Calling all M45 and Q45 OWNERS - INSIDE>>> Trunk Modification...

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Jesda

http://www.burtmanindustries.c...k_kit

PoorManQ45

Nice response time!!!

If you are ever in the Tampa, Florida area, give me a call. You can come see the house that we built from scratch, and I'm not talking hiring people to build it, we built it by hand!!!

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

PoorManQ45 wrote:Well, I really wouldn't mind having "another" remote in my pocket. But that is probably because I don't even have a single remote control.
Then, I guess you simply will not understand my point! I carry two vehicle remotes on a key-chain already - one for my M45 and one for my wife's Acura. I do not want yet another remote!

And, I also have keys for other things on the key-chain. Like the electronic key to get into my office and the key to my house. If I did not have it on a single key-chain, it would be too easy to leave something behind and have to make multiple trips. Or get locked out when I least wanted it. Yet another reason to avoid another remote!
PoorManQ45 wrote:But anyway, I like to do stuff myself. It is just the way I am. I mean, you can tell me how something works, and why it works, but I get a much better understanding of somethings when I just do it myself. I mean, you can talk about building/rebuilding engines all you want, but until you actually do it, you don't really know how it works. Does that make any sence?
Sure, it does! There is clearly value in wanting to learn about things, and I highly encourage you and everybody else to do that. But that is rarely your stated purpose in wanting to do things yourself!

As I see it, you seem to color everything from the approach that everything you can do is cheaper to do, but you never seem to include the value of time, and cost of time, in your calculations for total cost. I suspect that, if you did that, then the actual total cost (including not only your own hourly rate, but the opportunity cost of not doing something else that pays as well) is much higher! And, then, paying somebody else to either do it may be less expensive.
PoorManQ45 wrote:Anyway, how much does this automatic trunk opener cost?
It is on the web site from Jason, as a special!

Z

PoorManQ45

szhosain wrote: As I see it, you seem to color everything from the approach that everything you can do is cheaper to do, but you never seem to include the value of time, and cost of time, in your calculations for total cost. I suspect that, if you did that, then the actual total cost (including not only your own hourly rate, but the opportunity cost of not doing something else that pays as well) is much higher! And, then, paying somebody else to either do it may be less expensive.
Like I said before. I just like to do things myself. I mean, do you take into consideration the time/money that you use on a hobby of yours? It is just like that for me. I consider doing things myself to be my hobby. So, no matter how long it takes, as long as I enjoyed it, and didn't pay more money then I could have paid someone else to do it, I consider my time well spent.
szhosain wrote:Sure, it does! There is clearly value in wanting to learn about things, and I highly encourage you and everybody else to do that. But that is rarely your stated purpose in wanting to do things yourself!
Thank you!!! I understand what you're saying about me too. I really don't state my purpose for doing things. I will try to be a little more clear about my actions in the future.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

PoorManQ45 wrote:Like I said before. I just like to do things myself. I mean, do you take into consideration the time/money that you use on a hobby of yours? It is just like that for me. I consider doing things myself to be my hobby. So, no matter how long it takes, as long as I enjoyed it, and didn't pay more money then I could have paid someone else to do it, I consider my time well spent.
I agree with your reasons with wanting to do things yourself! As long as it remains fun and enjoyable, and does not get in the way of other things that are equally and more important, sure! Why not?

For me, and it is a personal thing, one key difference between you and me, is apparently this: while I enjoy cars (driving them, reading about new models, performance, looks, speeding, etc.) I would prefer not to spend much personal time fixing my car because I have better (sorry, folks!) things to spend time on.

Like helping and watching my six and half year old son grow up. Like my work on the forefront of applied wireless data technology. Like reading science-fiction. Etc., etc., etc.!

Which is not to say that I will never spend time on increasing some personal car knowledge (I have done research on the right tires for Q's and M's, for example, and occasionally find time to read some of the links that Q45tech posts on!)

So, for me, coming up with a way to do a trunk release that is monetarily cheaper than the way Jason has done it, if it take me more time, is irrelevent and simply not worth it.

I think we understand each others motivations now, right?

Z
Modified by szhosain at 5:44 PM 12/7/2004

BigBodyQ45
Car: 2002 Q45 Sport

Who is poping the trunk for the M45? Sounds like Darth Vadar?

Jason B

Hehe, that's austinZ from the forum.

PoorManQ45

szhosain wrote:For me, and it is a personal thing, one key difference between you and me, is apparently this: while I enjoy cars (driving them, reading about new models, performance, looks, speeding, etc.) I would prefer not to spend much personal time fixing my car because I have better (sorry, folks!) things to spend time on.
Actually, I enjoy most of that stuff too. I love to just drive, I read almost every new issue of of magazines in which they test and/or review cars, I love performance, I don't care so much about what other people think about my car as Only my opinion counts on the looks of my car , Oh, and do I enjoy speeding, what a silly thing to say .

So, We do have a few things in common.
szhosain wrote:Like helping and watching my six and half year old son grow up. Like my work on the forefront of applied wireless data technology. Like reading science-fiction. Etc., etc., etc.!
Also, I have to juggle between watching/babysitting my 8month Niece and 6 year old niece, and Going to college.
szhosain wrote:So, for me, coming up with a way to do a trunk release that is monetarily cheaper than the way Jason has done it, if it take me more time, is irrelevent and simply not worth it.
Well said! I can completely understand that.
szhosain wrote:I think we understand each others motivations now, right?

Z
Yep, I think we understand each other's motives a little bit better now.

I hope that we can have a long and happy relationship together.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”