Bioshock Infinite...holy crap ***STORY SPOILERS!***

PC, Game console and Online gaming discussion forum
Ace2cool
Car: 1991 Nissan 300ZX TT
1966 Datsun Fairlady 1600
2005 Suzuki GSX-R 600
1974 Honda CB550 Four
2009 Ford F150 Lariat

...But what if one of the constants is his decision to go to the baptism? Like his choice of picking heads every time? This is why multiverse scenarios make my head hurt.

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

Ace2cool wrote:...But what if one of the constants is his decision to go to the baptism? Like his choice of picking heads every time? This is why multiverse scenarios make my head hurt.
If there's a choice to be made, there should be a universe for every outcome. So I don't prescribe to the notion that a constant would be Booker going to the baptism. It was an active choice to go, so that means there should be an active choice NOT to go. Otherwise, the after credit scene makes little to no sense.

The point of the coin toss scene was to allude to that many Bookers had already been to Columbia before. And you can choose heads or tails in the scene, the coin just always lands on heads.

alms24sebring
Car: '97 Nissan 240sx. First Nissan. First love. Sold.
'04 Nissan Sentra SER SpecV

Beat this game a few weeks ago. Definantly awesome and the ending was incredible. It really was a mindfudge to think about. Altho I felt like it was alittle quick, its still a great game with a greater story. I hope to be playin it on hard in the coming weeks/months...

Loki
Car: 1994 Nissan 240SX Convertible
2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2001 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning

Hijacker wrote:Booker drowning at the end is the beginning of a grandfather paradox. Liz shows him why he must die, he drowns himself to prevent all possible Comstocks from existing, she fades from existence, and the multi-verse rights itself. The paradox would be if Liz had never existed, nobody would convince Booker to off himself, so then Comstock would happen, and the paradoxical cycle would continue.
The theory I have heard is that Liz, after destroying the siphon, tends to transcend the universe and exist fully inside and outside of all realities. There are infinite universes but only ONE in which the siphon is actually destroyed, releasing her full potential, and resulting in the drowning scene which cancels all other Columbia universes.
s0m3th1ngAZ wrote:In short...consoles are for chumps... I do hate the autosave function though. I'll get through a really tough fight, go a good 5 minutes ahead of it, quit, then on next startup be before the really tough fight again (1999 mode blows a**)
GIVE ME SOME GODDAMN SALTS AN..er.. ELIZABETH. She did it so often even on hard too.
Oh god, I had a nightmare scenario with the autosaves. I had recently moved my Xbox and TV to a different room, and never hooked up the ethernet. After playing one night for several hours I booted up my file only to be dropped at the point from before I moved the Xbox. I thought I had just lost hours of gameplay for no reason, before I figured out that my Xbox had reset its internal clock back to 2005, and my save files were actually listed before the earlier save points. Ugh what a heart attack moment.

alms24sebring
Car: '97 Nissan 240sx. First Nissan. First love. Sold.
'04 Nissan Sentra SER SpecV

^ That suuucks. Sometimes Ill quit playing a game for a while because itll piss me of so bad that I lost game time, especially when talking about hours of time!

RCA

Where

is

the

DLC!!!!!!!!

RCA

RCA wrote:Where

is

the

DLC!!!!!!!!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpgvZay10jE[/youtube]

Welp, there you go.

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

I finally bought this on sale.

I'm about two hours in and still waiting to be impressed.

It's yet more of the same bland that constituted the first two games. Mediocre ideas poorly executed. The combat is INSANELY bland. No depth at all. And "difficulty" merely makes it harder to kill and easier to die. I'd comment on the lack of change in AI between difficulties, but there's no AI to change in the first place. Enemies run up to you and stand still waiting to get punched, or stand in the background taking careful aim waiting to get shot. Fights range wildly from utterly simple to sudden unexpected deaths. There's no balance and no feeling of actually having an input on the flow of battle. You just shoot stuff until it dies, and whether or not the fight ends well feels like pure luck. Aiming weapons (ironsights or freehand) feels like a die roll...headshots happen or don't happen regardless of how well you've aimed.

I'm also two hours in and waiting for ANYTHING to happen with the story. It's got this self-impressed build-up going on, composed largely of self-impressed not-remotely-subtle social commentary.

Also, the game goes out of its way to suggest that you avoid shooting first, because combat's not always the answer. Except that there's no way to know which way to go! Sometimes you walk into a room of unaware people, "don't shoot" and get massacred for your lack of foresight. Other times you'll kill a flock of guards who would have ignored you. There's no feedback and no feeling of being "right" or "wrong" either way aside from death. The game is massively uncommunicative. It has the same issue as the first two: EVERYONE is a bad guy--except when the story decides we need a good guy. It's not a very transparent way to do things. You need to make the rules of your gameworld clear to the player or it's not going to be rewarding to play. If you're going to ask me to avoid combat, GIVE THAT APPROACH A PURPOSE. Or just STFU and let me get back to the repetitive and paper-thin combat so I can move on and hopefully get to the point of the story that everyone else is so impressed by.

Still Bioshock. Still a lot of talk and not much fun. I still find myself getting bored and frustrated rather than having any fun. And it's not "Demon Souls" style I'm being challenged frustrated, it's "this game is really badly designed and it's getting in the way of my enjoyment" frustrated.

RCA

Honestly, you didn't stand a chance. You started playing this game after it was crowned the greatest game ever blah blah.
Also Bioshock suffers from being an FPS, it's a better story teller than it is an FPS.
It's combat isn't bad but when you compare it to everything else it falls flat on it's face.
Also the game suffers from bullet sponginess . The difficulty just means you need to shoot the same enemies a ton more, bad design.
I did enjoy the different powers though, but for the most part the combat fell short compared to the rest of the game.

Finally the game shouldn't be as long as it was. 5 hours is all you need to tell that story, but it does drag.

Return to “Gaming”