Blinker color

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
dmw98path
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Can someone tell me the color of the blinker on the Rogue? I'm really glad they didn't put LED lights on the vehicle--at least as far as I can tell.

Thanks,-dan

dmw98path

Can someone out there who has a Rogue turn on the blinker or hazard lights and check out the blinker in the back. I'm curious to know if it is yellow or red

Thanks,-dan

computerguy
Car: 2005 350Z Roadster/2021 ROGUE Platinum AWD

Checked and mine is red

exeunt
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD Phantom Pearl

I thought they were LEDs.. I guess not? What's bad about LEDs?

dmw98path

>>What's bad about LEDs?

Have you ever been behind a Prius at a stoplight? Super bright--hard on my eyes.

1) Too bright2) Hard on/off - I like that soft analog feel. If the designers faded the lights on/off it would look nicer but I think they like the instant on for safety.3) Discrete LED's. If they used a diffuser the lights would look much better too often they place about 9 or so LED's, each have their place and it just doesn't look that good to me.

Many auto manufactures are going that route. Done right it will look really good but I haven't seen a design I like.

-dan

exeunt

Hrm.. I love the LED look personally. LEDs come in a variety of brightness, and I guess I haven't noticed how bright they currently are, but I do like the fact that you probably never need to replace them, they're bright and very quick on (like you said, good for safety).

I'm just waiting for LED headlights! lol

websfear
Car: 2008 Rogue SL Venom Red

What's bad about LEDs?

No heat, for us snow people.

The don't get warm enough to melt the snow falling on them. That's the main problem they are having with them as control lights (stop and go).

exeunt

Living in Canada, we get our share of snow. Generally no one relies on the heat of their car to clear the snow off their vehicle. We have brushes and scrapers for that, and once the car is moving, it doesn't really accumulate any snow

And if your blinkers are on enough to melt snow off of them, I suggest shutting off your hazards while driving

Return to “Rogue Forum”