Can you chip the 2011 g25?

A place to discuss the systems and methods of tuning Nissan engines.
comced
Car: 2011 infiniti g25

This might sound like a stupid question, but i was wondering if you can use a performance chip on the 2011 infiniti g25?

AWGD8
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD JOURNEY

Uprev.com

Pls. call your Infiniti parts dept. and ask them for your ECU serial #. You have to give him your specific car's VIN#. Infiniti ECU is not marked, so this is the only way to find out. If the ECU# matches the one from the Uprev supported Matrix ROM (picture above) let me know?

I know a guy who worked on my 2008 EX35 Awd and did my E-tune for $100 unlimited files . If you go straight to Uprev E-tuning, they charge $50 per tune. They might not even have a Base ROM for your car. My tuner is well known in TItantalk ' G37 and G35 forum. He in West coast and I'm from the Midwest. He can also sell you the license and cable too. The good thing about going with him is that if you buy the Uprev license for $300 and the cable for $200 and unlimited E-tunes for $100 you only get to spend $600 and you already have the cable. This means, if you decided to sell or trade in the car, you can sell the license and cable which has high demands in the Nissan community. Selling it means you have to reflash your car back to stock, so the license would be flashed back to the cable and your car will be back to stock.

Second option is to find your local Uprev protuner and buy a license for $300 and pay a dyno service for $200+. But you dont get a cable and if you sell the car, you cannot sell the license since you do not have a cable. If you go this route, you need to buy a cable for $200 so you can flash the license back to the cable and will be able to sell both license and cable. But the negative part is you have to spend $700 total if you go this route.

What I did was I went and searched online and found a used Uprev cable with license. Uprev license comes in standard and tuner version. Standard cost $500 with cable with free 3 E-tunes from the seller. Tuner version cost $700 but no E-tunes included. Tuner version has more flexibility since you can access the MAP settings and be able to modify them if you are tuner inclined. It also acts as an OBDII reader. (Clear engine check light etc...) I bought my tuner version for $400 used with cable at Titan forum. Some can be found at http://www.Myg37.com for a great price!

All you need is a laptop with Windows XP , Win7 or Win8 version.

You may not get a high peak HP , but the tuning gives you more throttle response than stock. Air fuel mixture will also be set to safe zone during wide open throttle. Fan control can also be adjusted so the engine runs cooler in hot weather, and wont rob the engines power.

I will give you the Throttle settings that I currently have in my car. It is actually created by a g37 members and it was for the G37 cars, but it did work in my Infiniti EX35 car with a night and day throttle response improvement. It might also work in your car. This is not the Map tune , but jus the throttle settings that a protuner need to copy and paste to the MAP that he'll create for you and flash in your Car's ECU.

PM me if you are going with E-tuning. E-tuning means, you have the license and cable hooked up to your car and you will data log some runs, such as 0-60 MPH WOT! 0-80MPH and normal city and highway driving. This logs can be saved as a txt file that can be sent as an email attachment to your E-tuner. Then the E-tuner will analyze , adjust and creates MAP for your car and send it back to you as an email attachements. This attachments the can be flashed to your ECU and run another logs, until everything is dialed in. Mine took at lease 7 data logs to get the final tune. So in short, Etuning uses the public road as a dyno instead of going to a real dyno machine. The advantage of this is cheaper, but you only get it dialed in at around 95% . Whereas if you go straight to a local protuner with dyno machine, you can get 100% dialed in ( extract every bit of power) in 2 hours, instead of many runs of data logging with Etuning.

Let me know if you have questions?

Good luck!

PM me if you need help.

Return to “Engine Tuning”