DIY: Cabin Air Vent Filter

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Michael Foster
Car: Mazda 3

1. Open the glove box
2. Unlock the elastic retainer
3. Locate the stop tabs
4. Push both to the left to clear their stops, the glove box will swing down.
Last edited by Michael Foster on Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

philipa_240sx

Michael Foster wrote:
wbloomfield wrote:Where is the cabin air filter?? Does anybody know? Maybe you can explain how to change it..

Thanks...
The cabin air filter is either located under the dash board or in the cowl.
Welcome Micheal Foster to the NICOClub Rogue Forums!

The cabin air filter in the Rogue is actually located in the drivers footwell area next to the accelerator. If you read back earlier in this thread, there are lots of great photos and a how-to.

Thanks!

Shysox
Car: 2009 Rogue SL

Thanks to everyone for the helpful information on how to change the filter. When I removed my old filter I noticed NISSAN was printed top-to-down, not the opposite as shown in the great pictures provided by "enzo100". My replacement filter has an arrow and "flow" indicating the proper placement. 1) Does anyone know which way the air actually flows? I assumed it was from front of the car to the rear. 2) Why wouldn't Nissan print a "flow arrow" on the original part like my replacement filter??

philipa_240sx

Shysox wrote:1) Does anyone know which way the air actually flows? I assumed it was from front of the car to the rear.
You are correct, the airflow goes from the front of the vehicle towards the rear.
2) Why wouldn't Nissan print a "flow arrow" on the original part like my replacement filter??
Perhaps because it doesn't make a difference which way the flow is on the OEM filter. It's just a simple paper/fabric media.

Some filters (like those used on furnaces) have flow arrows for another reason: There may be a metallic mesh backing or other support that helps keep the filter in place as air passes through it. Put it in backwards and the filter will collapse.

Shysox
Car: 2009 Rogue SL

Great points. Incidentally ,the replacement filter I purchased at CarQuest store doesn't have metal backing, looks exactly like the OEM but as Air Flow. I am thrilled this website exists and look forward to getting caught up on all the interesting and dollar-saving do-it-myself maintenance.

Peace!

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

Glad we could help!!!

axel10
Car: 2010 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

I finally had 15 minutes to spare today along with beautiful weather here in Calgary to tackle the cabin air filter replacement. It took about 5 minutes to complete, and I saved myself over $75 (cost at dealership was $100 plus taxes - filter cost me less than $25 and 5 minutes of my time).

I owe someone here a beer :cheers:

stevkohorvath
Car: 2010 Rogue S

enzo100 wrote:The filter is located to the right of the gas pedal inside the center console.

1) First, remove the panel ......... .........and your done. Hope this helps.
Hi enzo100 thank you for this instruction it helps a lot, just did it in 5-10 minutes... appreciate it again... you saved me megabugs at the dealer... have a good day man...

s. :dblthumb:

stranger21ny
Car: 2008 ROGUE SL

I have just replaced mine. bought it from autozone for $14.99 and it took about 10 minutes first time. and boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy was it due for replacement. lol

bokito
Car: #Infiniti FX35 AWD '05 DG, Technology/Navigation/Touring/Entertainment
#Nissan Rogue '08 SL AWD

Just changed the filter for the first time at 79,000km. Wow, talk about dirty filter. I've never seen something like this!
After i pulled filter out, there was so much debris left that i had to vacuum it. But it was super easy to replace. Make sure to have a flashlight handy.

philipp2
Car: 08 Altima Coupe & 2014 Rogue SL

I just replaced mine on my 2010 Rogue at about 16,000 mi.
Thanks to everybody for the helpful hints - it took about 15 minutes to do. As per recommendations, I closed my upper vents and ran the blower - blew a bunch of trash & pieces of leaves out of the filter slot. That saved my new filter from having to deal with it.

:yesnod :yesnod

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

So a couple of weeks ago I was at a Pep Boys just browsing around and Lo & Behold I see not one but TWO air filters that fit my Rogue. I don't know about you, but these things are hard to come by at least for me because I never see these around at Autozone, Advance Auto, K-mart, or Wally World for that matter. Usually you have to special order them. Or maybe I don't stop by Pep Boys enough. Well I did get an STP air filter for freaking $19 which I thought was kinda expensive at Autozone I think it was. And a Cabin air filter for like $8 plus $4 for shipping from ebay.

Well anyways, I thought it has been around a year, so I decided to change both the air and cabin filters. I preceded to purchase the last two filters in the store that would fit the Rogue.

Woohoo! I then took these bad boys home for around $23 buck-a-roos and installed both in under 15 min thanks to the guidance in here. If you thought changing the cabin filter was easy, changing the air filter was million times easier of course. So no reason not too. Both were dirty of course.

On top of that I found out a few weeks later that there was a rebate on both filters, so i saved $10 minus the stamps of course.

Double woo-hoo! :mike

Oh yeah, You can save an additional $2.00 if you get a PureOne airfilter!

Ps- I know people might hate rebates, but seriously I personally never had a problem getting my money back. :dblthumb:

Check it out!
http://www.purolatorautofilters.net/pro ... offer.aspx

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee rebates rock! :band: :chuckle: :yesnod

SquiggyFreud

Yes Pep boys does stock the rogue filter I found one there myself. My old filter had rocks, june bugs everything but the kitchen sink in it. I also used my air compressor and blew quite a bit of debris out of the filter slot.

NICEnEVILmike
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue S AWD

Replacing the cabin air filter is very easy. Don't let the posts about removing the gas pedal assembly intimidate you because you don't have to do it. It took me longer to drive a mile to the auto parts store, find the filter and drive back home than it did to replace the filter itself.
Remove the panel next to the driver's right leg. It pulls off very easily with just a flat head screwdriver (once the panel is removed, note the metal tab next to the filter cover. It slides into a slot on the panel when you replace the panel after the filter is replaced). Look all the way under the dash, next to the gas pedal assembly and you will see a narrow vertical rectangle. This is the filter cover. Remove it, also using a screwdriver to pry it off from the center. You should see the edge of the filter now. Use the screwdriver to pull the filter out enough to get a grip on it with your fingers and work the filter out of the slot. If you pull the filter toward the driver's door it should come out pretty easily. It is very flexible, so don't worry about damaging it. Do everything in reverse to install your new filter, but be sure to look at the end of the filter and find the arrows indicating which way the air should flow through it.

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

I agree, it is quite simple, the biggest problem is the uncomfortable position as you squish yourself up near the gas peddles.

One important correction: The narrow platic vertical cover - to remove it DO NOT pry in the middle with a screw driver, you will likely damage or break it. It is secured at the bottom, there is a small lever at the bottom just pull up on it and it will release, do not use a screw driver to remove it.

TaiLuu
Car: 2009 Nissan Murano LE AWD
2011 Nissan Rogue SV AWD
2014 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum

Pulled mines out last week to see it. I just cleaned and vacuumed it. 9600Miles on it and I had so much leaves, bugs, And Dirt on it.
My moms murano has 27k on it. Never changed or seen the Cabin filter........

I sprayed Lysol on my cabin filter and I realized that the heat core was mounted after the Cabinfilter.
I Thought my vents were going to catch on fire, I was so scared.
Anyone recommend something to spray on the Cabin Filter, So it gets disinfected and Deodorized.
I thought about using my Acqua Di Gio cologne, but It would of been too strong.

darthRogue09th
Car: Nissan Rogue

I found this cabin air filter replacement video for Rogue.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3PrPSCsYWw[/youtube]

It looks so easy. Gas pedal does not need to be removed.

Darth

merlin69
Car: 2009 Rouge SL AWD

That was the best advice yet!! I replaced the cabin air filter in three minutes, even with my Wife hanging over me and Nagging "Are you done yet, are you done yet?!?!" :slap:

Highly recommend the video!
darthRogue09th wrote:I found this cabin air filter replacement video for Rogue.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3PrPSCsYWw[/youtube]

It looks so easy. Gas pedal does not need to be removed.

Darth

bam48
Car: '08 Nissan Rogue

Just want to confirm how easy it is to change the cabin filter. No need to go to the dealer. I just viewed the how to video on this forum and followed it to a T. Dealer quoted me $85.00 plus tax. I purchased a new filter at Canadian Tire for $21.00 and had it installed in under 10 minutes. Thanks to all the good advice here.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

bam48 wrote:Just want to confirm how easy it is to change the cabin filter. No need to go to the dealer. I just viewed the how to video on this forum and followed it to a T. Dealer quoted me $85.00 plus tax. I purchased a new filter at Canadian Tire for $21.00 and had it installed in under 10 minutes. Thanks to all the good advice here.
Or pay $10US for the same thing from eBay.

seraphg
Car: 2009 Rogue S

Just bought one from Amazon for 9 bucks, and it's fit perfectly while very easy to be installed. I'm so glad to see the old dirty thing get replaced with the new one, :)

JMed
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue S AWD (Pearl White)
2015 Nissan Rogue SV (Black)

I just found the filter at eBay for only US $8.32 and free shipping.

NEW Cabin Air Filter with Installation Instructions

I'll be ordering a couple of these bad boys...

darylzero
Car: Nissan Rogue 2009 SL AWD Premium Pkg.

I use the Fram FreshBreeze w/ Arm & Hammer
http://framfreshbreeze.com/instructions ... SSAN/ROGUE

Rock Auto Parts has it for $13.91 Fram also has a $3 mail in rebate until 8/31

Rogue Noob
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL

Napa also sells these cabin filters, I think they are $15-20 through them. I laughed at the parts guy at Nissan when he told me $30 dollars. I said "weren't these $10 a little while ago". Then he laughed at me! Hahaha. He cut it down to $20 for me since I was already getting some brake pads. Not sure if it is just the dealer near me or if all Nissan dealers price gauge. This is a 1-2 minute job once you have already done it one time.

Here is my little trick: There is often a lot of stuff (leaves, etc) sitting at the bottom of the filter holder thing and if you don't remove it, it will just taint your new filter right away. My first move was to just kick on the A/C and put it on the floor setting to shoot it out. When did I first do this? Immediately after vacuuming. Bad move. Do it before. This technique has since been perfected to add a mind blowing wrinkle. What is the revolutionary method you ask? Do the vacuuming AND the A/C at the same time. :crazy: I just put the hose up to the filter holder and blast the air. No mess! :woot:

Okay, maybe it wasn't such a big deal. :)

(Edit: corrected price)

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

1yr old filter.

side note: i dont park under trees. this is purely what is sucked in via the system. there was TONS of pollen between the ribs of the filter.

SanOK
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue Select

Hi guys! Does anyone know the difference between the sizes of these two cabin filters? 27277jm01a vs 27277en000. I will be grateful for the answer. Between these filters the difference in price is up to 10 times. However, many sellers list them as similar. I saw the size 27277jm01a in one single shop and it is bigger than the other 27277en000.

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

SanOK wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:49 am
Hi guys! Does anyone know the difference between the sizes of these two cabin filters? 27277jm01a vs 27277en000. I will be grateful for the answer. Between these filters the difference in price is up to 10 times. However, many sellers list them as similar. I saw the size 27277jm01a in one single shop and it is bigger than the other 27277en000.
Those filters are NOT for the same vehicle. Your profile shows that you own a first generation Rogue. The correct filter for your car is Nissan part 27277-JM01A.
27277-JM01A.png
27277en000.png
Cabin Air Filter ROGUE 2008-2013, ROGUE SELECT 2014-2015
Length 10.382
Width 7.525
Height 0.788
Generic replacement $7.99
Genuine OEM part $46.10
FRAM Fresh Breeze Cabin Air Filter $14.37

SanOK

Do you think this filter will work? My car Rogue Select 2015.
https://www.rockauto.com/en/cart/
The same store has a lot of aftermarket replacements for my car. Some parts replace parts with other numbers, including 27277en000 and 27277jm01a in the same row as similar.

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

Your link is invalid. I'll assume that you were looking at one of these...
https://www.rockauto.com/en/partsearch/ ... 7277-JM01A

SanOK

Rogue One wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:34 pm
Your link is invalid. I'll assume that you were looking at one of these...
https://www.rockauto.com/en/partsearch/ ... 7277-JM01A
Yes, these are approximately these products, but I sorted them by car model. The screenshot is what I was talking about. The two part numbers are shown as identical.
Attachments
Screenshot_20220131-113024.png

Return to “Rogue Forum”