Battery Replacement

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
maqueswell
Car: M35 Sport

To all...I misspoke..it's 3 year free replacement and 84 month pro-rated. Confirmed by Kelly at Gunn Infiniti. Oh and about the Sears battery it wasn't in stock for the M35 and waiting a couple of days wasn't an option.

When your car is at the dealer (taking advantage of the Platinum warranty) and they tell you that you have a bad cell (car stuck in garage for the weekend). You go looking around for better batteries and NONE are in stock for your car (Duralst and Sears) you're kinda stuck.

It's always like that when it comes to deals huh?

qship96
Car: 1996 Q45

I see your point, but paying $168 for the factory battery makes me sick, compared to whats available on the aftermarket.

Alphax
Car: 2006 Moonlight White M35 Sport

maqueswell wrote:To all...I misspoke..it's 3 year free replacement and 84 month pro-rated. Confirmed by Kelly at Gunn Infiniti. Oh and about the Sears battery it wasn't in stock for the M35 and waiting a couple of days wasn't an option.

When your car is at the dealer (taking advantage of the Platinum warranty) and they tell you that you have a bad cell (car stuck in garage for the weekend). You go looking around for better batteries and NONE are in stock for your car (Duralst and Sears) you're kinda stuck.

It's always like that when it comes to deals huh?
So true Maqueswell. Hey the point is its done and you dont have to worry about it anymore. Its a nice feeling to know its gonna start on the first try! And at least if it doesn't we are covered for the next 3 yrs.

maqueswell

Oh yeah...it was 27 degrees this morning, but 52 degrees in my garage! Started right up!

qship96 - the part that makes me sick is the battery cost $114, the frickin labor was $48.00...aaarrgghh.

anhandrew
Car: 2006 M35, 5K HID Headlight/Fogs, Body painted Grill, Lip Spoiler and Shark Fin

I just went to my local Sam's club a couple of weeks a go and got a interstate 24F. The book told me to get a 37r and it was way to big. I just sized it up to the exact size the factory one was and bought it. I did see a 36 that was real close in size.

After getting home I check with interstate batteries website and the 24F is what they recommend.

Works great.

Andrew

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

maqueswell wrote:Oh yeah...it was 27 degrees this morning, but 52 degrees in my garage! Started right up!

qship96 - the part that makes me sick is the battery cost $114, the frickin labor was $48.00...aaarrgghh.
When I had my battery replaced some years back, it was a free tow to the dealer, $90 (or so) for the pro-rated battery and free installation at Frontier Infiniti.

Z

maqueswell

szhosain wrote:
When I had my battery replaced some years back, it was a free tow to the dealer, $90 (or so) for the pro-rated battery and free installation at Frontier Infiniti.

Z
I wonder if it's still free in 2010?

Poirot
Car: 2007 Unbria/Bourbon M45 Sport

Just thought I would bring this up a little bit, seeing as it is winter, and I had to replace my battery today. The ol' girl just didn't have it in her to turn over. The fact that the rear j-hook is attached to the firewall is a major point that shouldn't be overlooked. I say that because I did, and it cost me an extra 5 - 10 minutes trying to figure out where it went. :facepalm: But I found it in the end. While I was in there I did a little dusting of the covering panels. The instructions were spot on. I did lose my seat and audio settings, but they were a breeze to set back. When she cranked, it was as if she couldn't wait to get rolling again. The first few miles she seemed a bit sluggish, but that soon faded from view when we hit the highway. My baby is back!!.....well at least till I put her in storage next week. :(

Poirot

M35 Sport
Car: Infiniti M35 Sport

I got this one, it will be a year next month. I'm satisfied.

http://www.interstatebatteries.com/cs_e ... 2147384879

JasonR
Car: 06 M45 Sport

I think it might be time for a new battery for me soon as I started my car and here in NJ its 25 degrees out any my car hesitated to start up today I think I might go with the Sears Platinum as other members have used

antzrus
Car: '06 M35x Premium/Obsidian/Bourbon/
Rosewood/XM/Tint/
ClearBra/SteelSkidPlate/Genuine CoCo Mats/Michelin CrossClimate2/Nav Hack/M-1

JasonR wrote:I think it might be time for a new battery for me soon as I started my car and here in NJ its 25 degrees out any my car hesitated to start up today I think I might go with the Sears Platinum as other members have used
Damn fine battery; but pricey.

SdotSdotS
Car: 2007 Infiniti M35 Sport

szh wrote:
maqueswell wrote:Oh yeah...it was 27 degrees this morning, but 52 degrees in my garage! Started right up!

Z
Same here at Infiniti of Coconut Creek

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

maqueswell wrote:
szhosain wrote:

Z
I wonder if it's still free in 2010?
This year, I needed another battery - the stock ones seem to last about 3 to 4 years. The cost was under $60 and free installation.

Z

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Didn't realize there was a general HowTo at the top of this thread.

Adding this to the FAQ thread.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”