brake question

1972-1979 Datsun 620 forums. All 620-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
mtuttle

hello there! i have been looking into buying a 620 pick up for some while now.. long story short i found one this weekend at a auction locally here in washington .1973 its a good little runner however there is no brakes (pedal goes to the floor) so i drove it home and used the e-brake, luckily i didnt have to stop but once! my question is there anything i should know about the brake system? im going to bleed them tonight and see what happends but im not sure that will fix my problem... im new to the whole datsun thing but i cant wait to learn as much as possible.. thanks!

mike

IMH

Just watch for leaks while you're bleeding the brakes.  Check the master cylinder as well as each of the wheel cylinders.  Rebuild kits as well as new cylinders, both master and wheel, for a 620 are not difficult to find.

71-521

Welcome...post up some pictures when you can....:D

mtuttle

thanks for the info! i put new shoes on the front adjusted the rear and did a good bleed job.. cherry! now im having a problem keeping it running after driving down the street, i think its fuel related.?.   here is a pic i only know how to post one at a time. mike

Return to “Datsun 620”