brand new Murano missing paint coating

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
pavelmarina22
Car: 2017.5 Nissan Murano Platinum AWD

I purchased brand new 2017.5 Nissan Murano (MSRP 45,650) in October 2017. 2 month later I've noticed that rear door hatch is missing good chunk of paint. I paid $395 extra for Nissan special color (white). Seems to me the paint finish at the factory when they painted my car.

I submitted claim to Nissan Consumer Affair office. They denied the claim and told me to go to the dealer to repaint the back door. I told them that car is too expansive and I refuse to repaint it because the dealer quality won't be the same as factory. Nissan consumer affair office suggested to open a claim with BBB. That's what I did.

All I am trying to address is the Quality Control issue at the factory. I want the managers at Nissan to see what they produce. My previous 2009 Murano had no issues for 10 years. 2009 Murano was made in Japan.

I am very disappointed. I purchased 4 Nissans and I think this Nissan Murano will be my last Nissan going forward.

Also, please take a look, the lenses on new Murano have some kind of finger prints or tape glue marks. I did show this to the service manager. He was really surprised. We went outside to see if other muranos have this issue and YES, all of them had it.

Bumber on my brand new Murano was not attached to the body. I also noticed that after 1 week of having my car. I brought it back to the dealership. Service department fixed it. They said there are 4 hooks and only 1 out of 4 was engaged.

NISSAN MUST ADDRESS QUALITY CONTROL BEFORE THEY PUSH CARS OUT OF THE FACTORY...!!!! PEOPLE BE AWARE OF THE POOR QUALITY.

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

I also would prefer a factory machine paint job vs. some staffer at the dealership learning to do it. Of course no one is going to ship your car back to the plant for a paint job. I wonder how this will work out. Keep us posted?

Return to “Murano Forum”