Brett Favre sets new NFL Record

NICOclubs sports and p0ker related discussion forum
UpStar
Car: Y34,CLK500,ML350,H2 Hummer & they all have a spot in the garage.

UpStar wrote:
Despite the nay sayers….. He did it! Step aside Dan Marino. Its official! Another record captured by the Favre! Next:Oldest QB to win a playoff game. Currently, Phil Simms (giants) has the record at 39 yrs old.Oldest QB/player to receive MVP. Currently, Charlie Conerly (giants) 38 yrs old. Oldest QB to win MVP was John Elway at 38 yrs old, so maybe Favre can grab two records at the same time.

I'll bet you 500 paypal dollars that they'll win a playoff game with Favre. The MVP thing is kinda subjective
I called it! Oldest QB to step on field in post season and the oldest QB to win playoff game. Whats next?

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

UpStar wrote:
I called it! Oldest QB to step on field in post season and the oldest QB to win playoff game. Whats next?
Perhaps holding Minnesota's management hostage when he changes his mind 4 times about whether to come back next year?

UpStar

Bubba1 wrote:
Perhaps holding Minnesota's management hostage when he changes his mind 4 times about whether to come back next year?
Nooooooo! I mean football records Possibly oldest QB to start and win NFC championship game or MVP

RCA

UpStar wrote: I called it! Oldest QB to step on field in post season and the oldest QB to win playoff game. Whats next?
Not to burst your bubble but that wasn't a difficult call to make.Mid-season I had the Vikings winning it all. Now it depends. If the Vikings go up against the Colts then I got my money on the Vikings. If it is a Sanchez vs Farve Super bowl then I have to like the Jets chances.

UpStar

RCA wrote:Not to burst your bubble but that wasn't a difficult call to make.Mid-season I had the Vikings winning it all. Now it depends. If the Vikings go up against the Colts then I got my money on the Vikings. If it is a Sanchez vs Farve Super bowl then I have to like the Jets chances.
You'd seriously take the Jets vs Vikes in Superbowl? You have paypal...right?

RCA

I like the Jets chances in a game MORE with the Vikings then the Colts, yes. Both would be tough teams but the Jets match up better VS the Vikings. Again I am not saying a Jet win would be a no brainer but I feel we would have a chance. Against the Colts, we would have no shot.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

RCA wrote:I like the Jets chances in a game MORE with the Vikings then the Colts, yes. Both would be tough teams but the Jets match up better VS the Vikings. Again I am not saying a Jet win would be a no brainer but I feel we would have a chance. Against the Colts, we would have no shot.
Here's a Favre question. It's inevitable he's a first ballot HOF candidate. If he gets a ring with Minnesota, given the sour taste he left in Green Bay, which team would he represent in the HOF?

UpStar

Bubba1 wrote:
Here's a Favre question. It's inevitable he's a first ballot HOF candidate. If he gets a ring with Minnesota, given the sour taste he left in Green Bay, which team would he represent in the HOF?
Good question on the HOF. I was thinking of that myself, but as for the sour taste he left in GB....and I dont want to beat a dead horse, but the sour taste was left in Brett's mouth when the onwer/vp didnt want him back in GB as a starter.
RCA wrote:I like the Jets chances in a game MORE with the Vikings then the Colts, yes. Both would be tough teams but the Jets match up better VS the Vikings. Again I am not saying a Jet win would be a no brainer but I feel we would have a chance. Against the Colts, we would have no shot.
As much as I'd like to see the Jets win that game, it will not happen. I want the Jets to win, but there isn't a chance in hell, but if they do...I'll come back here and bow down to you. I hope Im wrong Good Luck and Go JETS!!!!

RCA

I wasn't even aware that players are represented in the HOF by there teams...That is a tricky situation... It would be Minn, but he spent his entire career with the Packers... Maybe that is why they are upset.
UpStar wrote:As much as I'd like to see the Jets win that game, it will not happen. I want the Jets to win, but there isn't a chance in hell, but if they do...I'll come back here and bow down to you. I hope Im wrong Good Luck and Go JETS!!!!
I looked through all the scenarios and I agree. I still have hope because when the starters will still in (week 16) the Jets were down by 5 points and the Colts started their drive pinned in their 10 yard line. So it could happen, but we would need to have an other performance like we did VS the Chargers and the Colts will need to make some Charger-esk screw ups...

No matter what happens, I am SUPER proud to be a Jet fan this year and finally the stars aligned for us.

UpStar

Another recorded captured. Most post season career passing yards. Move over Montana! .....but, no SuperBowl! It was a good run, but I think Brett Favre will shut it down for good.
Modified by UpStar at 7:37 PM 1/24/2010

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

UpStar wrote:Another recorded captured. Most post season career passing yards. Move over Montana! .....but, no SuperBowl! It was a good run, but I think Brett Favre will shut it down for good.

Modified by UpStar at 7:37 PM 1/24/2010
I disagree. My prediction is Favre will do same flip flopping drama queen act again but I don't see him ending his career with a game losing interception. Also enjoying one of his best seasons, I don't see him turning away the Brink's truck with Minnesota license plates backing up to his door.

And I think Jabba the Ryan did a great job with the Jets. They were a good story this year too.

RCA

I disagree and agree. I don't think he will retire, but I think there won't be any flip flop drama. He just won't go to training camp but he will be a Viking until Donovan's contract is up with Philly then the Vikings will make a move to scoop him up.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

RCA wrote:I disagree and agree. I don't think he will retire, but I think there won't be any flip flop drama. He just won't go to training camp but he will be a Viking until Donovan's contract is up with Philly then the Vikings will make a move to scoop him up.
Hmmmm. Never thought of that. Its possible. I was kinda thinking McNabb might end up in Chicago as that's his hometown.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

Thought I'd bump 'da Favre thread as it appears to be "deja vue all over again".
He's started his annual will I retire song/dance routine.

My prediction is he'll play again as the Vikes are expected to be competitive again. I think he has at least one more phony retirement left in him after this one. :)

vikesfankevin1986
Car: 1995 300ZX TT

I have been annoyed because I haven't been able to watch sports all week because I have to hear about this crap. When they said FAVRE RETIRED, I rolled my eyes and shut off the TV...sure enough the next day he isn't retired. I haven't believed for a second that he will not play this year. Everyone knows that veteran players do not want to participate in training camp and preseason...So why the hell would we get an answer from him any sooner than right before the regular season starts? But then again if its not this, PEDs will be the only thing to talk about in sports...

UpStar

vikesfankevin1986 wrote:I have been annoyed because I haven't been able to watch sports all week because I have to hear about this crap. When they said FAVRE RETIRED, I rolled my eyes and shut off the TV...sure enough the next day he isn't retired. I haven't believed for a second that he will not play this year. Everyone knows that veteran players do not want to participate in training camp and preseason...So why the hell would we get an answer from him any sooner than right before the regular season starts? But then again if its not this, PEDs will be the only thing to talk about in sports...

true! favre never indicated that he was going to retire. the phony media created that story all by themselves. :rotfl he said, "If Im healthy and able to give 100%..I'll play"

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

UpStar wrote:[true! favre never indicated that he was going to retire. the phony media created that story all by themselves. :rotfl he said, "If Im healthy and able to give 100%..I'll play"
Untrue! (well, part of it). You can't blame the media on this one. Vikings tight end Visanthe Shiancoe announced yesterday Favre had texted his teammates telling them he planned to retire.

Then later yesterday, Favre's agent and the Vike's O-coordinator made the "he'll play if he's healthy" announcement. Evidently Favre is complaining about his ankle, which if he rests it, would conveniently keep him out of training camp and perhaps extort a few more million bucks from the Vikings who now find themselves in a similar ugly position as Green Bay in '08.

UpStar

Bubba1 wrote:
UpStar wrote:[true! favre never indicated that he was going to retire. the phony media created that story all by themselves. :rotfl he said, "If Im healthy and able to give 100%..I'll play"
Untrue! (well, part of it). You can't blame the media on this one. Vikings tight end Visanthe Shiancoe announced yesterday Favre had texted his teammates telling them he planned to retire.

Then later yesterday, Favre's agent and the Vike's O-coordinator made the "he'll play if he's healthy" announcement. Evidently Favre is complaining about his ankle, which if he rests it, would conveniently keep him out of training camp and perhaps extort a few more million bucks from the Vikings who now find themselves in a similar ugly position as Green Bay in '08.

Yeah...I just read that. Shianco needs a gag order placed on him :rotfl I guess we will wait and see. My bet is that he will finally shut it down and be done with football. :laugh:

vikesfankevin1986
Car: 1995 300ZX TT

The one of the great free agent QB's the Vikings picked up can lead them to the super bowl! oh wait...I forgot...we only have Jackson and Sage...

UpStar

I don’t Jackson or Sage has what it takes to get the Vikes to the NFC title game. Favre can do it! He has already done it! It’s too bad his health (ankle) is holding him back. As much as I'd like to see him back on the field...I doubt it, but I hope I'm wrong. The guy is good for the game and good for the vikes. 3/4 of the existing QB's in the NFL today will NOT play past the age of 36, so for Favre to be out there running and gunning at 40 years old in an NFC title game is a testimony.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

UpStar wrote:I don’t Jackson or Sage has what it takes to get the Vikes to the NFC title game. Favre can do it! He has already done it! It’s too bad his health (ankle) is holding him back. As much as I'd like to see him back on the field...I doubt it, but I hope I'm wrong. The guy is good for the game and good for the vikes. 3/4 of the existing QB's in the NFL today will NOT play past the age of 36, so for Favre to be out there running and gunning at 40 years old in an NFC title game is a testimony.
I think Jackson has the tools to get the Vikes to the big dance, considering how good the rest of the team has been, but he won't get there without playing experience. And IMHO, Favre's annual last minute flip/flop routine is bad for the Vikes, especially if he quits. Favre's salary is big and until he decides, the Vikes cannot commit that money to upgrade any other needed areas. And waiting til the last minute makes it far more difficult to make upgrades if he does retire, as the best free agents have already signed with other clubs.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

An amusing update. It seems Mr. Favre has some trouble completing "passes" off the field too. AP is reporting the NFL is investigating some allegations that Favre emailed pics of his weiner to a former game hostess (while he was with the Jets). there are also allegations that he fumbled pass attempts at two female massage therapists employed by the Jets. It appears he was seeking happy endings to his massages.
I could see them saying "Mr Favre, would you PLEASE flip back over?, I'm not massaging that." Evidently there is some damaging evidence in the form of voice mails and emails. Although Favre is not guilty of any crime, he could end up getting suspended for personal conduct violations (like Rothleisberger who was never charged with a crime). Stay tuned.

RCA

Honestly, IDK why crap like this hits the news in these opportune times. If these Jets employees had an issue with it enough to bring up to the media then why not do it earlier...

Why do it the week they face off against each other. I call BS; Jet employees STFU and let's go Jets.

UpStar

70,000 total passing yard and counting & 500 total TD passes and counting :dblthumb: :mike :dance

oh.... Favre topped Warren Moons total fumbles record with 162 :ohno:

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

RCA wrote:Honestly, IDK why crap like this hits the news in these opportune times. If these Jets employees had an issue with it enough to bring up to the media then why not do it earlier...

Why do it the week they face off against each other. I call BS; Jet employees STFU and let's go Jets.
Oh It's likely not BS. They said they have evidence. Unfortunately it's a byproduct of the age we live in. Way more personal scrutiny by the press now than when Favre was a rookie. If it was BS, Favre would be unleashing his legal beagles in defamation lawsuits.
And why now? Favre's featured in a nationally televised game this week (MNF). Add in the Moss story, and there's some real ratings fodder to entice viewers to watch the dirty old man in action. :naughty:

UpStar

UpStar wrote:70,000 total passing yard and counting & 500 total TD passes and counting :dblthumb: :mike :dance

On Oct 20 vs the Bears, Favre has another chance to trump Marinos Monday night win record. Good Luck! :bigthumb:

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

UpStar wrote:70,000 total passing yard and counting & 500 total TD passes and counting :dblthumb: :mike :dance

:dblthumb: :dblthumb: :dblthumb:

Old dawg's still got it. How many of us at 41 could still even go through an NFL-caliber warm-up routine, much less play competitively with 350-lb monsters that run a 4.6 40-yd? :ohno:

I kinda lol'ed when they broke out the fumble statistic. That's kind of an idiotic stat.

No s*** he's gonna have the most fumbles in the NFL... He's a QB, which means he touches the ball on EVERY play, AND he's played twice as long as your average NFL player.

What a stupid statistic.

RCA

AZhitman wrote:That's kind of an idiotic stat.

No s*** he's gonna have the most fumbles in the NFL... He's a QB, which means he touches the ball on EVERY play, AND he's played twice as long as your average NFL player.

What a stupid statistic.
Well if you are a starting QB in the NFL at 41, then no sh*t you're good enough to have 70,000 yards.

None of those numbers matter until you divide them by how many games he's played and compare them to other similar caliber players.

Peyton Manning:
- Fumbles per game: 0.284
- Fumbles to lost fumbles ratio: 0.303 of Manning's fumbles go to the other team

Brett Farve:
- Fumbles per game: 0.556
- Fumbles to lost fumbles ratio: 0.435 of Brett's fumbles go to the other team

Yes these numbers matter, he single handedly lost to the Jet's because of his turnovers.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

Stats aside, he is not having a particular great season this year. Whether it's because of being rusty by skipping preseason, or being injured now, or too many other starter injuries, or playing a much tougher non-division schedule this season vs last season, or fading skills, I don't know. Perhaps all of the above. Now add in the national humiliation of his getting caught sending pics of his shlong to a Jet game hostess and propositioning 2 other female Jet therapists and facing a possible suspension for it, and I'm not sure he's gonna make it thru this season.

the Vikes appear to have a difficult season ahead of them.

UpStar

RCA wrote:Peyton Manning:
- Fumbles per game: 0.284
- Fumbles to lost fumbles ratio: 0.303 of Manning's fumbles go to the other team

Brett Farve:
- Fumbles per game: 0.556
- Fumbles to lost fumbles ratio: 0.435 of Brett's fumbles go to the other team

Yes these numbers matter, he single handedly lost to the Jet's because of his turnovers.
It’s the bottom line numbers that will show his success. The 70,000 plus yards and counting ,the 290 + consecutive games and counting, the 500 + TD passes and counting ,etc… is where it’s at when you define a successful QB and not to mention a super bowl ring to match. His fumble ration and interceptions will not be a topic of conversation in the years after he retires, but if you want to talk hard core numbers, Favre's QB rating is 86.4 as of today and the last I checked, Dan Marino (labeled one of the greatest) retired with a 86.4 QB rating, so................ :dblthumb:

Keep at it Favre :dblthumb: You are already a legend

Return to “The Sports Bar”