bypass parking brake sensor to watch dvd's while driving

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
pfarmer
Car: 2008 GXS with technology package

KPierson wrote:The reason you have to solder to the board is to use the OEM "Enter" button to toggle the bypass. This allows for a more OEM operation and eliminates the need to install any extra switches in the interior.

It also allows the module to process the "OK" screen each time the car starts up.

If you were able to find the connector it would probably double the total cost of the module + installation. Soldering on these boards is extremely easy for anyone who has ever used a soldering iron before since the solder joints are right at the connector. On older Nissans it is necessary to solder to actual points on the circuit board - a much more difficult task.
I probably have as much soldering experience as anyone here short of a current technician. the reason I ask is that I would rather put a switch in, or an accessory set of switches then voiding a warranty. A simply plug and play, and a simple unplug and play if the unit stops working would be preferable in many situations.

The fact is you could do add on features with a smart system that sits between all the signals coming to the unit and the unit itself.

I am not downplaying what you have done in anyway, so don't get me wrong on that. I am just stating warranty wise there may be other ways of doing most of what you want to do and maybe even expand on some of it.

For example I believe it probably would be hard to impossible to add what you have done with the ok button. To me I am not concerned with it, I am more concerned with having an issue with the unit and then have to cleanly back up from the mods before taking it in under warranty. With my idea it would be a matter of unplugging the add on system and then take the car in.

Take the aux inputs. You could put in an add on that would allow selection of many aux inputs, and present a menu on the screen to allow this to take place. I don't smoke so right in front of the gear shift is a good place to start for location of the soft switches/controls. One of the aux inputs selected could be for performance information for example. For those that want to hide a radar unit display, well if you want to hide something do it in plain site. Radar starts up, pick aux and see what the issue is on the custom screen.

Now if you want to make integration more automatic then maybe you can fully tap into the keypad. Instead of hijacking just the ok button you hijack them all. Many however are available already when you think about it from the steering wheel.

As far as cost go, these connectors would most likely be very cheap if they are possibly a standard connector used in other applications.

Perry

KPierson
Car: 2004 Infiniti TT G35 coupe

From a warranty standpoint, all you would have to do is hit the joint with a soldering iron again and remove the wire and chances are nobody would ever know that the board had wires added to it.

The actual price of the end connecters woudn't be my concern, it's the tooling and labor required to actually assemble the custom harness. If it were a factory made piece that you could just buy off the shelf it woudln't be bad I'm sure, but considering you would have to find both ends of the connector, find the correct pins, find the correct crimping tool (and chances are it wouldn't be compatible with our Molex press so a new press would be needed) and then pay some one to strip, crimp and insert the wires you're looking at >$100 per harness in small quantities. This is assuming you can even find the connector and it's not some propriatary connecter Nissan spec'd out. If it is propritary there is a good chance that an inline connector isn't even manufactured to replace the circuit board mounted connector. Look at some of the products out there that are plug and play and the plug and play option is always $100 - $150 higher. Then, consider that the part that needs to be soldered is in a completely different harness then the rest of the wires (meaning you would actually need two custom made harnesses) and you're now looking at $200-$300 to save 10 minutes of work.

Then you have to factor in that each different car uses different harnesses, meaning even more money as now multiple different harnesses have to be produced and handled. If Nissan used the exact same connector for every car it might make sense, but since virtually every different model would require it's own harness it would be near impossible.

Don't get me wrong, plug and play harnesses would greatly simplify the installation, but the added cost to the customer and the added time and labor to produce the harnesses has caused us to never actually consider making them. We would have to see quite a few requests to actually look in to plug in play harnesses. We occasionally do get requests but most of the time when we show the customer pictures of what needs to be done they realize a plug and play solution isn't that important.

If you don't mind adding switches to the car and you don't mind pressing the "OK" button each time the car starts this module would really provide no benefit to you. The purpose of this module is to provide an OEM interface - one free of added buttons and switches. However, you will still have to cut the VSS signal wire in order to allow programming while in movement.

pfarmer
Car: 2008 GXS with technology package

KPierson wrote:From a warranty standpoint, all you would have to do is hit the joint with a soldering iron again and remove the wire and chances are nobody would ever know that the board had wires added to it.

The actual price of the end connecters woudn't be my concern, it's the tooling and labor required to actually assemble the custom harness. If it were a factory made piece that you could just buy off the shelf it woudln't be bad I'm sure, but considering you would have to find both ends of the connector, find the correct pins, find the correct crimping tool (and chances are it wouldn't be compatible with our Molex press so a new press would be needed) and then pay some one to strip, crimp and insert the wires you're looking at >$100 per harness in small quantities. This is assuming you can even find the connector and it's not some propriatary connecter Nissan spec'd out. Then you have to factor in that each different car uses different harnesses, meaning even more money as now multiple different harnesses have to be produced and handled. If Nissan used the exact same connector for every car it might make sense, but since virtually every different model would require it's own harness it would be near impossible.

Don't get me wrong, plug and play harnesses would greatly simplify the installation, but the added cost to the customer and the added time and labor to produce the harnesses has caused us to never actually consider making them. We would have to see quite a few requests to actually look in to plug in play harnesses. We occasionally do get requests but most of the time when we show the customer pictures of what needs to be done they realize a plug and play solution isn't that important.

If you don't mind adding switches to the car and you don't mind pressing the "OK" button each time the car starts this module would really provide no benefit to you. The purpose of this module is to provide an OEM interface - one free of added buttons and switches. However, you will still have to cut the VSS signal wire in order to allow programming while in movement.
I think it just comes down to is this thing readily available. As far as different cars are concerned I think you could compare this to after market radios. We have a narrow number of cars to deal with compared to what after market radio installers are up against. While many stock radios are based on the same manufacturers such as Clarion, others are not so much the case, but for the most part someone has in fact an adapter cable for them.

In the case of being able to program the Nav on the fly, I would much rather install a cable and a simple switch then to cut into the factory wiring, on a vehicle under warranty. I am not sure just how much they will pay attention to solder joints, etc. and based on the fact I see no 'seal' indicators on the joints then your argument about removing the wires have some validity. But when it comes to actually cutting a wire, then even a short jumper would be preferable and as far as I am concerned well worth the expense.

Again, after the warranty is up then a bunch of options open up.

Perry

wptech
Car: 2008 G35X

EWG35 wrote:I bought instructions from Ebay and did this myself. It works perfectly. I have a zune player and play video out to my screen. Everything in the car works as before but I can view video at any time. I mostly view my Zune screen on my dash while playing songs. I can also adjust my cars setting while I drive another bonus. They are not locked out.

My defeat does not include soldering to pin connector. I simply clipped two wires, grounding one I believe.
Do you or anyone else have these instructions that you can send to me or tell me where to get them? I could not find it on Ebay. I have a 2008 G35X without navigation.

timmy0257
Car: 08 Infiniti G35 Journey 5AT
-R2C Intake
-interior LEDs w/ tag lights
-SBD grounding kit
-TBW engine cover
-Eibach Pro-kit
-JL Audio

Future Mods include GT-Spec strut bar & more.

instructions are in the FAQ.

obviously, you are doing this at your own risk.

trustno182
Car: 2009 Infiniti g37 Journey Base Model

Anyone have bypass instructions for 2009 G37 Sedan Journey with NO NAV... Is there a different process for NON NAv units? Can someone send instructions to [email protected] ... Most of the post I see are for NAv units ... Is kptechnologies still the best rout to take even with non nav units?

mxquattro

I cant seem to find the instructions in the FAQ or on other forums after doing a bunch of searches. Can someone point me to a link that has this info on how to bypass? I have an 09 G37Xs. Or if you have it maybe can just email it to me? [email protected]

thank you!

Mr. Inspired
Car: 2012 G37Xs with Nav.

Hi All,

Looking for wiring diagram for a 2012 G37Xs with Navi.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. I am determined to get this setup in my car. Its too good a feature that my passengers can greatly utilize.

Has anyone done this on a new 2012.

Thanks, MR. Inspired

amckean
Car: Infinity G37

Anyone know if the above will work for 2013 G37. Obviously want to bypass the in-motion constraints on the DVD and navi system. Also, anyone know how to play videos from iphone onto navi screen or mirror iphone on navi screen?

Thanks for in advance!

Aaron

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

I'd check the FSM and see how the wires match up in your 2013. I can't see them making any significant changes until an update.

sharko
Car: 2013 Infiniti G37x Sport

2013 is different and it should work. I've done the brake wire and video works but I cannot determine which wire is the speed wire, which shuts down video around 5 mph, this wire needs a switch. Have you fiqured it out?

nevamind
Car: 2003 Infiniti G35 Sedan

I'm posting this because I have not seen anyone mention this kit in the forum when I was looking and thought it may be helpful for others who are looking. I saw KP's kit but I didn't want to bother with soldering anything. I found this kit and its simply plug and play. It's "Remote Bypass Kit for US 2010+ Infiniti G37 with Sat Navigation" from carkitcompany.

I just installed the kit and it works great. I sync'd the speed sensor button to my homelink so I don't even have to use the remote when enabling the navigation and phone features. The installation looked a bit scary at first but the step by step guide makes it easy. I do recommend getting some trim tools.

http://www.carkitcompany.com/infiniti-b ... s/g37-2010

1of1

zozoka1212 wrote:
Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:02 pm
What year and model do you drive? Do you have navi?

zozo
Hi guys I’m new the forum and
I have 09 g37s with the Navi package and want to which colors are the speed sensor and pb wire.

Or can someone please email it to me please at [email protected]

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”