Best interior ever post it here

NICO's official source for Nissan upholstery, carpet, headliners, and trim information!
Stripes
Car: hatch, coupe

Broadfield,I am trying to do what you did with installing gauges where the center vents were, and I am wondering if you made those angled gauge bezels or if you bought them from somewhere. I just used PVC and it doesn't look the greatest.

Broadfield
Car: 1992 240sx

I made the aluminum plate myself, but I bought the angle rings from Summit. They are around $10 and they come in a package of 3. I texture painted all of the rings and the aluminum plate separate. I then painted all four pieces my final color that I wanted, then assembled it all.

Stripes
Car: hatch, coupe

Thanks for the info man, I'll have to order a set I didn't know you made your plate out of aluminum! It doesn't even look like it hahaha, nice job. I made mine out of an extra piece of interior plastic and it matches my dash perfectly.Also, I remember you saying you sell defi gauges(?) Would I be able to contact you for pricing and info?

Broadfield

Stripes wrote:Also, I remember you saying you sell defi gauges(?) Would I be able to contact you for pricing and info?
I use to have a distributor that gave me a great dealer cost. However, they have fallen off the face of the planet. I have another distributor that I can get them from, but not at a great price. So when you are ready, let me know what you want, and I will get some prices for you. If you can get them cheaper somewhere else then no biggie!

urbanskiben
Car: 1991 240sx with 93 motor bored out

snake240 wrote:opinions vary. i dont like the stock int. heres a couple pics of door panels while they were being done.

did u jus paint these or what

snake240
Car: 92 hatch SR20DET

yeah they got painted with just spray paint for now. what your seeing in the pic is stages of fiber glass and bondo. they are flat black right now until i repaint entire car later on. and i may just wrap them.

Mathdes8718
Car: nissan 240sx 1995 and cadillac CTS 03

Broadfield wrote:My last step is to finally get some Bride Gias. Hopefully next summer.

that interior is so clean and very well done I would like to have your skills man, this is just amazing work!

Torgus
Car: Nissan Maxima

imposible drift wrote:I just want to see the best interior you guys have ever seen or have Getting some ideas for my 240sx First generation silvia s13
back seatsfront

i should get some better pics. doors have matching leather inserts. dask kit. fancy guages. it's an old pick. now i have my AVN in there w/ ps2. in a month or two i'll be adding 4-5 Tvs.

aftermarket 2 tone w/ perf inserts ftw
Modified by Torgus at 6:19 AM 2/18/2009

DJ Raijin
Car: 1992 300ZX 2+0 T Top NA

Broadfield, I love your gauges. Did you use a fiberglass set up to hold them in place or did you just have a piece of plastic? And what do you do for an odometer and gas gauge?
Modified by DJ Raijin at 11:53 AM 3/3/2009

240SETulsa

Broadfield your interior is simply amazing. Do you mind sharing things like how you did your cluster (gauges custom work etc) and your dash? My s13 project is just getting going and I would like it to look as clean and polished as yours. Where did you purchase those items\ for your interior?

Broadfield

DJ Raijin wrote:Broadfield, I love your gauges. Did you use a fiberglass set up to hold them in place or did you just have a piece of plastic? And what do you do for an odometer and gas gauge?

Modified by DJ Raijin at 11:53 AM 3/3/2009
Here is a short write up.... nothing overly informative though,

zerothread?id=276663

If you thumb through the entire thread you'll see what I did for a fuel gauge. I don't care about an odometer, so I don't have one.

DJ Raijin

Broadfield wrote:
Here is a short write up.... nothing overly informative though,

zerothread?id=276663

If you thumb through the entire thread you'll see what I did for a fuel gauge. I don't care about an odometer, so I don't have one.
So I suppose the far left gauge in your dash is your fuel gauge?

Broadfield

Nope, in the center console behind smoked plexi. Defi doesn't make a fuel gauge.

Modified by Broadfield at 7:47 PM 10/4/2009

DJ Raijin

Broadfield wrote:Nope, in the center console behind smoked plexi. Defi doesn't make a fuel gauge.
Nice that's very slick. I like the layout a lot. Though I think I would have removed the ash tray and stuck it there. I've met people who are very disrespectful and believe that just because there's an ash tray and a cigarette lighter that smoking is allowed inside my car (I'm highly allergic to cigarette smoke).

I know others have said this, but your interior is an inspiration. My Z has a very nice layout from the factory, but you make me want to strive for a cleaner, more modern and more precise instrumentation.

wantz87
Car: 1990 240sx/stock v2.0
1998 GMC Sierra c1500

hey broadfield, how much did that dash/gauge setup set you back?

Broadfield

I built it myself, so nothing except the price of the gauges. Which that will depend on what gauges you use.

chokudori8
Car: 1990 Nissan 240sx

Here's mine!

CowboyTroy
Car: Ferrari

broadfields interior is the win

degi gauge setup is crazy

Disrupter911

posted a thread in the gen chat not to long agojust though id spread the love.

breadbox
Car: Red 89 240sx,Black 89 Koop, White 84 720 4x4KC

Cleanest leather in a 240sx I have ever seen.

the vert
Car: 93 240sx vert

Snake240 I have to ask you how did you do your door panel like that? I know the basics but, do you know any website that cover how to do stuff like that? I want to do the same in my vert and also make a fiberglass cover for the top when it is down.

Broadfield

Here is a post I made on my interior thread. This is just kind of a mini write-up, as I did not take a bunch of pictures during the process.

Things needed: A small 90 degree hook pick, 3M blue masking tape, 3M Super Trim Adhesive(probably can't buy this in the stores), razor blade, adhesive remover and some newspaper/packing paper/plastic etc.(anything to cover up the door card where you don't want glue)

1st: Clean the area REALLY well with adhesive remover (I like 3M).

2nd: Use blue 3M masking tape to tape off the area to be glued. -You need to tape to the outside vertical wall of the valley. -I use a long piece of tape on the straights and a bunch of small pieces around the radius. -I use the 90 degree pick to help push the tape onto the vertical wall. -then fold over the tape onto the door card. -next tape paper etc. onto the tape that is folded over to mask off the entire door card.

3rd: Spray adhesive onto the area not taped off and onto the material being used. -don't worry about getting spray adhesive past where you need it on the material....actually it is recommended. -you will let the adhesive set up per directions.... usually at least 5 minutes, but no longer than 60 minutes.

4th: Next pull off all the paper and tape.

5th: Apply your material onto the card. Make sure it is big enough to cover each direction by several inches. -note: the glue will only stick to itself. So that's why it doesn't matter that you have extra glue on the material.... because it will not stick onto any of the plastic that doesn't have glue.

6th: Work the material onto the card making sure to stretch this way and that so you do not get any wrinkles etc. -use a lot of force to work the material onto the card.... ESPECIALLY in the corners. -keep applying pressure as you rub your fingers, thumb whatever back and forth over the material. -even after step 8, I will still keep rubbing the material onto the card firmly.....ESPECIALLY in the corners. -even after I wake up the next morning, I will go over it again applying pressure. -most glues don't fully cure for 24 hours at 75 degrees. -the material should extend at least a few inches past the valley.

7th: Use the hook pic to push the material all the way down into the valley.-Obviously make sure not to catch the end of the pic on the material. I use it at an angle so the end is sticking out of the valley. -you can usually just pull or push the pic through the valley and it will pull the material down in. -so you will obviously have extra material sticking out of the valley now.

8th: Take a razor blade and carefully run it around down inside the valley. -this will make a perfect cut down inside there and the extra material will come right off. -I like to wrap the same blue masking tape around the razor blade except for the last 1/4" of the tip. -that way the rest of the blade has no chance of catching on the material on the walls of the valley.

Finished product with perfect results:

prtrillaboss

Broadfield wrote:
Finished product with perfect results:

That look really good where did you get the material that says bride?

Broadfield

Driveline Motoring

prtrillaboss

thank you

theconnect
Car: 1995 240sx Ka24det

Broadfield,

I am still waiting on you reply and a price quote on if you can do that same interior for a 95 240. E-mail me back [email protected] thanks and take care of yourself....

Broadfield

Yep, I hit ya back!

crakin
Car: 1996 240sx s14, 2008 Chevrolet silverado crew cab,
2011 Suzuki gsxr 750

broadfeild your interior is immaculate man.

splintercell
Car: 1989 Nissan 240sx HB
1991 Nissan Silvia

Broadfield's interior is the best on Nico!

heres my clean oem setup. :bigthumb:

SARD battery box

og NARDI wheel

jmann
Car: 2017 Mercedes GLC300 4matic
2015 Infiniti QX70 AWD

Not the best, but vastly better than stock, Heated and perforated Katzkins leather, JVC Kw-nt3hdt
The HU has a removable faceplate and of course has bluetooth, backup camera, nav, hd & xm radio, and integrated steering wheel control.
I didn't have the rear seats perforated, in case one of the kids spill something back there:

Return to “Interiors”