Broadfield Introduction "B&B"

Look here for specials on Nissan parts, accessories or modifications, or tell our sponsors what you are looking for!
orangeNblue
Car: 2008 Nissan 350z

Toby,

A talked to a couple of shops around here. One of them told me that I couldn't use the Alpine amp bridged to run the Bose sub because the ohms that they run on are different. Something about Bose sub running at a much higher ohm rating and possibly messing up the Alpine amp. I'm curious if he was just trying say that to get me to buy something else from him or what since you had mentioned actually doing just that in an earlier post.

If I can't do that ,then would it be okay to run the bridged 200W to each component speaker or is that greater than the amount they can take???

What is the best way to set this amp up

Broadfield
Car: 1992 240sx

Yeah, that's what I was saying earlier about the impedance. I don't know what it is. If I had the Bose sub here I would simply measure the impedance of it. If it's anywhere between 3 and 8 ohm you would be fine. However, 4 ohm is ideal for that amplifier. If it's 2 ohm then you could simply just run it off of one channel of the amplifier. You could bridge the amp to run the components.... more power the merrier. You would just want to be careful not to distort them. I'll try to find out the impedance of that sub. Do you happen to own a multimeter or know of anyone that does. You could simply take the OEM sub out and measure the impedance.

Toby

orangeNblue

My guess is that if the shop says its no going to they've prolly tested it. I've searched forums and couldn't find the impedence. Anyways would it at all be possible to have a box custom built for the space behind the driver seat? or is the stealthbox the only option???

With bridging the amp for the components, is it safe to run the 200W to each one. What do you mean distort them??

base9se
Car: '95 240sx

pm'ed

Broadfield

orangeNblue wrote:My guess is that if the shop says its no going to they've prolly tested it. I've searched forums and couldn't find the impedence. Anyways would it at all be possible to have a box custom built for the space behind the driver seat? or is the stealthbox the only option???

With bridging the amp for the components, is it safe to run the 200W to each one. What do you mean distort them??
Running more power to a speaker than it's rated for isn't all that dangerous as long as you do not distort them. Distortion is when the speaker starts to break up. You should be able to have a custom box built in behind the drivers seat with no issues. You will probably only be able to do a single 10", but it should sound pretty good nonetheless. The Stealth Box would give you much more output, but you may not care if you have a ton of bass!?!

orangeNblue

I don't care about huge amounts of bass. I just want a really clean sound. To me that's the most important thing. And that it looks really clean or stock. Anyways around how much do you charge for a box like that?? or how much do you think one should cost??

Broadfield

I would charge around $175 for the box... maybe less. That would also include taking the OEM panels off and mounting it back in there securely. It doesn't really have to be carpeted since it will be behind the factory panel. Maybe just carpet the front black or something just in case the wood could be seen through the OEM Bose grill. It is a HUGE cavity in behind the Bose sub. However, it is a slightly awkward shape. So I can't tell you an exact price without seeing and taking exact measurements. But if the box can drop right in without cutting OEM metal then I would charge no more than $175.

the vert
Car: 93 240sx vert

Hey Toby what are some good door speakers and rear speakers that I could go with. All of mine are busted. I listen to rock and nothing else I have a 10 inch sub in the back that is good for now. Also What about a flip up TV, DVD player, and that has an I-pod connection? Thanks man, oh btw love you car.

Broadfield

You can check my Alpine head units I have for sale in my sig for the flip out DVD/screen. As far as speakers go, I stock Hybrid Audio, JL Audio and Boston Acoustic. What kind of budget do you have for the speakers front and rear?

cwilson93

Hey Toby,

I only skimmed through this thread, so i hope you didn't mention it earlier, But do you sell the Defi HUD you have in you're coupe?

I love you're gauge setup (you're whole interior really) and would like to do something similar.

If you can still get them, how much would it be?

Thanks Man!

XingYu
Car: 1993 Nissan 240SX

Hey Broadfield! I have a quick question. I'm looking for a compact subwoofer that'll fit under the passenger side seat. Any recommendations? I'm not looking for a crazy system or anything, just something moderately better.

Broadfield

S13FTMFW wrote:Hey Toby,

I only skimmed through this thread, so i hope you didn't mention it earlier, But do you sell the Defi HUD you have in you're coupe?

I love you're gauge setup (you're whole interior really) and would like to do something similar.

If you can still get them, how much would it be?

Thanks Man!
Unfortunately at the moment I do not have any Defi connections. My distributor that I use to get them from closed it's doors. So I have been trying to find another distributor that fits my needs..... sorry

Broadfield

XingYu wrote:Hey Broadfield! I have a quick question. I'm looking for a compact subwoofer that'll fit under the passenger side seat. Any recommendations? I'm not looking for a crazy system or anything, just something moderately better.
What vehicle are you wanting to put it in? If it's a 240, then you really don't have many options. I don't carry what you are looking for, but Infinity makes a small little self contained sub... the BassLink. But it won't fit under the seat of a 240. About one of your only viable options is the new Rockford I-Beam. I do not carry it though.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com...12065

XingYu
Car: 1993 Nissan 240SX

Broadfield wrote:
What vehicle are you wanting to put it in? If it's a 240, then you really don't have many options. I don't carry what you are looking for, but Infinity makes a small little self contained sub... the BassLink. But it won't fit under the seat of a 240. About one of your only viable options is the new Rockford I-Beam. I do not carry it though.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com...12065
Yeah I wanted to put it in the 240. I also found the Kenwood KSC-SW10, do you think this would work?

http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Car_...-SW10

Broadfield

Actually that Kenwood looks perfect! I didn't even know they had that. I would just take some measurements under the seat and see if it would fit.

cwilson93

Broadfield wrote:
Unfortunately at the moment I do not have any Defi connections. My distributor that I use to get them from closed it's doors. So I have been trying to find another distributor that fits my needs..... sorry
Alright, thanks man!

i guess that means i pay retail for one lol

the vert
Car: 93 240sx vert

250 for a 4 would be good I really dont know how much speakers are. As I have not looked. I just know there are a ton of different kinds, and I dont feel like putting crapy walmart speakers in my car. I listen to my music pretty loud and I also have a vert so when you put the top down it makes the music half as loud.
Broadfield wrote:You can check my Alpine head units I have for sale in my sig for the flip out DVD/screen. As far as speakers go, I stock Hybrid Audio, JL Audio and Boston Acoustic. What kind of budget do you have for the speakers front and rear?

cwilson93

Hey broadfield... i'm gonna tell you what i want, and you tell me what would get the job done cool?

I want good sound quality with decent bass. Definately more than my stock speakers will put out. Is there a way i can get like.. a speaker/sub combo?? like a sub within a speaker or something of the like?? (sorry, i'm kind of a noob when it comes to audio.. i only know performance )

Broadfield

the vert wrote:250 for a 4 would be good I really dont know how much speakers are. As I have not looked. I just know there are a ton of different kinds, and I dont feel like putting crapy walmart speakers in my car. I listen to my music pretty loud and I also have a vert so when you put the top down it makes the music half as loud.
Well, you could do the nicer JL Audio C2's up front and the cheaper JL's or Bostons in the rear. You want to put most of your focus into the front speakers. However, even with better speakers, they won't be that much louder over what you have now. You would need an amplifier to get more volume. So that is something else to consider sense you are complaining about the amount of output you have with the top down.

Broadfield

S13FTMFW wrote:Hey broadfield... i'm gonna tell you what i want, and you tell me what would get the job done cool?

I want good sound quality with decent bass. Definately more than my stock speakers will put out. Is there a way i can get like.. a speaker/sub combo?? like a sub within a speaker or something of the like?? (sorry, i'm kind of a noob when it comes to audio.. i only know performance )
Well, mid/high speakers are not capable of reproducing low bass. So you would need a dedicated sub woofer for that. Assuming you don't want to spend a ton, I would recommend what I did in the previous post. Nice JL's up front and entry level speakers out back. I would highly recommend a 4-channel amplifier to drive them. That will give you better mid-bass, more volume and a cleaner sound. Then you can roll like that or add a sub woofer if you choose for the low-end. You would need an amplifier to drive the sub or just buy a 5-channel to begin with to drive everything.

cwilson93

So, to clarify.. Two JL C2's up front, which are pretty nice, two cheaper JL's out back, and a 5 channel amp to drive the speakers and a possible sub later?

would i need a 6 channel to run two subs?? cuz i've been considering doing two slim subs under the seats

Broadfield

Yep, you got it right! A 5-channel or a 6-channel... same difference. If you use a 6-channel, you are just going to bridge the 5th and 6th channel into one channel anyway. You can run as many subs as you want off of one channel as long as the impedance load comes out to the correct amount.

cwilson93

Broadfield wrote:Yep, you got it right! A 5-channel or a 6-channel... same difference. If you use a 6-channel, you are just going to bridge the 5th and 6th channel into one channel anyway. You can run as many subs as you want off of one channel as long as the impedance load comes out to the correct amount.
Alright! Thanks! do you sell any slim subs??

and do you also sell the JL's you recommended?

87nissanKC

Broadfield: I'm thinking of getting a set of Alpine SPS-406's for my 90 240sx. Can you get me a price? Also whats the average shipping to the west coast? Thanks!

Broadfield

S13FTMFW wrote:Alright! Thanks! do you sell any slim subs??

and do you also sell the JL's you recommended?
I do sell slim subs, but the only ones I sell are the JL's... very expensive and they are only made in a 12" and a 13.5". So they physically wouldn't fit under your seat anyway.

I do carry the JL's I recommended.

Broadfield

I don't really carry any Alpine speakers. I like other options better for the same price. I carry Hybrid Audio, JL Audio, Boston Acousic and some Kenwood. And since 4x6's are a very rare sale for me, the only 4x6's I carry are the Boston Acoustic S75's. They run $59 shipped.

cwilson93

Alright.. now you mentioned only carrying boston's in a 4x6... aren't my front speakers 4x6? (s13 hatch)

if so, can you still get me the C2's?

Basically, if you could get me the price on the C2's, whatever speakers you recommend for the rear, a 5 channel amp, and all the wiring needed. Plus shipping to 20755, i would greatly appreciate it.. Thanks!

Skilz10179
Car: 98 240SX

Toby, i sent you an email...

Broadfield

I hit ya back.

Return to “Advertisers' Marketplace!”