Bad water spots!!

From wax to washes, the Detailing Forum should be used for questions and ideas concerning exterior and interior cleaning and appearance
55Nick15
Car: 1995 nissan 240sx

So i recently bought a 95' 240sx. Love the thing but its got some nasty hard water spots on all the windows but the windshield (had it replaced)

I tried the vinegar and water trick. I tried clay barring it and then using a glass cleaner but nothing i do is getting them off. Is there any hope or do i just need to buy new windows? thanks!!

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Cheapest option would be a powdered household cleaner called Bon-Ami.

Here's a link to additional info, tips and product recommendations: Glass Cleaning Facts & Tips.

55Nick15
Car: 1995 nissan 240sx

Okay so I tried the stove too glass cleaner idea. Twice. Here's what I used...

I started on the left and rubbed that in. Wiped with damp cloth. Used the glass cleaner. Then I tried the one in the middle. Same process. Wiped with glass cleaner. Still have water spots. Here's pics after the glass cleaner got wiped off.

This area is before stove top cleaner.

Here's after.

I had a buddy that does auto detailing and body work that recommended 0000 steel wool, soap, and water. Gonna get some of that and try it out in an hour.

chicagoautopros

Try Ceriglass Glass Polish. Car pro makes it. you can get glass polishing pads if you have a DA machine too. They will come out with a little work.

http://www.detailedimage.com/CarPro-M53 ... aQodqrIAfg

95maxrider
Car: 1996 Infiniti I30, 1988 BMW 528e

55Nick15 wrote:
I had a buddy that does auto detailing and body work that recommended 0000 steel wool, soap, and water. Gonna get some of that and try it out in an hour.
I'm curious to see the results of the steel wool, did you ever try that out?

SoundEfx

I saw a commercial for a mother's glass polisher or something like that.
Mother's is a good brand so you might want to give them a try.

nchopp
Car: 2007 BMW M6
2002 Infiniti Q45
2005 Infiniti QX56

I swear by CarPro Spotless. Even works on that horrid sprinkler system water spotting.

http://www.detailedimage.com/CarPro-M53 ... 500-ml-S1/

If that doesn't work, CarPro CeriGlass is an option, but it is a royal PAIN to work with. Gotta keep it wet, it's only effective with a rotary buffer or a Flex, and you have to tape off\cover EVERYTHING around the window. You're typcially better off trying to use a compound and pad (Meguiar's D300 and a Microfiber Cutting Disc work great).

NicoLoco

will try to check out these suggestions too

Michael370Z
Car: Nissan 370Z

I use the water spot remover by Gtechniq. It is a chemical acid based remover that is also safe to use on body paint and even on ceramic coatings. You only need to wear hand gloves for protection and rinse with water within 2-3 minutes of application.

Return to “Detailing Forum”