BartZ32tt's "Scavenger" build thread!

The Nissan 300ZX (Z32) general community discussion forum
bartZ32tt
Car: 1990 300zx twin turbo, 1996 7.3 powerstroke

Bought the orbital sander and went to town. Here's a mock-up, wanted to see if the metal fuel line I bent interferes with throttle cable cover's mounting bolts - it doesn't! Image
I must admit - pic does more justice than actual results. I just used an aggressive then medium disc to smooth out the exposed surfaces in preparation for powdercoat - didn't even worry about the bottom-side.

No pics, but I replaced the rubber fuel lines from the fuel pump with ethanol-compatible lines for future e85 plans. All lines are now 100% ethanol compatible! BTW, that was the WORST thing I have done to this car so far. I had to take the drivers seat out to give myself room to work, and it was still a complete whore of a job. I plan to weld AN fittings to the stock hardlines leaving the fuel pump and run my own braided lines all the way to the engine. But only if/when I have to swap out the fuel pump due to e85 (or failure).

Also finally swapped out the old tt high psi power steering line in favor of the brand new n/a one (deleted HICAS) and relocated the PTU. Image
Modified the bracket a bit. Can't find my damn PTU subharness in my collection of parts (I know it's somewhere) so if anyone has a spare in great shape they'd sell me for cheap, that'd be solid. Otherwise I'll just solder my near-new connectors to the old subharness.

Having a hard time deciding on color scheme. Chrome looks good with red but is so overdone. I want to be original but keep it classy. I'm thinking metallic gold (maybe bronze) with white/color-matched red accents since I plan to eventually get gold or white wheels. Here's the gold color I'm considering: Image

May start a new thread on that. Thoughts?
Last edited by bartZ32tt on Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

potacka
Car: 1991 NA

I have a new PTU sub harness. If you are interested shoot me a Pm.

Adam

potacka

Got your pm, I can't pm back. Can you send me your email?

bartZ32tt

No prob - it's my username @ yahoo.com

Welcome to NICOclub btw - you should make an intro post.

potacka

Thanks for the welcome, just emailed you.

bartZ32tt

Well, I bought a welder so progress has been a tad slow lol. Got it for a deal I couldn't pass up.

For now I plan to weld: a welding cart, a Ramey Z inspired load leveler (not for resale, just my personal use), plug unused metal vacuum lines, maybe -AN fittings, and maybe fender braces. Might also plug some holes in the engine bay. After I get a spool gun and some argon, I'll be able to weld aluminum - even more possibilities. Not sure if I'm set up for high current stuff yet (stainless steel) but if I am, I have a few other things planned too.

I got impatient and decided to solder my nearly new connectors from old Z into new Z's PTU subharness.

Always, always use heat shrink tubing and get a good solder joint: Image

All packed up with di-electric grease and ready to go:

Routed my ebc vacuum line and wiring harness:

All tucked away:

Actuator solenoid will be nicely hidden under the battery tray:

Cut out battery tray from old Z:

Sprayed with rust reformer:

Return to “300ZX (Z32) General”