Boxing is dead

NICOclubs sports and p0ker related discussion forum
vikesfankevin1986
Car: 1995 300ZX TT

As expected, Randy Couture make quick work of boxing legend James Toney. Watching boxing is no different than watching a ju jit su, judo, muy thai, or wrestling match. It's just once piece of the puzzle. Judo gold medalists get worked over in the MMA. Ju jit su world champs get worked over in the MMA and apparently boxing legends get worked over in the UFC.
It seems like everyone has some stupid excuse but it's just bitching. People say MMA is just guys rolling on the ground. Yeah, that's what it is if you don't know a thing about martial arts. That's like saying boxing is just people throwing hands at each other.
People say MMA is boring. Yeah some of the fights are but at least they are only 3 or 5 rounds as opposed to a boring 12 round boxing match.
People say watching MMA is like watching a college wrestling match...maybe that's because wrestlers make the best MMA fighters.
Boxing is dead. Stop crying boxers and learn to wrestle.

RCA

I agree, boxing is dead.

I do enjoy a Pacquiao fight from time to time but even then that is the best pound for pound fighter in the sport. I prefer watching a Carwin fight any day of the week.

Mr1der
Car: It's still not a Nissan...

Floyd Mayweather went to jail to duck his fight.

meh...maybe K-1 will finally get to showcase it's awesome

vikesfankevin1986
Car: 1995 300ZX TT

A quote by Floyd...
"That mother f----- Pacquiao, he can't speak no English."
What a roll model...Personally, I would rather speak no English, than speak it incorrectly. If Floyd could speak English, he would know that "can't speak no" is a double negative. But hey, what do I know? He's the one with millions of dollars right? Maybe I should drop my I.Q. and start hitting people.

numbnuts240
Car: 1999 exploder 4-door 5-speed, 1974 fairlady z 250gt, 2011 ford focus, 2010 mazda3

different disciplines. a boxer got worked over by a guy fighting a different style. big deal. i don't care how much training toney underwent, going against his boxing roots probably felt unnatural (i didn't watch the fight) and was a hindrance. ask any "mma" fighter to box against a trained boxer and chances are, they will have their asses handed to them. murdered_T (a nico member and mma fighter) tried his hand at boxing and got worked over, then said he'd never do it again because it was difficult. i enjoy watching matches of the same discipline, using different techniques. otherwise i'd turn on my dreamcast and play dead or alive. or ultimate fighting championship :chuckle:

Return to “The Sports Bar”