Bluebird head on SR20de block build questions

For discussion of front-drive SR20DE, SR20VE and SR20DET engines!
Armendo89
Car: 1990 Nissan Silvia- CA18DET

I have some EMS questions for you guys. First let me tell you what were working with. I have a 1997 Nissan 200sx Se-r sr20de and i took a fully built bluebird sr20det head and bolted it on. Now I have some questions on how to make this thing run properly. Should I just get a power-fc tune it and call it a day or should I get a blue bird ecu and get a ROM tune? BTW this car is NOT turboed.. yet. I dont think it will run properly or at all with the sr20de ecu do to the fact that the DE heads ignition timing was controlled by a distributor and the DET head is controlled by coil packs, also we went from high impedience side feed injectors to low impedience top feed injectors that are much bigger. I already solved the injector impedience issue with a resistor box and the tune will take care of the A/F mixture. All suggestions and advice is welcome and appreciated thank you I will post a full build/mod list shortly.

Armendo89

This SR20DET head was disassembled, cleaned, inspected, and reassembled with the following components:
-competition 3 angle valve job with 0.040" valve seats
-Valve job performed on a Serdi machine
-cylinder head ported and flow tested on a SuperFlow 600 flow bench using Audie Technology digital interface
-exhaust valve guides replaced with manganese bronze and honed to spec
-all 16 valves reground using Kwikway valve grinding machine
-cylinder head deck milled to ensure flatness(0.010" deckmill)
-valve shims ground to fit Tomei solid lifters
-fwd sr20de valve cover powder-coated black with breather baffles removed and rear breather tube plugged off
-HKS adjustable camshaft gears
-Greddy rocker arm stoppers
-Tomei solid lifter
-Peak Performance race spec valve springs
-oem valve stem seals
-HKS 272 step 3 intake camshaft(228 degrees at 0.050" lift, 12.6mm lift)
-Nismo 280 exhaust camshaft(224 degrees at 0.050" lift, 12.6mm lift), this is an extremely rare camshaft. it was briefly made and I had to buy it directly from a distributor in Japan.
-FWD Cometic 0.040" MLS head gasket
-Nissan Pulsar GTI-R individual throttle bodies cut and rewelded to be used on a rwd configuration sr20 engine. after welding intake plenum port matched.( This head was initially built for a RWD car but the customer backed out and I bought the head so I made a new custom Intake manifold with the individual throttle bodies)
-Profab insulating intake manifold spacer gasket
-444cc top feed injectors (bluebird Injectors)

Now it's time for Engine management and I want to know what you guys think I should do, I appreciate all of your suggestions.
Thank you, Anthony

Armendo89

bump

compactfean
Car: 89 240sx s13 sr gt3071r 23psi
B14 sentra ser sr20de-t 7psi
daily

What fits in the head? A cas or a dizzy? Having a hard time picturing this mismatch setup. Whichever you plan on running will narrow your options of what ecu to run because if you use cop ignition from the blue bird, you will have to run a bluebird ecu or a stand alone. (if you run a blue bird maf and injectors you won't have to chip it if you turbo it.) If you run a.dizzy you can run the stock ecu but would have to have it chipped (jwt is the only company I know of that can chip an obd2 ecu, but then you could be smog legal!!!)

hanifnoor
Car: BMW

after welding intake plenum port matched.( This head was initially built for a RWD car but the customer backed out and I bought the head so I made a new custom Intake manifold with the individual throttle bodies)
-Profab insulating intake manifold spacer gasket

Return to “SR20DE / SR20VE / SR20DET Forum (front drive)”