Bluetooth module issue on a 2009 Sentra - location?

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
hamiltzp
Car: 2009 Nissan Sentra

Hello,

I have a 2009 Sentra with moon roof. I recently had an issue with the drains from the moon roof leaking and causing the driver's side to flood (several inches of water). This apparently took out the bluetooth module - it would keep the radio display lit and run the battery down. I had the dealer fix the drains, but due to the cost, I had them simply remove the bluetooth module. The service rep was very nice and gave me the old module along with it's bracket so I could see what I was dealing with. The service rep also said it was located under the driver's seat, which is why it got flooded out.

I now have another bluetooth module from a junkyard, which I've placed in the bracket, and I want to install it. However, I looked under the driver's seat and I don't see any wiring harness, nor do I see where the bracket would mount. Was the service rep wrong on the location? Where should I be looking?

Thanks,

Zachary Hamilton

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Reps aren't techs. I'll check, but almost everything Nissan with a separate BT has it under the righthand seat, not left.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Nope, if it has an audio amp under the passenger seat then the BT is under the driver's. If they pulled up the carpet to dry it out and repair the flood damage, there's a good chance they left the connectors under the carpet. They're usually behind a chassis rail, so you might need to remove the seat to get the carpet up enough to find them.

hamiltzp
Car: 2009 Nissan Sentra

"If they pulled up the carpet to dry it out and repair the flood damage, there's a good chance they left the connectors under the carpet."

Yes, they removed the carpet and had it professionally cleaned because they said they couldn't get new carpet for that car anymore (this car has super low mileage so it's worth some work). I'll try to find time this weekend to check. Thanks!

Zachary Hamilton

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”