BOSE Audio Thread

Post all your Nissan electronics, car audio and stereo questions here!
mahchu07
Car: 1993 300ZX NA

carcrazyguy wrote:
Well, then simply use the FSM if all you are looking to do is clean up the wiring. There are several places on the net that host the Z32 FSM...

On another note, I cannot believe anyone would hack a Z's dash wiring in the first place (adapter harnesses are $5, WTF).
Oh the previous owner hacked the harness to hell. The rest of the car is immaculate but he decided to buy the cheapest sony head unit he could with no pre-amp outputs or anything and hooked up subs and amps to it.

By the way what is FSM???

carcrazyguy
Car: 89 240SX SE, 94 300ZX, 94 Q45

mahchu07 wrote:Oh the previous owner hacked the harness to hell. The rest of the car is immaculate but he decided to buy the cheapest sony head unit he could with no pre-amp outputs or anything and hooked up subs and amps to it. By the way what is FSM???
That's just wrong! I am gonna speculate...since the car is immaculate, the story is...the meticulous owner recently sold the car pretty cheap, then a "middleman" bought it to make a little money off of it. Naturally the original system was not working right, so the middleman stuck anything in to help sell it...seen it MANY times.In reality however, us hardcore Z purists will pay more for a Z with a completely dead Bose system than one with a fully "working" CC or BB " install". Just knowing everything is fully intact as it came from the factory means alot!

Anyway, the FSM means the factory service manual. It will have a full electrical scematic. Another option would be to buy the harnesses that are missing and restore it, as I have done this many times for customers that are in your same situation.

mahchu07

I've found one FSM online and its got brown wires on the electrical wiring, whereas mine does not have any brown wires. I've been looking for the past two weeks or so and I'm about ready to just rewire and clean up with what I've found.

Anyways you can take a look at the car here, zerothread?id=83061, on the 5th page around the bottom.

carcrazyguy

mahchu07 wrote:I've found one FSM online and its got brown wires on the electrical wiring, whereas mine does not have any brown wires. I've been looking for the past two weeks or so and I'm about ready to just rewire and clean up with what I've found.

Anyways you can take a look at the car here, zerothread?id=83061, on the 5th page around the bottom.
There are 3 Z32's on that page, so I have no idea which is yours.

Anyway, there are 3 possible harness configurations for Z32. There is 90 Bose, 90-96 non-Bose, 91-96 Bose. So make sure you are looking at the right diagram.Also look at the part that identifies colors by abbreviation. For example, just because something says Br for exmaple, may not mean brown - every manufacturer does their own thing with wiring colors / codes.

undertone247
Car: 2004 Infiniti G35x (VQ35DE)
1994 Nissan Altima GXE (KA24DE)

Can any one tell me where the Bose amp is located in an I30? Read Deck? Dash Board?

Thanks

CaptinFocker
Car: 2001 infiniti qx4, 2002 saab 9-3

my problem, I have a 2001 qx4 with a bose stereo. When I put a cd in the changer it loads it and refuses to play it. Everything else works with the stereo. Any thoughts?

PoorManQ45

Read mechanism is bad. Need a new HU

seventy07
Car: 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5SL

audtaious what are your thoughts on this scenarion......I have an 07 altima with bose system. Will the sound be better if I replace the rear deck 6x9 bose "subs" with some very nice boston acoustics sx95 6x9, AND I want to keep the factory bose amp that is powering the rear deck speakers? I don't really want to replace the amp now, I figured with new speakers the bass would be cleaner and more consistent. Any thoughts?

PoorManQ45

As long as you don't put components back there you should be able to just change the speakers out.

I did this in my old 92 Q45

cabal1024
Car: 2005 Q45

What is the output power of the 1994 Q45 Bose? My stickers no longer exist.

PoorManQ45

I believe it's around 50w at ~1.2ohms.

At 4 ohms this is around 12~17w RMS. This is just fine for a decent coaxial speaker

mahchu07

So I've got a Nissan 300ZX that originally came with the Bose system and had a Sony head unit when I bought it.

The head unit plays the radio just fine, but as soon as you hit the source button to AUX or pop a CD in the sound stops. Since the speakers work just fine with the radio I would assume the original speakers and amplifiers are working fine if they are even still in the car.

The guy who had the car before me had all sorts of amps and/or subs spliced onto speaker wires, so I removed them but the problem persists.

Does anyone on this forum have any idea what the problem is with my stereo??? I really need help, Im tired of listening to the radio and would not like to shell out 50-60 bucks on an FM transmitter for the IPod.

carcrazyguy

mahchu07 wrote:So I've got a Nissan 300ZX that originally came with the Bose system and had a Sony head unit when I bought it.

The head unit plays the radio just fine, but as soon as you hit the source button to AUX or pop a CD in the sound stops. Since the speakers work just fine with the radio I would assume the original speakers and amplifiers are working fine if they are even still in the car.

The guy who had the car before me had all sorts of amps and/or subs spliced onto speaker wires, so I removed them but the problem persists.

Does anyone on this forum have any idea what the problem is with my stereo??? I really need help, Im tired of listening to the radio and would not like to shell out 50-60 bucks on an FM transmitter for the IPod.
Has it always done this since you got the car, or at least since you put the Sony deck in? If so, it is likely an issue with the remote turn on lead...meaning you have the antenna turn on lead wired into the amp turn on lead, as Sonys decks have individual leads for amp and antenna turn on.However, if it worked fine before with this deck and just started this on its own, you have a problem with the head unit.

mahchu07

carcrazyguy wrote:
Has it always done this since you got the car, or at least since you put the Sony deck in? If so, it is likely an issue with the remote turn on lead...meaning you have the antenna turn on lead wired into the amp turn on lead, as Sonys decks have individual leads for amp and antenna turn on.However, if it worked fine before with this deck and just started this on its own, you have a problem with the head unit.
I've checked the wiring numerous times, I'm pretty positive the amp lead is not being used and the fact that the antenna goes up and down gives me the idea that the antenna is wired correctly.I have two sony head units and the problem is the same with both and one head unit also has an equalizer display, so the head unit works fine.The first sony head unit was installed before I got the car, so I dont know if it worked before.I have no idea what is wrong with this stereo, could an insufficient ground cause this problem??? I would like to avoid getting into the speakers since it consists of completely removing the door panels for the front and rear panels for the rear, so if anyone has any other suggestions I strongly welcome them.

fueler
Car: 2 Nissans, 2 BMW's

audtatious wrote:What is needed to replace factory headunit and keep the factory speakers:

http://www.pac-audio.com/oem1k...+kits

What is needed to keep the factory headunit and replace the factory amps/speakers:

links are dead!

Mark Zuke
Car: 2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Hi, I own a 2007 Nissan altima sedan 3.5 se with Bose and Navigation.

Here are my questions: 1. How do I add a sub to my car. What is required? 2. Is there any way to install a switch so I can turn the back- up camera on with out shifting the car into reverse? 3.Will the DVD-Rom for the navigation play regular DVDs?

Thanks in advance...Mark

gsford

I have a 2003 G35 that apparently has a bad Bose Amp. It drains the car battery in about a day. I've seen threads saying the amp is often the problem, so I had it disconnected. No problems since. Thus, I think I need to replace the amp. Can I replace it with an aftermarket amp? Will any Nissan Bose amp work in it's place, or it this amp unique to the G35? Any thoughts appreciated.

G

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

You can replace it with an amp that is at least 2ohm stable in order to use the factory bose speakers. Else you may find one used on ebay

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

audtatious wrote:What is needed to replace factory headunit and keep the factory speakers:

What is needed to keep the factory headunit and replace the factory amps/speakers:

These links are dead.

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

PoorManQ45 wrote:I will not help the guy that wants to add subs to a factory system

Say that you're changing your mains and i'll help you.

Otherwise you're another boombox 'tard
Ah, just tell him how you really feel!

Anyone know if the pillar tweeters on later G50 are powered from the front speaker amplifiers, or do they have their own?

lkptpete
Car: 2009 cube

I have a 1992 q45 with a dealer installed 10-disc CD changer. It has a control unit for the CD changer in the center console area. When you press play on the control unit, the radio display goes blank and the CD changer plays through the factory system. (this is how it has always functioned). There are two DIN cables that connect to the changer and a flat cable with 4 or five wires as well. One DIN cable connects to the control unit and the other connects to the back of the head unit. Does anyone have info on the pinout of the DIN that connects to the head unit? I would like to try to integrate the CD changer with an aftermarket audio system. I have already rewired for new (not tied into the Bose system) speakers, amp for speakers, amp for subs and new head unit. Looking to see if I can feed to audio signal from the CD changer into the AUX input of my aftermarket deck... Since the changer controls are part of the console, I woul dlike to still be able to use it...

-Pete

lkptpete

More investigating!! OK, so the wires from the flat cable are 12V constant, 12V ignition, Illumination signal, and GND. The mystery 5-pin DIN that would normally connect the the back of the stock head unit.... Well, one pin is +12V with the CD changer is playing. This must trip a relay in the stock radion to allow the auio from the other four pins to pass through the head unit. The other 4 pins must somehow be signal... tip/ring left/right? That would be 4-pins... I'm going to do a little testing since it seems nobody on here knows!

lkptpete

I have sorted out the pinout of the 5-pin DIN cable that connects from the "dealer-installed" infiniti (SONY CDX-5N65W) 10-disc CD changer from 1990-1992 Q45 sedans. If you unplug the cable from the back of the head unit and look at it with the pins facing you, there will be pins at 10, 11, 12, 1, and 2 (clockface). The 10 o'clock pin is the shield for both left and right audio. 11 o'clock is tip for one channel of audio. 12 o'clock is chassis ground. 1 o'clock is tip for the other channel of audio. 2 o'clock is +12V when the CD changer is activated by pressing play on the control unit in the center console. The reason I didn't say "left" and "right" for pins 11:00 and 1:00 is that I never bothered to check which was which. I did my testing with some cobbed together stuff... Now that I know that this will work 100%, I went ahead and ordered some parts to make myself a cable. I ordered some extra as well. If anyone wants a cable to interface the CD changer to an AUX input on an aftermarket deck, email me [email protected]

carcrazyguy

You sure went to a lot of trouble when all you had to do was get an adapter like the one below...plug it in and be done.

lkptpete

The adapter that you show is nice and all... But it is to connect an external audio device OTHER THAN THE CD CHANGER to the BOSE head unit... I am doing the opposite... I am connecting the CD Changer to an aftermarket deck... You see in the pic you posted that there are two little wires??? Well that is +12V and GND... The device you show senses a signal coming from an external device and then sends +12V to the head unit via the 2:00 pin. This throws a relay (or a few relays) inside the BOSE head unit that shuts down the display and allows the audio signal comming from the other pins of the DIN plug to play through the factory system. Thanks fo rthe thought, though... (unless you were being a smart ***... Can't tell people's tome on internet forums)...

loanpimp
Car: 2006 M45 Sport

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for Bose System w/ DVD unit for 2006 M45? I am trying to install an amped sub, and trying find the rear speaker leads, REM/Acc lead, etc. without having to cut, splice, test, tape... you get the picture. The harness is a 20-pin..... 12v Constant on one end; ground on the other.... 18-pins in main area

19 18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 20

19 and 20 may be reversed.

Any input or direction would be greatly appreciated.

AcMav
Car: 99' Infiniti I30t

I have a 1999 I30t that I am trying to install a harness for an IPod in. I successfully made one of the adapters as pictured above for the Q45 (Its the same for the Maxima, J30, Every other I ive seen) and to my horror, when i ripped apart the dash to get at my Radio, it wasnt the same. I'm completely lacking a DIN connector on the back of my radio, theres only one open set of connectors (I have no Cd changer in my car). Its a square connector with 12 Pins on it, the model number of the radio is PN-2261D. If anyone could tell me what kind of connector this is / give me the wiring diagram of it, I would greatly appreciate it.

I'm just stumped because this model offered both a hands free telephone and a cd changer, but theres only one set of open inputs and i have neither.

carcrazyguy

It would probably be best if you could host some pics of what you are talking about, as visually I cannot picture exactly what you are saying for sure.

Also, the phone and changer option don't change the initial dash harness - as they both use a patch harness.For that matter, I sell the Nissan / Infinity phones as well as the patch harnesses for changers, so if you need pics of either wiring I can show you, and you will see the difference.

AcMav
Car: 99' Infiniti I30t

It's actually the rectangular open connector as seen in lower left hand corner of photo. I believe it's a Molex connector of some sort and that it is the auxiliary input for the CD changer option. Any help in supplying the pin layout/diagram would greatly be appreciated.

carcrazyguy

OK, I see what you mean now. For what it's worth, every Infin /Niss that I have added a slave CD player or similar to it used the patch harness - which interfaced with the two main harnesses, having two additional sub harnesses - one black and one white. But then again, I have not worked on anything as new as 99 (yet).

Return to “Nissan Audio / Entertainment / Security”