Can you add the 20-color interior accent lighting afterwards?

Home of the Nissan Cube forum and CubeDriver.com
moviecouple1995

I just bought a 2009 Cube SL and the only thing it didn't come with was the Accent Lighting. Is it possible to get it installed at a Nissan Dealership? I thought it was kinda cool and was thinking about it. Not even sure if it is cost effective to do so.

KromCube
Car: 2009 Nissan Cube Krom

I wouldnt recommend it. You could probably have it done at the dealer. I never use mine at all, waste of battery

cubekrom09
Car: 2009 Nissan Cube Krom Edition

I only use it to impress my kids. lol And ONLY when the kiddoes ask for it..

Touge-Z32
Car: 1993 NA 300ZX 2+0

There is no how to instructions with the kit and it's highly recommended to get it done by the dealership. Also if you get the parts through the dealership they will hike up the price so buy from this website and give it to their mechanics to save some cash.

http://www.courtesyparts.com/n..._9441&

ESP
Car: 2008 SexyBlack A/C

If you really want it, then do what I do...DIY!!!Search through the posts I've created here on NICO (there's not that many) and find the interior lighting DIY I wrote up. It's for the Altima Coupe, but the basic principles are the same. As ling as you know how to splice a wire you'll be fine!

Now I don't know how bad it is in the US, but here in Canada they're charging about $400 for the light kit. You can get the raw materials for considerably less from my most trusted source at http://www.oznium.com. Been using them for years and their customer service is second to none.

randode

I have plug and play cathode kits available for the Cube. I did blue in mine.

moviecouple1995

It isn't too bad here in the states. I can get it installed at the dealership with the official part and labor... $495.00 out the door.

ESP

moviecouple1995 wrote:It isn't too bad here in the states. I can get it installed at the dealership with the official part and labor... $495.00 out the door.
$495 for twinkly lights? Sorry bro, but that's a royal rip off. You can rock a set of your own LEDs placed in areas the stealership version doesn't even touch...for less than $150. That's going crazy with lights too. A modest setup will run you less than $50.

moviecouple1995

You have to have some skill in electrical I am sure. I have Zero.

ESP

Barely! Splicing a wire is so simple it's ridiculous! Oznium's LEDs come pre-wired so the most difficult part is already done for you. All you have to do is figure out where you want to place them, connect the power and ground wires...and you're set! Then you'll have the pleasure of knowing you did your own mods instead of paying through the nose to have someone else do it for you!

OctoberKillz
Car: 2009 Nissan Cube 1.8S

Yeah, you can. I originally bought my Cube without the accent lights, but really wanted it afterwards. I got the accent lights installed after two months of owning it at a local Nissan dealer. The lights ran for about $230, but it ended up costing me an extra $260 for work and labor, and that was a discount because they left some scratches in my interior, and it took a little longer than overnight to get it done. It's hard to say if it was really worth it, but I love the lights so I'm not regretting it.

ESP

$260 for the labor? And that's with a "discount"? No wonder they're nicknamed "stealerships"...

...at least you got a good price on the lights themselves!

Return to “Cube Forum”