Bluetooth audio streaming for 2008 EX35 working!

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
billyt293

THANK YOU!

I registered just to thank you for posting these extremely helpful instructions. I have always wanted BT audio for my 2008 G35x and this works flawlessly. I bought everything for $116 from Amazon and it is working great!

Thanks.

mjsab

Bob -- I too wanted to pass along my thanks for the information you've shared. I ordered all parts last weekend from Amazon, and it works perfectly in my '08 Infiniti G35! It also works for me to solely use the CableJive adapter, and not include the Schochse adapter -- so, a little less bulk in the console.

Thanks again!

Mike

pilotbob3

Mike and Billy- delighted you got it to work, and really happy that it seems like the Scosche adapter is no longer needed. My guess is the CableJive adapter has been changed to work correctly.

Enjoy the tunes,
Bob

mango_sucker
Car: 2011 Infiniti EX35

Hi,

I just bought my first Infiniti on Friday. :biggrin: I pick it up tomorrow. It's a 2011 EX35.

It doesn't have bluetooth audio streaming (only bluetooth phone) but has USB out in the console. I have an android phone (Samsung S3) which I stream google music on. So can I use the setup referred to here except I will just need an ipod cable and then the three components?

thanks,
Colleen

timbero

Hi all - I just tried the arrangement from this thread (Tune2AirWMA1000 + CableJive dockstubz + Scosche dock) on my 2011 Infiniti EX35 and it did not work. I get a message on the display... something like: "Check connected device".

Any thoughts or suggestions? :confused: Thank you!

mango_sucker

timbero wrote:Hi all - I just tried the arrangement from this thread (Tune2AirWMA1000 + CableJive dockstubz + Scosche dock) on my 2011 Infiniti EX35 and it did not work. I get a message on the display... something like: "Check connected device".

Any thoughts or suggestions? :confused: Thank you!

A couple of Viseeo re-sellers told me the WMA2000 is the one that is needed for the 2011 EX35. They said to test before buying by plugging in an Iphone or Ipod into the USB and if that works, then the WMA2000 will work for bluetooth audio streaming.

timbero

Thank you. Test by plugging in an iPhone into USB in the car?

Btw, have you found a WMA2000? I had a look on Amazon and could only see it in Amazon UK...

mango_sucker

timbero wrote:Thank you. Test by plugging in an iPhone into USB in the car?

Btw, have you found a WMA2000? I had a look on Amazon and could only see it in Amazon UK...
I found this company:

http://www.smartworldcompany.com/produc ... r-wma2000/

I tested by plugging in an Ipod to the USB but an Iphone test will work too. The music played and song list showed on the dash. I have been told if you use an android device with the WMA2000, the music will play but you won't get the song info on the dash. Not a big deal to me. I have contacted SmartWorld about my 2011 EX35 and they said it will work. But I have contacted Viseeo's offical worldwide site as well just to absolutely confirm the compatibility. I will let you know what they say.

timbero

mango_sucker wrote:
timbero wrote:Thank you. Test by plugging in an iPhone into USB in the car?

I found this company:

http://www.smartworldcompany.com/produc ... r-wma2000/

I tested by plugging in an Ipod to the USB but an Iphone test will work too. The music played and song list showed on the dash. I have been told if you use an android device with the WMA2000, the music will play but you won't get the song info on the dash. Not a big deal to me. I have contacted SmartWorld about my 2011 EX35 and they said it will work. But I have contacted Viseeo's offical worldwide site as well just to absolutely confirm the compatibility. I will let you know what they say.
Great - thank you! Much appreciated. :)

TimGinCentralNJ
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX Journey AWD

Just bought my stuff, too, and am excited to see how it works! Hoping that this same setup will also work with my old 7 Series' ipod interface, too. Although it does have a line-in cable which I can plug into my phone's earphone jack, Bluetooth would be a whole lot easier.

Fingers crossed!
Tim

mango_sucker

I have a WMA2000 on the way from a UK store (http://www.viseeostore.com) for my 2011 EX35.

Will post back here when I get it and test it out.

mango_sucker

mango_sucker wrote:I have a WMA2000 on the way from a UK store (http://www.viseeostore.com) for my 2011 EX35.

Will post back here when I get it and test it out.
The WMA2000 works great in my 2011 EX35. I plugged the WMA2000 into the USB in the center console, started the vehicle, did a bluetooth device scan on my Samsung S5 to pair the devices, and played my streaming radio stations from my phone. All done in less than a minute. Awesome!!! Just note that you will not see the song/artist info on the dash screen if using an android device (which I don't really care about anyway) but all the stereo buttons work to control the music. If you were using an IPhone or IPod with this bluetooth device, you would see the song/artist info on the dash.

timbero

Great news! I will give it a try as well then. Did you need any other parts or just the WMA2000 was enough? (I assume you plug it directly into the USB port?)

mango_sucker

I just plugged the WMA20000 into the USB port in my 2011 EX35, started the vehicle, paired the bluetooth between my phone and the WMA2000, and started the google play radio station on my Samsung S5. That's how easy it was.

When I get into the vehicle now and start the engine, it automatically recognizes my phone and starts playing music.

TimGinCentralNJ

PilotBob-

I just wanted to say Thank You for all your time and effort on this. I bought myself the ViseeO WMA1000 Bluetooth adapter and DockStubz 30 pin pass through adapter and was up and running in less than 2 minutes. Only wish there was ID3 support for Android, but this will do. Since I have a same generation ipod setup in my 2001 7 Series, I can't wait to try this setup in it, too.

On a related note, do you recommend your CD slot phone holder? If so, would you mind providing a link or any details on it? Also, does is significantly block access and/or view to any controls, etc?

Thanks again!!
Tim

pilotbob3

TimGinCentralNJ wrote:PilotBob-

I just wanted to say Thank You for all your time and effort on this. I bought myself the ViseeO WMA1000 Bluetooth adapter and DockStubz 30 pin pass through adapter and was up and running in less than 2 minutes. Only wish there was ID3 support for Android, but this will do. Since I have a same generation ipod setup in my 2001 7 Series, I can't wait to try this setup in it, too.

On a related note, do you recommend your CD slot phone holder? If so, would you mind providing a link or any details on it? Also, does is significantly block access and/or view to any controls, etc?

Thanks again!!
Tim
Glad I could help Tim. The mount I use is a pretty cool one. It has both a magnetic base (that allows my phone to be held up without a latching mechanism) and a Qi charger. So, all I do when I get in the car is place the phone on it and it charges the phone (and now with the bluetooth automatically connects and starts my music player).

The device can be found at: http://www.theairdock.com/collections/docks

It's a bit expensive, but I really like mine.

If you don't need the wireless charging, you can use the Mountek version http://www.amazon.com/Mountek-nGroove-M ... s=cd+mount

The Mountek is nice, a bit smaller than the Airdock (and a whole lot cheaper).

Both do block the controls a bit (the way I mounted mine kind of blocks the defroster buttons), but you might find a different spot to mount a mount that works better for you.

Hope this helps,
Bob

TimGinCentralNJ

Hey again Bob-
Thanks for all the info. One last question if you don't mind re: the wireless charging mount...

I know Qi chargers don't charge at the same rate as a typical plug-in type charger, so I'm wondering if the Qi charger model mount happens to charge fast enough to keep up with the power demands of your phone, say when using Pandora, or even navigation/Waze, etc. I know the latter draw a lot of juice on my Droid Turbo when I run them.

Thanks again, sir! :)
Tim

pilotbob3

TimGinCentralNJ wrote:Hey again Bob-
Thanks for all the info. One last question if you don't mind re: the wireless charging mount...

I know Qi chargers don't charge at the same rate as a typical plug-in type charger, so I'm wondering if the Qi charger model mount happens to charge fast enough to keep up with the power demands of your phone, say when using Pandora, or even navigation/Waze, etc. I know the latter draw a lot of juice on my Droid Turbo when I run them.

Thanks again, sir! :)
Tim
You are right that Qi charging is generally slower. However, I can run my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with the display on, running nav and streaming audio, and there is enough to left over to charge the phone to full capacity. Your device of course might vary, but works great for me.

TimGinCentralNJ

Awesome. Thanks again Bob!

Best,
Tim

Phisnarus
Car: 2009 M35x

pilotbob3 for President!!

Setup was perfect and simple - works just as described in a 2009 M35. I've was struggling to find a solution for years and most intensively, and financially, for about 6 months with no luck on anything I tried. I didn't want to monkey around with (re)wiring things into the audio unit, a la USA SPEC PA15-INFI.

I had the Cableive already, just purchased the Tune2Air WMA1000A and the Scosche IFWAHBK home dock pass port charging adapter from Amazon. I didn't have to use the extra micro-usb power into the Cablejive charge converter to power the WMA1000. However, plugging the WMA1000 directly onto the CableJive didn't provide enough power to the Tune2Air unit... I may try using a micro-usb to test but the extra bulk of the Scosche unit doesn't bother me

TimGinCentralNJ

Phisnarus wrote:pilotbob3 for President!!

Setup was perfect and simple - works just as described in a 2009 M35. I've was struggling to find a solution for years and most intensively, and financially, for about 6 months with no luck on anything I tried. I didn't want to monkey around with (re)wiring things into the audio unit, a la USA SPEC PA15-INFI.

I had the Cableive already, just purchased the Tune2Air WMA1000A and the Scosche IFWAHBK home dock pass port charging adapter from Amazon. I didn't have to use the extra micro-usb power into the Cablejive charge converter to power the WMA1000. However, plugging the WMA1000 directly onto the CableJive didn't provide enough power to the Tune2Air unit... I may try using a micro-usb to test but the extra bulk of the Scosche unit doesn't bother me
Yeah, I seem to recall Bob saying the WMA1000 must have been updated recently as the Scosche adapter is no longer required; however, as you stated, you still need to run power to the Cablejive pass-through adapter. Not sure on the M, but on the EX there's a power outlet a la "cigarette lighter style" conveniently located in the console, so I patched into that as a power source for the pass-through. Actually takes up very little space in the console when not using the Scosche adapter.

Good stuff!! :D
Tim

tjlazer
Car: 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo Stage 3

Thought I would share how I got Tune2Air WMA1000 working on my Nissan GT-R. The 2009-2010's seem to suffer the same power and startup issue as you guys have.

With the Tune2Air WMA1000 connected to a Cable Jive dock Xtender cable it works perfectly. No extra wires or adaptors! Powers up right away, and you can see the tracks, change tracks, playlists, etc! I got the 2 foot version, they have a 6 foot but not sure if that works as well. (Note there is also a Xtender Basic cable, I don't think that one will work...)

http://www.amazon.com/CableJive-dockXte ... ve+xtender

pashba
Car: Infiniti G37 2009

Thanks Bob and others for some great info! I was wondering if anyone has tried using Scosche adapter + Tune2Air WMA1000. It seems to me that it should be technically possible. Scosche adapter is able to charge IPod and IPhones.

TimGinCentralNJ

I've been using the Tune2Air WMA1000 and CableJive DockStubz adapter (with micro USB cable for power) in my 2008 EX since January, and it's been working great--other than the fact my Android phone often causes the Infiniti's stereo to automatically switch to "iPod" mode when I'm listening to either FM or satellite radio.

So, the other day, I needed to use my phone for Waze and had to borrow the micro USB cable from the CableJive doc Xtender. Funny thing was, the WMA100 still worked w/ out it. How is this?

In fact, over the last 2 weeks I've left the micro USB unplugged, and the only behavioral difference I've noticed is that it now takes some random period of time (usually between 5-10 minutes) after starting my car for the WMA1000 to power-up and be recognized by the stereo--prior to which, it will say "iPod Not Connected". So, if I want to stream music from my phone on-demand, obviously I need to leave the micro USB plugged in to the CableJive converter, but I was hoping someone might be able to explain why the WMA1000 works fine w/ out supplemental power intermittently.

Fyi, I'm planning on buying a 2nd WMA1000 and CableJive Xtender converter for my 2001 7 Series which has the same generation iPod connection as my EX. Now, if only they would build in ID3 data support for Android phones, that would make me one happy camper.....

Tim

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

This is an AWESOME thread! Great teamwork, guys.

Huge thanks to pilotbob for laying the groundwork!

toadtm
Car: 2008 Infinity G35xS

Hi guys! Just joined the forum after months of googling trying to figure this out and then finally finding it here! So, thank you for this! I have been waiting for this for a long time!! Okay, so currently what do you need for this to work? I was hoping someone break it down for me to what is needed considering the latest Tune 2 Air WMA1000. Like the cables and devices :)

pilotbob3

Hi ToadTM,

If you follow the first post, you should be fine. Some other posters have said they don't need the Scosche IFWAHBK home dock pass port charging adapter I mention in part 3, but I needed it for my setup. It's not very expensive from Amazon in either case.

Good luck with your install,
Bob

JoeP523
Car: 2009 G37X Coupe

Here's a question for you guys! It seems the replacement for the WMA1000 is the WMA3000A. Will the WMA3000A also work? I read some comments saying that the WM2000 also works.

Also, will this setup allow Google Maps to stream voice navigation via Bluetooth? Do I need anything else to do this, besides the WMA3000A?

This is for a 2009 G37X Coupe with the Premium Package (Ipod connection)

Thanks in advance!

pilotbob3

Hey Joe,

Good find on the updated WMA3000A. My guess is that this might be the answer to save all the adapters I had to use. If you are in the market, you might want to give it a try. Amazon has a really good return policy if it does not work out for you. Please let everyone in this thread know if it works out for you.

Google Maps on your Android device should stream audio instructions just fine (it works perfectly for me on my Android KitKat phone).

Keep us informed,
Bob

jims1103
Car: 2009 Infiniti FX50S

Just signed up for this forum to send a HUGE THANK YOU to Bob! Bob's solution works like a champ for my 2009 Infiniti FX50S (with NAV system and the built-in 30-pin iPod/iPhone connection in the center console). And the timing in finding this solution couldn't be better having just received my new iPhone 6S last week (with lightning connector, replacing my iPhone 4S with 30 pin connector). I should now easily be able to get another 95,000 miles out my FX50. :biggrin: Oh, and similar to other recent posters, I did not end up needing the Scosche connector (even though I bought one from Amazon just in case), as the CableJive DockStubz+ adapter (with micro USB cable for power) was good enough for the solution to work in my FX50.

I have to point out too that this Tune2Air WMA1000 solution works even better than I would have ever expected. It literally is as good as being connected directly via the wire. I point this out, as some other vehicles that I've driven with A2DP bluetooth streaming offer a lack-luster user experience. For instance, my 2015 Honda Pilot and prior 2013 Infiniti G37x appear to only support v1.0 of the AVRCP bluetooth profile (play, pause, stop controls), whereas the WMA1000 clearly supports v1.4+ of the AVRCP bluetooth profile as you also get complete music library browsing controls (just like as if you were directly connected via the 30 pin connector). And much as some others have pointed out, it so flawlessly re-connects to the car when starting it up that the "user experience" has clearly been well thought out and implemented by the folks at Viseeo. :cool:

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”