CAI or SRI

Discuss topics related to the CA18DE and CA18DET series engines.
themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

The_Chosen_One wrote:
get the wiring in a loom before you rub through the insulation and short something silly

The_Chosen_One
Car: 2009 Subaru Impreza 2.5i

awww come on TMS gotta give me more credit than that. That pic is 2 years old thats when I began wiring my standalone.

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

I'll give you credit, 26% interest

biosehnsucht

Crappy cell phone pictures of my ghetto cold air box

Installed

The top section

The bottom section

Not-to-scale diagram of construction

Basically, the bottom section is cut to fit under the intake pipe / MAF, and essentially block air from coming from the engine bay, the top peice sits on top to cover the gap left by the long open area that allows the intake / MAF to sit in the proper place, as well as sit on top to complete the 'box' so to speak. The other sides and bottom are just the car.. it's not 100% sealed by a long shot but it works. You can see t hat I ran out of vacuum tubing to cover the nearly serrated edges from the sheet alum I cut with tin snips, I got more and haven't gotten around to slicing it (cut down the length to wrap around the edge) and attaching it (drill small holes at corners, zip tie through hole and around hose)..

Yes, one of the relay boxes is trapped in there with it :P The front end of it is to the side of the SMIC piping, but there is airflow from behind headlight and from part of the opening into the SMIC area that isn't taken up by the pipes and is 'in' the air box area.

Return to “CA18DE / CA18DET Forum”