bluetooth question / multiple phones?

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
mrnix
Car: Currently 2012 M37X, Malbec Black
Formerly 2004 Infiniti G35 Sedan

Sorry if this is a silly question, but can more than 1 phone be paired to the car and active at the same time? I was curious if I could pair up both mine and my wife's phone while we are riding in the car together. Anyone try this, or know if it's possible? My suspicion is that adding the 2nd phone will boot out the first, but I haven't attempted yet.

Debonair
Car: 2011 Infiniti M56

Looks like only one can be active at a time. Owners manual says...
PHONE SELECTION
Up to 5 cellular phones can be registered to the system. To switch to connect another cellular phone, push the PHONE button and select the “Connected Phones” key. The registered cellular phones are shown on the list. If you select a cellular phone that is different from the one currently connected, the newly selected phone will be connected to the system.

JCesar

just one at a time. you can go into the Bluetooth settings and switch what device you want on. you can have one to handle audio and another for calls. or one device for both

mikedamageinc
Car: 2012 M37x Touring
1999 Camaro SS
1997 Toyota Land Cruiser
2008 Yukon Denali

Me and my wife have our phones paired and I think it just picks the first one to pair for the phone but you have to manually choose which one for audio and it will stay on that one until you change it.

mrnix

mikedamageinc wrote:Me and my wife have our phones paired and I think it just picks the first one to pair for the phone but you have to manually choose which one for audio and it will stay on that one until you change it.
thanks. Maybe I'll pair hers and see if it continues to go to mine by default. I supposed it the car gets confused, I can easily unpair it. Odd that they don't allow two at the same time, and just make one the "dominant" device to get priority. She has a $50 Motorola Roadster bluetooth adapter in her Murano, and it can do that.

Altered
Car: 2013 Infiniti M37x

When I paired my girlfriend's phone, it automatically went to the newest one first, I had to select mine again to make it the primary. Also I tried setting one as primary for calls the other for music, but it kept using whatever phone was last selected for both functions.

mrnix

Altered wrote:When I paired my girlfriend's phone, it automatically went to the newest one first, I had to select mine again to make it the primary. Also I tried setting one as primary for calls the other for music, but it kept using whatever phone was last selected for both functions.
as sophisticated as this software is, it's sad you can't just select MAKE PRIMARY. or choose which to use for which function.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”