Carb adjusting

1972-1979 Datsun 620 forums. All 620-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
lancekilgore

Ok so I rebuilt my carb yesterday and I had the same problem of bogging down as other people quickly solved. Not worried about the float level the higher the better on these old carbs.  to start out with adj to two full turns after the needle is seated.  I solved my problem by turning it back down to barely idleling then adj the rpms screw. works great.

Hope this helps.

superc_1

lance

how would  adjusting the rpm screw help the carb? i was just wondering. i think i will adj mine like you did and see what happens. would anybody know if this will help the gas milage any?

lancekilgore

Ok got back home from othe job and messed with it some more. I can't get it to start 10 Degrees or lower so I readjusted the float, set the timming and then the carb.

for your question really by adjusting the rpm screw you just bring the idle up does not really help the proper adk=j of the carb.  Keeps it running though.  unless your idle is under 600 to 700 which is where it should be by the book.  My float was way off and was cauing the problem. guess I will see if it starts in the moring or not.

Ok so I have a question for anyone  who messes with carbs why does the datsun carb when you give it gas revs go way up and take time to go back to idle?

Most carbs go right back to  idle. does anybody else have this problem and what is the fix for it/

Thanks Lance

lancekilgore

ok so I'm an idot, read the manual and it tells all.  My dashpot and BDDC make it do that. so I adj by hand as bes as possible and it is better.   Adj the choke and it now starts when cold.  wow it runs pretty good. 

Return to “Datsun 620”