BCS National Championship 2012 (civilized discussion)

NICOclubs sports and p0ker related discussion forum
300ZXttZMAN
Car: 1990 300zx Twin Turbo 5 spd pearl white.

My Daily: 2008 Frontier NISMO package, 4x4 Crew Cab.

Obviously from my profile you can see that I am from Louisiana. So yes its safe to say that I have been a LSU fan for life.

WTF happened last night I was hoping we would give Lee a chance, I mean it seems like Jeffersons head was not in the game.

orangeNblue
Car: 2008 Nissan 350z

As a fan of the SEC I'm glad that these two teams played last night, bc if LSU played hellen keller's school for the blind the way they played last night, the SEC still would've suffered their first loss in 6 years...

Lee has had a great season so far this year and Jefferson was obviously not there to win. In all honesty, the one forward toss he had that was intercepted kinda looked like he threw it to him on purpose...now please don't think I saying that IS what he did, it just looked like it....

Les Miles lost that game for his team last night. He was out coached, and out smarted on every level. Alabama was ready for the option, that was obvious to everyone with eyes watching that game. What they struggle with is when a team goes outside the box of what they plan for. Georgia southern was a prime example. Alabama planned for a passing game, and GS ran all over them, literally. No one else has put stats close to theirs on alabama's defense this year.

It just goes back to the statement that on any day any team can beat any one. Prime example this year is boise st beating Georgia. Next year I'm sure there will be another great example.

I do hate hearing the people who say that the SEC is "handed" an automatic bid each year to the BSC national championship. That we schedule cupcake non-conference games every year. Fact is that the SEC went 6-3 (including a win and loss in the NC game), LSU played ranked teams from the PAC 12 and Big East who also won their bowl games against ranked teams, and with the addition of two quality schools in 2012, we have a team playing against a team from each of the major conferences before playing against each other. I really don't think there's a question to the fact that the top SEC earns its spot each and every year.

Return to “The Sports Bar”