BOSE Audio Thread

Post all your Nissan electronics, car audio and stereo questions here!
carlos_knology
Car: 1995 Infiniti J30

I've added some Bose-related documents to my J30 website.

http://www.fuzzycats.com/j30_diy.htm

Carlos

chris_randolph
Car: 98 I30

I have a 98 I30 with the factory Bose radio. However, 3 of the buttons for changing the prest stations and using the cd functions have fallen off. Infiniti wants $250 to fix it. Any ideas? I know there was a site that sold the buttons for $15, but I don't know if the button broke, or if something in the radio that was holding the button broke. Thanks.

yelnatsch517
Car: '95 240sx

Replace it. Bose isn't that good anyway, so here is a good chance to change it. O btw, not that good is kind of an understatement when it comes to bose, but I'm just trying to be nice.

J.P.

I'm not all that into cars so pardon me for seeming a bit amazed at the apparent issues with the Bose systems. I thought it was just me. In any case, I have a 93 J30t with a number of electrical problems. When I turn my headlights on, I lose my interior lights. This has been going on for a few months now, although every now and then they'll actually work for a few minutes and then cut off again. Also, I'm beginning to think my stereo is haunted. I have the Bose system in there, which has given up playing CD's along time ago (it just clicks a few time then spits the disc out) and my radio works when it feels like it. At one point, the only way the radio worked was if there was a cassette in the deck. Another time, every speaker but the front right went dead, only to return to normal a few days later. Sometimes I get no display lights onthe stereo, even when my headlights are off and I'm unable to change the stations. At this point, all I really want is to be able to play CD's. After looking at this board, I'm guessing that all that all the things I've heard about having to rip out both the deck and the speakers to install an aftermarket deck are false. A friend of a friend told me it can be done with some sort of adapter. Once again, I'm terible with electronics. All I want is a cheap deck that I can hook up without a hassle and be able to listen to music. Thanks so much in advance for the advice. I love the car but this stuff is getting a bit irritating!

JP

J.P.

I'm not all that into cars so pardon me for seeming a bit amazed at the apparent issues with the Bose systems. I thought it was just me. In any case, I have a 93 J30t with a number of electrical problems. When I turn my headlights on, I lose my interior lights. This has been going on for a few months now, although every now and then they'll actually work for a few minutes and then cut off again. Also, I'm beginning to think my stereo is haunted. I have the Bose system in there, which has given up playing CD's along time ago (it just clicks a few time then spits the disc out) and my radio works when it feels like it. At one point, the only way the radio worked was if there was a cassette in the deck. Another time, every speaker but the front right went dead, only to return to normal a few days later. Sometimes I get no display lights onthe stereo, even when my headlights are off and I'm unable to change the stations. At this point, all I really want is to be able to play CD's. After looking at this board, I'm guessing that all that all the things I've heard about having to rip out both the deck and the speakers to install an aftermarket deck are false. A friend of a friend told me it can be done with some sort of adapter. Once again, I'm terible with electronics. All I want is a cheap deck that I can hook up without a hassle and be able to listen to music. Thanks so much in advance for the advice. I love the car but this stuff is getting a bit irritating!

JP

Jesda

How well do Bose head units play CDRWs? Closed single session red book format of course.

I ordered a CD player from a 2000 G20.

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Im pretty sure they dont read CDRWs!

rjs
Car: 02 I35

Jesda wrote:How well do Bose head units play CDRWs? Closed single session red book format of course.

I ordered a CD player from a 2000 G20.
I just bought an 02 I35 a few days ago, it has the CR090 6-disc Bose head unit, I've tried one CDR and it played fine. Don't have any audio CDRWs to try.

SayNoToPistons

well my 01 infiniti qx4 bose 6 cd changer is still sounding pretty good. for now. but sometimes when im playing FM at high volumes the bass getes a lil distorted. 1 big problem is i think some stupid bum underground garage parker stole my UP TUNER BUTTON (under the AUDIO button)!!! now i cant tune the bass/treb/fad/bal UP!! i cant turnt he stations up eitehr! i gotta go all the way down!!! bahh!! i cant even make the UP tuning work! does anyone know a place where i can find a UP TUNING BUTTON for a 01 qx4 bose 6 cd changer?! pleas email at [email protected] or lilazndevilz90 if you know!

Jehangir
Car: 1992 Infiniti Q45A

can I replace a bose head unit from a 95 Q into my 92Q as plug and play, or will I have to do modifications?

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Just get that adapter.. Its a nissan OEM part number...

ky03pathy
Car: 03 Nissan Pathfinder LE

I want to install a Pioneer AVH-5700 in my truck. Is the only thing I need to make it workcorrectly is the adapter from crutchfield? I also want to install the sirius tuner and ipod controller.what exactly to I need to make it plug and play? Is this an install i can do myself? Thanks!

sleeperregal

Each speaker has it's own amp. The front's are located in the door under panel and rear's are in the rear on the left panel. Remove plastic strip on the bottom where the hatch closes and proceed to remove the left side panel. I kept my Bose HU and used a Peripheral sven4 line output Convertor 4 channel ajust, which I bought from Ebay for $28.00. I spliced into the wires in rear of HU and removed the front Bose's speaker/amp. I install a 5 1/4"along w/ seperate tweeter made by McIntosh. I ran the wires from the rear of HU (RCA) to a McIntosh 2x100rms amp that power the front mids and tweeters through a McIntosh crossover. I did same for the rears using same speakers and amp and than using my output RCA jacks on the rear amp, I hooked up JL Audio mono cl D 400rms 4 ohm into 1 Audiobahn 12' SUB i MOUNTED INTO THE LEFT REAR PANEL THAT WAS REMOVED EARLIER, there's plenty of room for the woofer, you mayneed to arrange some wires but it will fit. I also insulated all door cavities and under rear panels and talk aboutn sound AWESOME!! It suits my needs for my 70's 80's music (ZEP, AC DC, Scorpians, Frank Zappa, Genisis,ETC) and it also can handle my son's Eminem,50cents,ETC. You will need to use about a 1 to 2 farrad cap. Before when everything was oem I needed to turn volume to about 24 but now 18-19 is more than enough and no distortion. Hope this helps!

qsiguy
Car: 1994 Infiniti Q45 Turbo

Thought I should add this info to the Bose thread. I have, with the help of some other members info, put together an aux input adapter that works on the '94 Q45 for sure and several other nissans/infinitis. It plugs into an 8 pin DIN plug on the back of the radio. You'll have to check for this DIN plug on the back of the radio to see if you have one. Even then I am not sure which models it's compatible with. Maybe some others will have more info on which models it works on. If you have the 8 pin DIN it's a simple test to see if you have the aux input. Just take a small wire and jump from pin #1 to ground and if you see "Aux 2" or something similar to that on the radio display you probably have the input.

Here's the other thread where we discussed it.zerothread/194403

Here is the adapter

This is it plugged in to the back of a '94 Q45 radio.

Here's the DIN plug diagram

The aux input is activated from a ground trigger through the DIN plug. I have made a few and can make more. The basic one has left/right female RCA inputs and a momentary push button switch. If anyone want's one I'll sell them for $20 plug shipping. I am in the process of making one with the iPod adapter hard wired to it with charging capabilities. I don't have a price for that one yet. Still getting all the parts together for that one. Should have it done in the next couple weeks.

mcrews
Car: 2002 Q45 Sport

[QUOTE=qsiguy]Here is the adapterhey qsiquy,02Q45 non nav has an extra plugin in back next to the antena?will youe plug work?

Mcrewsq

qsiguy

I think you emailed me and I replied, if not, the answer is...I don't know, I understand there is a DIN plug on the back but I need to know if it's an 8 pin one or 6 pin. The 6 pin one is for a cell phone input (at least on the older ones) and only has right channel inputs. If it has 8 pins it's worth more research....

musicfanatic123
Car: 1993 Q45

hey, ive been having the same problem in my 93 Q45. wondering if u have found any solutions to this?

konatown
Car: 94 Q45t, 2010 Genesis Coupe

So I had a shop put in a Pioneer HU. Sounds great, but I blew out a rear speaker.A. Can I put two aftermarket 6x9's back there and leave the 2 front Bose units in place?B. Which wire would I tap into because there is a bundle that ran into the factory amp unit?

TheStixter
Car: Infinite QX4

Im wanting to put in 2 12's and connect my bose factory head unit in my Qx4 to an amp that feeds my subs. I heard its a pain to do this. What do I need. Can I install it myself or should I have somebody else do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

qsiguy

Easiest way is to use an amp with speaker level inputs and wire them to the rear speakers. You can also get a separate LOC (line output converter) that will accept the speaker level signal and has RCA ouputs that go to the amp. After getting the proper signal from one of the two above methods just wire your power, ground, and a turn on trigger lead.

Not really that difficult, yes you can do it yourself if you have some basic skills and tools.

PoorManQ45

I will not help the guy that wants to add subs to a factory system

Say that you're changing your mains and i'll help you.

Otherwise you're another boombox 'tard

undertone247
Car: 2004 Infiniti G35x (VQ35DE)
1994 Nissan Altima GXE (KA24DE)

I have a 96 infiniti I30, and i want to put in this sony head unit i have but i dont know if the crutchfield part will work, the site says it wont fit my car. An Ideas on what to do. I was also woundering if could wire up someting out of the pre-amp/rear. Is the bose amp only for the rear or both front and rear speakers?

Thanks
Modified by undertone247 at 11:38 PM 12/21/2006

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

New MTX amps have a selectable input (low level RCA or speaker level input). Because I didn't want to upgrade everything at once ($$$), and the Bose sounds decent, I decided to disconnect my rear seat mid-bass speakers (05 G35) and use that for my sub input. The system sounds terrific!!

My next step is to upgrade my other speakers, still using the factory deck. (Its expensive to replace the deck...you need a new console/AC controls for the G35). PoorManQ45 probably hasn't heard the newer Bose systems...their not THAT bad, just need some low-end.

PoorManQ45

joe603 wrote: PoorManQ45 probably hasn't heard the newer Bose systems...their not THAT bad, just need some low-end.
I've heard the new bose systems in GMC vehicles(SUVs)

Don't get me wrong, they sound pretty darn good for a stock system, but even the cheapest aftermarket speakers will give you a 10 fold increase in sound quality.

The reason the new bose systems sound better then the one in the G50 is that they went to multiple drivers. They used to use only one driver to produce the whole frequency range. This causes major intermodulated distortion at "higher" listening volumes.

But like I said, a cheap set of component speakers with an amp will sound much better. IIRC you can choose if you want the bose system in the G35 or not. I'd recommend against it. You can spend less and get more aftermarket(even paying someone to install it)

Krisq
Car: Infiniti Q45 1995 and 1996

Where do you get the Seat belt cleaning Fluorine tape stuff?

bruce.weiland
Car: 2007 Solstice GXP, 94 Q45a, 05 G35 sedan, 01 I30, 01 X5, 95 325i

Hi guys,

This is a Bose Audio question.

I picked up my 94 Q45a today - with its' properly functioning Bose system - CD and all.

Since this car does not have a phone, I don't suppose there is any way to wire two of the steering wheel mounted phone buttons to raise and lower the volume is there?

Thanks for the reply.

Bruce

mahchu07
Car: 1993 300ZX NA

I have a 1993 Nissan 300ZX that originally came with the bose head unit and speakers. Im not sure about the speakers but the head unit was replaced before I got it and the CD and AUX features do not work.

At first I thought this was a problem with the head unit and started to replace it. It is a sony and I have a sony that I was planning on replacing it with, so since the plugs are interchangable I connected my new sony head unit to the old sony wiring plug and the problem persisted.

I would like to simply redo the wiring behind the dash and clean it up a little, so what i need is a diagram of the OEM stereo wiring(what color wire is for what). I have searched sites that never let me down before such as http://www.installdr.com and the diagrams are inaccurate.

If anyone can help me with this I would be very thankful.

carcrazyguy
Car: 89 240SX SE, 94 300ZX, 94 Q45

mahchu07 wrote:I have a 1993 Nissan 300ZX that originally came with the bose head unit and speakers. Im not sure about the speakers but the head unit was replaced before I got it and the CD and AUX features do not work.

At first I thought this was a problem with the head unit and started to replace it. It is a sony and I have a sony that I was planning on replacing it with, so since the plugs are interchangable I connected my new sony head unit to the old sony wiring plug and the problem persisted.

I would like to simply redo the wiring behind the dash and clean it up a little, so what i need is a diagram of the OEM stereo wiring(what color wire is for what). I have searched sites that never let me down before such as http://www.installdr.com and the diagrams are inaccurate.

If anyone can help me with this I would be very thankful.
Check out my thread at:

zer...97972

My site is specifically for 300ZX, but also applies somewhat to Infiniti and other Nissan / Bose systems.

mahchu07
Car: 1993 300ZX NA

carcrazyguy wrote:
Check out my thread at:

zer...97972

My site is specifically for 300ZX, but also applies somewhat to Infiniti and other Nissan / Bose systems.
There is no imformation there besides what i already know. The amps work since the radio plays, so thats not it. It's most likely a short or a bad ground, so i need the wiring diagram. Someone on another forum has it but i dont know what the remote label in pin 13 is for and he hasnt responded to me.

And that thread link leads nowhere.

carcrazyguy
Car: 89 240SX SE, 94 300ZX, 94 Q45

mahchu07 wrote:
There is no imformation there besides what i already know. The amps work since the radio plays, so thats not it. It's most likely a short or a bad ground, so i need the wiring diagram. Someone on another forum has it but i dont know what the remote label in pin 13 is for and he hasnt responded to me.

And that thread link leads nowhere.
Well, then simply use the FSM if all you are looking to do is clean up the wiring. There are several places on the net that host the Z32 FSM...

On another note, I cannot believe anyone would hack a Z's dash wiring in the first place (adapter harnesses are $5, WTF).

Return to “Nissan Audio / Entertainment / Security”