to be.

drksolest
Car: 91 240sx coupe

Looks like fun! Great pix

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

flohtingPoint wrote:
elwesso wrote:Were the typical east coast douchers out in force like years of yore? Especially those twats with the SRT-4's
Hard to say. If they were, they didn't come to the track, as everyone I ran into there carried a good personality. I didn't, however, meet the person with the firey smoke stack on the front of his Civic...
If it had 4 upright stacks, I believe it was Mike from Whiplash's (the drift truck) burnout car entry. He also the one who drifted that silver G35. :chuckle:

The crew went to Tony Lukes (Oregon Ave). They're normally pretty good. Though IMHO Pats (9th and Passyunk) is much better, but parking at Pats difficult for a caravan (no parking lot).

Awesome event everyone. Great seeing/meeting everyone, and thanks so much for all of your help. :dblthumb:

Chaotic_Warlord
Car: Black 5 speed Swapped 1995 240sx

Anyone have pics of the 3AM grill session or the madness that ensued with the construction barrel?
elwesso wrote:Looks like a typical good time..

Were the typical east coast douchers out in force like years of yore? Especially those twats with the SRT-4's
There were a TON of SRT-4's, both Neon's and Caliber's. There was also a ton of the usual rice (Civic's, Sunfire's, Cavaliers, Cobalt's).

I can't believe you guys didn't like the cheese steaks, even if you had gotten American or provolone cheese it's melted and drizzled over, so it's still a mess to eat. Oh well, s***'s awesome when you're drunk.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

Chaotic_Warlord wrote:Anyone have pics of the 3AM grill session or the madness that ensued with the construction barrel?
elwesso wrote:Looks like a typical good time..

There were a TON of SRT-4's, both Neon's and Caliber's. There was also a ton of the usual rice (Civic's, Sunfire's, Cavaliers, Cobalt's).

I can't believe you guys didn't like the cheese steaks, even if you had gotten American or provolone cheese it's melted and drizzled over, so it's still a mess to eat. Oh well, s***'s awesome when you're drunk.
melted Cheez whizz on a cheezesteak > provolone or american.... ;) .

numbnuts240

not saying the food was bad, just not all that it's hyped up to be. pretty mediocre, if you ask me.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

numbnuts240 wrote:not saying the food was bad, just not all that it's hyped up to be. pretty mediocre, if you ask me.
Tita, first off you are 'da man. Great meeting you.
Warlord was correct. they are better when eaten while drunk.
Most locals have them after a beer-soaked ballgame/concert before going home. So when you get home and burp in front of your significant other, the cheezesteak masks the alochol. :)

Chaotic_Warlord

numbnuts240 wrote:not saying the food was bad, just not all that it's hyped up to be. pretty mediocre, if you ask me.
If I had taken you guys to Pat's or Gino's you'd definitely be disappointed. Pat's and Gino's are hyped up to be the best in the city but their steaks are absolutely disgusting.

numbnuts240

Bubba1 wrote:Tita, first off you are 'da man. Great meeting you.
the pleasure was entirely all mine. i wish we could have gone back yesterday, but we had to get back home to do the mother's day thing and get some rest for work today.
Chaotic_Warlord wrote:If I had taken you guys to Pat's or Gino's you'd definitely be disappointed. Pat's and Gino's are hyped up to be the best in the city but their steaks are absolutely disgusting.
next time i find myself in philly, i'm trying out one of the other two. to be quite honest, this looks amazingly delicious

Jesda

Bubba1 wrote:
melted Cheez whizz on a cheezesteak > provolone or american.... ;) .
This is the #1 reason I wanted to go to PA!!! I last had a real philly in Philadealphia in 1993. Fond childhood memories.

#2 is to witness Naladude.

dangeris
Car: 08 Code Red 3.5
08 BMW 328xi Coupe
90 300ZX 2+0 NA

PAT's Cheesesteak are the best but you have to get em when you're on South Street taking in all of the freaks that come out at night!

AppleBonker
Car: Useful: 2011 Black Nissan Titan Pro-4x
Daily: 2003 Accord EX-L Coupe
Hers: 2014 Rogue SL AWD

RobPaulson
Car: 2013 Subaru WRX

:lolling: :lolling: :lolling: :lolling: :lolling:

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

Chaotic_Warlord wrote:
If I had taken you guys to Pat's or Gino's you'd definitely be disappointed. Pat's and Gino's are hyped up to be the best in the city but their steaks are absolutely disgusting.
BZZZZT. Untrue. Pat's/Geno's don't win awards every year because they suck. They're among the best. The main issue is everyone has their own taste. Some people prefer Bud over Coors. Doesn't mean Coors is a bad beer.

Chaotic_Warlord

AppleBonker wrote:Image
:spitout: :lolling: :lolling: :lolling: :lolling:

You just kept digging that knife into the wound and every time you did it got funnier and funnier. But at the same time I do feel for Tito, you made him want to crawl into his own a** and die over an accident.

marlin29311
Car: 2008 Infiniti G35x

Bubba1 wrote:
Chaotic_Warlord wrote: If I had taken you guys to Pat's or Gino's you'd definitely be disappointed. Pat's and Gino's are hyped up to be the best in the city but their steaks are absolutely disgusting.
BZZZZT. Untrue. Pat's/Geno's don't win awards every year because they suck. They're among the best. The main issue is everyone has their own taste. Some people prefer Bud over Coors. Doesn't mean Coors is a bad beer.
+1. I'm a Geno's guy when it comes to those two...

BUT!

Everyone should make a trip over to 54th and City Ave, and visit Larry's Steaks (it just so happens to be next to my alma mater...) THOSE are the best :yesnod

Chaotic_Warlord

Everyone swears by Geno's, and I've been decent and tried them 2 or 3 times and I'm sorry, they taste like 5 lbs of a** on a stale roll. Plus the arrogance of them is absolutely appalling, they are rascists plain and simple. I haven't had Pat's but I've heard they use the exact same meat, rolls, and cheese that Gino's does.

I've also been told that the absolute best steaks in Philly are at Jim's steaks... see where I'm going with this. A cheese steak is a cheese steak is a cheese steak. My local pizza shop makes an awesome cheese steak but they don't get awards for it. The only reason Pat's / Gino's get awards is because of their history in the city, the hype they drum up for themselves, and the lines of people they get because every tourist, drunk, and celebrity goes there. Blech. Tony Lukes was freakin' awesome, but they are known more their Italian sausage and their hot roast beef sandwiches.

tiger-SE-R
Car: 2006 Altima SE-R / 2002 Xterra / 1974 Datsun 610/ Suzuki GSX650F - "Put a Tiger in Your Tank"

:spitout:

Tito --" The shoes were off man..."

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

Chaotic_Warlord wrote:Everyone swears by Geno's, and I've been decent and tried them 2 or 3 times and I'm sorry, they taste like 5 lbs of a** on a stale roll. Plus the arrogance of them is absolutely appalling, they are rascists plain and simple. I haven't had Pat's but I've heard they use the exact same meat, rolls, and cheese that Gino's does.

I've also been told that the absolute best steaks in Philly are at Jim's steaks... see where I'm going with this. A cheese steak is a cheese steak is a cheese steak. My local pizza shop makes an awesome cheese steak but they don't get awards for it. The only reason Pat's / Gino's get awards is because of their history in the city, the hype they drum up for themselves, and the lines of people they get because every tourist, drunk, and celebrity goes there. Blech. Tony Lukes was freakin' awesome, but they are known more their Italian sausage and their hot roast beef sandwiches.

I would put Pat's and Geno's at 1 and 2 in that order, close. I really like Jim's too. I would put Jim's a close third in my personal rankings. The fact that Pat Oliveri (Pat's) invented the dang sammich contributes a little bit as well as both being historic landmarks . But I'm sorry Warlord, when the lines extend around the block at Pat's/Geno's at 2am, that ain't tourists, buddy. Those are locals and they know the food rocks.
Tony Lukes uses a better grade of meat than most of the others. But the meat is only one part of the sandwich. A cheezesteak is not a cheezesteak. Every shop has it's own style.
As one who has consumed way too many cheezesteaks in his lifetime, including TLukes, (whose Roast beef, IMO, is probably best in the city), I can vouch no cheezesteak burps better Pat's. :bigthumb:

RCA

Who is that on the far right? He looks like Ben Roethlisberger

numbnuts240

that would be ben roethlisberger. didn't know he was a member of nico, did ya? cool dude.

RobPaulson

lol so drunk at this point alrdy... buwahahaha

93coupe
Car: crap

Pats and Ginos have been in my body hundreds of times and are far better than Tony Lucs.

Seriously, my butt hole is so messed up from this trip.

Conclusion: Brandons car is loud. Baltimore sucks according to mods packing heat. Faizan is taller than I thought. Adam has the best taste in p0rn ever. Mark is the whitest, super sperm shooting black man I've ever seen. Gerry is tiny and is in a close second place for best tan lines. Ray is great to finger paint curbs with, using bugs. Tito, you're a great hucklebuck partner. Becky's voice kinda turns me on. Greg is way down to earth. Tyler is way gay.

Altima coupe drivers LOVE bedazzled clothes.

Bob Evans is racist and I will never eat Fridays or Denny's again.

AppleBonker
Car: Useful: 2011 Black Nissan Titan Pro-4x
Daily: 2003 Accord EX-L Coupe
Hers: 2014 Rogue SL AWD

93coupe wrote:Seriously, my butt hole is so messed up from this trip.
Werd.
93coupe wrote:Adam has the best taste in p0rn ever.
Double Werd.
93coupe wrote:Altima coupe drivers LOVE bedazzled clothes.
Triple Werd.

And I thought about this on the way home: that outline on your mirror was disgusting. That could only have been goo from one of two locations... :eek:

RobPaulson

93coupe wrote:Gerry is tiny and is in a close second place for best tan lines.
I think we had this discussion... VERTICALLY CHALLENGED... *mumble*tall jerk*mumble* :rotfl

93coupe
Car: crap

Tito had lube, doo doo butter and fiber glass on his hands at one point. Lawl

Return to “General Chat”