Bluetooth audio streaming for 2008 EX35 working!

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
nissang35

Thank you for the info.
It woks on 2008 G35S with Navi & Bose. I did not need the power injecotor, but needed 2 adapters as you described.
This also works with 2011 Nissan Juke SV manual without Navi or power injector.
Both cars connect with iPhone 7.

Redbeauty84ZX

Is there a way to turn off the auto play with this setup? With my android as soon as I start the car it connects and starts playing the first song in my library. Annoying when I don't want to use the bluetooth.

Bocatrip

Doesn't the 2017 QX50 have bluetooth audio standard? I haven't read the owner's manual yet.

Redbeauty84ZX

Bocatrip wrote:Doesn't the 2017 QX50 have bluetooth audio standard? I haven't read the owner's manual yet.
Yes I believe so. Older years like my 08 did not come with Bluetooth audio.

pilotbob3

Redbeauty84ZX wrote:Is there a way to turn off the auto play with this setup? With my android as soon as I start the car it connects and starts playing the first song in my library. Annoying when I don't want to use the bluetooth.
That's primarily a function of Android (although the BT adapter contributes to the issue). The best advice I can give is there are programs such as Tasker that can recognize a BT connection event and disable the play. Most audio programs default to play once a BT audio device is connected.

abratster2
Car: 2008 M45 (Base)

First time posting, already paypaled for a T shirt.
I come from some altima forums. My first car was a Sentra SE-R Spec V. I got an Altima SE-R from Chicago that was all messed up because of the salt from the cold weather. There was a big hailstorm here in San Antonio, TX and I ended up with a car that requires me to set up here.

I read through everything and am I to understand that if I buy everything linked in the first post, I can play Spotify on my Samsung Galaxy S5? I gotta hear my texas rap. I have discovered NPR, until I get my phone playing in my car.

pilotbob3

Hope it works for you, sorry you are forced to listen to NPR :)

If you buy from Amazon, you should be able to return things if it does not work out for you.

Someone a few posts back said they found a cheaper version of the bluetooth device at Amazon at:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017R ... UTF8&psc=1

Let us know if it works out,
Bob

abratster2

lol i love NPR but my girlfriend HATES it.

Believe it or not, that is the one I ordered from amazon.

My buddy with a Legacy Spec B had puchased a similar product on amazon for his iPhone and he let me try his and it did not want to connect. His was five bucks and did not get power.

abratster2

Picked up my Amazon package at my nearest locker and pulled under the shade of a closed building and had jams blasting in like 5 minutes.

Thank you so much!

Look into this set up if you have a 2008 Infiniti M45.
The sound quality is spectacular with Bluetooth and Spotify.

robdown
Car: 2008 M45 Sport

Registered just to say thanks and add to the conversation for the next guy...

Bought a 2008 M45 S with only 64K on the odometer...immaculate condition! Only downside was no Bluetooth audio, so I began a frantic search online and came across this thread.

First tried the BT45-INFI USA SPEC, eBay used $90. Didn't fit my car, I believe due to it having navigation.

Working solution was the OEM 284H2-1BA0B cable (got mine from partsfornissans.com) and the Bovee 1000 from Amazon. Didn't need anything else.

Took a few tries for initial pairing, but once connected it sees my phone consistently now. I have an Android, so the car display is lacking. No big deal since I usually keep it on maps anyway. Steering wheel controls work great and best of all the cable and Bovee are tucked away in the center console out of sight!

All set! Thanks again initial poster and all who contributed info :dblthumb:

pilotbob3

Really glad it worked out for you guys. Robdown, good to know that you did not need any other bits and pieces to use the Bovee 1000. It sure sounds like this is the new way to connect. Thanks for letting everyone know,
Bob

[email protected]

Hi all - I don’t know if anyone will reply to this since it’s an old thread but I thought I’d give it a try.

I saw in the first thread that this does allow both phone and audio to work but was curious if someone could comment on the functionality of this. I’m coming from a newer car where both phone and audio work through one connection and work flawlessly. Just curious if it’s a pain, if it’s not, etc.

Also, given that it’s been a few years since the first post (and a year since the latest activity) are there any new alternatives or better options to consider? Thanks in advance.

pilotbob3

Hey Mlorimer8,

The phone and the media audio works fine for me. For Android phones, just set the Bluetooth setting for the phone connection to the stock radio, and the media for the Bluetooth adapter. Works flawlessly for me. Not sure how to do it on iPhone, but some previous users said they were having some issues with Siri.

Only reports of alternatives are one user found a cheaper unit on Amazon, the CoolStream CarPro, and it looks like the Viseoo units are now called Bovee on Amazon.

I personally would like to replace my whole system with a modern head unit, but given the integration with the HVAC and the complex controls it's pretty daunting. I've seen a bunch of guys work on their G37, but it's a lot of effort.

[email protected]

Thank you. I hadn’t heard of the Coolstream yet. Looks like I should be in pretty good shape for my future M series.

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”