block heater

Home of the Nissan Cube forum and CubeDriver.com
lance
Car: 2009 Cube Krom

Does any of you Cube owners live in a northern clime such that your cube needs a oil or water jacket heater to easy the cold oil up to the top end in the dead of winter? I would like to install an after market oil heat and I am asking for some help. I, and my cule , live in Canada north of Montana.

Promise Land
Car: 2011 Nissan Versa
2001 Chevy Suburban
1992 Ford Mustang

Is there an engine heater option available for Canadian units? I know there are for Titan, Frontier, etc. Didn't know on other cars.

lance
Car: 2009 Cube Krom

Hey Promised Land.
Thanks for the response. I bought the Cube in Minneapolis so it is not a Canadian model. I am sure the dealers have an electric resistor that they install in the water jacket of the block but they want some $450 for the job.
I was hoping for one of the club members that had the same problem to offer a simple after market solution. I wanted something like the solution for the old water cooled VW motors that come up from the States. They all need pre-start heaters. The solution is to bolt on a 7 amp 110 volt resistor ring to the underside of the oil pan. Presto... works like a darn...

Return to “Cube Forum”