Can an 08 350z hood fit an 04 vehicle?

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
TechSavySon

Sorry in advance, I have absolutely no clue what I'm talking about. I'm just the son-in-law who knows how to type, my father-in-law has a question about the vehicle, and I don't understand anything he says, most of which is rambling about unrelated topics to what he's trying to ask... so I have little-to-no information to help anybody answer my question.

So I'm assuming 350z is the model of the Nissan my father-in-law has. He wants to know if a hood from an 08 350z can fit a 350z from 04.

I hope that's enough information to get a valid answer. I'd also appreciate an outside source to confirm the answer. I am completely clueless when it comes to vehicles.

Thanks in advance! =)

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Topic moved to correct forum area. I'm not all too well versed in your vehicle, but I know the car was revised in 2007 which included a change to the hood, so I'm gonna say probably not.

TechSavySon

Sorry for the misplaced post. Thanks for moving it to the proper section! I've been trying to google it to understand it more. I see loads of hoods that fit 03-08. I tried googling "standard 350z 08 hood". Is there such a thing as a standard hood that these things just naturally come with? If so, I would have to assume it's the one that I'm seeing most of in my search results, in which case, yeah, it only seems to fit 07-08... =X

BusyBadger
Car: '92 Nissan 240SX
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

The later model hood fits on the earlier model 350Z. The difference is the bulge present in the hood on the later models, it's there in order to accommodate some engine differences. Consequently, the older hoods will not fit the later models as there isn't enough engine clearance.

Having said that, if it's at all possible, I highly recommend a test fit just to check for any issues that may be present in the replacement hood.

Welcome to NICO! :badger

Return to “350z / 370z Technical”