Buying my first J30 tomorrow :)

General discussion forum for J30 and M30 owners!
DJ Kontakt

I have been looking around for the right J30 to buy for about a month now, and I found it.

A 1995 with 91k miles in Dallas. Clean carfax, one owner. As seen on the internet.

I test drove it today locally and it seems to have no mechanical problems at all.

I plan to have a TT swap done with the 300ZX engine at Z Fever in Tampa. Ive seen a lot of threads about this here, and elsewhere, but really not many completed builds, videos, or more info beyond "what do i have to do to get this done"/// I plan to actually get it done, document the modifications, and post videos and photos.

I'll be doing other modifications to the car but it will remain looking as stock as possible. Building it to drive.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Any update?

DJ Kontakt

The car is at Fever Racing in Tampa waiting its turn for the suspension work.

The car will be getting coil overs, 300zx Turbo front brakes, and adjustable everything. I won't be slamming it, but will want to tune the suspension properly. For wheels I am going to keep it oldschool and use 16" 300ZX TT stuff.

I will drive it for a while and then send the car back for engine and trans.

Level Ten automatic trans, Garret 2560r Turbos and all supporting mods.

DJ Kontakt

I will add that the license plate J30TT is available in my state ;)

J30tChumpCar
Car: 1995 J30t Totaled @ Charlotte motor speedway
1994 J30 gutted caged road racer Now with VH45DE!
1966 Chevy Corvair V8 mid-ship conversion

If you move up to 03-05 350z brembo calipers/rotors (17in wheels required) the brakes are practically a bolt on with nothing more then drilling the spindle holes 1mm larger , new bolts and figuring how to connect the brake line (remove brass cone inside caliper, stock j30 hoses now fit.)

$67 each for the calipers @ rock auto, if no cores are available add $75 each, rotors are dirt cheap and slip on with no mods.

Chatting with someone that was buying parts I had listed said the engine oil dipstick was giving him fitment grief on his J30TT

As for level 10, great trans company but if it breaks you can convert to Q45 trans, electrically it is plug and play but there is a ton of fitment that needs done.

DJ Kontakt

Visited Fever racing in Tampa last week, my car is finally on a lift. Hope it gets the attention it needs!!!

Return to “J30 Forum / M30 Forum”