DIY: Cabin Air Vent Filter

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

If they're mixing part numbers for two different vehicles and saying they're compatible, I wouldn't trust them. Honestly I've used the ones from eBay and they work just fine, and cost less than what others are charging.

SanOK
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue Select

It looks like the only way to know for sure which filter is compatible with the car is to take the filter out and measure it. I didn't want to do it because I want to install a new filter immediately. And if necessary, vacuum the niche. The filter that is specified by the manufacturer for my car costs about $40-65. And the filter number 27277en000 starts at $3. I have heard that identical parts are sometimes labeled with different numbers. Maybe this is the case.)

macgiver

Get out the shears and trim that $3 filter ??

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

SanOK wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:37 pm
It looks like the only way to know for sure which filter is compatible with the car is to take the filter out and measure it. I didn't want to do it because I want to install a new filter immediately. And if necessary, vacuum the niche. The filter that is specified by the manufacturer for my car costs about $40-65. And the filter number 27277en000 starts at $3. I have heard that identical parts are sometimes labeled with different numbers. Maybe this is the case.)
:facepalm:
At the risk of repeating myself, your profile says you have a Rogue Select. That's a FIRST generation Rogue. Filter part number 27277en000 is for the SECOND generation Rogue, ergo it will NOT fit your car.

The cabin filter for the FIRST generation Rogue is located on the drivers side. For the SECOND generation Rogue the cabin filter was moved to the passenger side.

SanOK

Please forgive me if my posts are annoying. I was just guided by this message (screenshot). In any case, removing and measuring the filter will answer all questions.
Attachments
Screenshot_20220202-141217.png

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

If you want to measure your filter because someone "thinks" they're the same part, then by all means do so. Or you could take it from someone that's owned two 1st gen Rogues, and was a Nissan car salesman who sold both 1st and 2nd gen models.

A good point of reference for part numbers is https://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/ You can enter your VIN to get the most accurate info.

SanOK

I finally measured my filter! Image It was quite difficult to remove it without damaging it. In the niche was small foliage, probably from a whole tree. The filter was quite dirty. I vacuumed the niche and the filter as I don't have a replacement and was planning on putting it back in as soon as I measured it. Its dimensions in centimeters are 26.5x19x2. That is, it is identical to the cheaper 27277en000 filter, as well as to other analogues with a similar size. My filter is 27277jm01a, according to the Nissan catalog. (By the way, on the site https://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/ the size of my original filter is indicated with a large error, for example, the thickness is 4cm, but this size will not physically penetrate the installation hole. This data confused me and because of this I set to investigation) :chuckle: I could not find an analogue for him - a replacement. For what reasons my filter, which is recommended by the manufacturer, has such a cost, I do not know. I can safely assume that the matter is in the properties of the filter material. It looks like coal. I thank everyone who responded, thanks guys! :wavey:
Attachments
PXL_20220202_180553838~2.jpg
PXL_20220202_180559606.jpg

Return to “Rogue Forum”