Bolt in A/C for RB swapped S14 and now S13!!

Discuss the RB20, RB25 and RB26 series engines.
usrocket
Car: S13 RB26

Sorry to revive this thread. I am going to find a solution for my S13. It has absolutely no PS or AC, but it has an RB26 and an AEM ECU.

RRRRB
Car: 98 RB powered S14

andres14oj wrote:I work for a radiator shop and we weld a/c lines all the time so so all that was no problem for me, i just had to weld the rb's compressor connections to the factory lines on my 98 s14, gravy... But, what is everybody doing about the electronics? I got mine working and all, only thing i need is another electric fan since it stops cooling after a few minutes of idling, but if i remember correctly i had to bridge some wires, and the way i have my a/c running the a/c compressor wont cut off under wot whereas on the r33 it does, at least that's what i understand. Or is everybody just running an a/c standalone system? Do those even exist? xD

On the 97-98's the AC system works differently

It stops cooling likely because its not cycling, there isn't an evap temp switch on the 97-98's. The 97-98 uses a variable displacement AC compressor from what ive read.

The 95-96 240's use a temp switch in the Evaporator, this interrupts the signal to the compressor clutch relay when the temp gets cold enough.. which is how most AC systems work including the r33 GTS rb25 compressor.

Check to see if it cycles, it shouldn't if its a 97-98 unless you've modded the system to. most AC compressors will cycle on and off around 41 degrees at the vent.

clowe1243
Car: 1995 S14 Stock
...not too much longer though.

Gotta ask...didn't see it directly addressed. 95 S14 KA24DE compressor will fit to RB25DET (I have Neo but shouldn't be different), will mount with S14 lines and compressor just fine?

How about the PS pump?

Return to “RB20DET / RB25DET / RB26DETT Forum”