Battery relocation to truck bed

1972-1979 Datsun 620 forums. All 620-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
hawaii_620
Car: 75 Datsun 620

I'm doing a battery relocation to the bed of my 620 and just wanted to get some feedback. Attached is the wire diagram that I came up with to do this job. Please, if anyone out there sees any flaws of points of concern with this plan please tell me as I wish not to have my truck burn to the ground.

Wire I'm using is 4 gage.

Why am I doing this? Because my original battery try was rusted to pieces and I'm doing this so I can drive my truck while I work on repairing that area of the engine bay. Also if I ever do a KA or SR20 swap, and also because it looks a lot cleaner on the inside of the engine bay too!

Thanks,
Kyle

PEZi
Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX Mitsubishi Racing Edition

I'm slightly confused by the fuses... other than that.. solid

this is my setup... except yours doesn't have/need the master disconnect

hawaii_620

Yeah, those were the fuses I had on hand. But I'm not to sure what fuses to run with though.

PEZi

take a look at a wiring diagram if you can, either from a chiltons/haynes/FSM

it'll tell you if and what type of fuses to use

hawaii_620

I have a Haynes manual so I'll take a look. So you aren't running any fuses inline with that setup? I've been looking up information on forums about other battery relocation setups (domestics/imports) and they usually mention running a fuse close to the battery. I guess in case of a accidental ground of the positive cable it will bust and help prevent a fire. But I'm not sure, because I also have come across just as much information about NOT running a fuse, hence my inquiry on this Nissan forum. What type of disconnect switch are you using?

PEZi

yeah.. there just really shouldn't be a need for running fuses like that

that's kinda what those stupid fusible links were made for

this on the other hand is the switch here

Return to “Datsun 620”