Bad tool rental policy @ Oreillys auto parts

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
Sleeper s13
Car: road racing

I went to oreillys to pick up a spring compressor for my car and was told that i could pay an $80 deposite and take the tool and return it in 48 hrs then they would give me a refund. I asked them if they would take a check and they said no problem. Now i work at lowes and when we take a check for deposite on $5000 insulation blowers we never deposite it, just hold it unless the merchandise doesnt come back. Thats what i thought they would do. The next day i realized i had gotten the wrong kind of spring compressor and needed a macpherson strut/spring compressor so i went back to return the other to oreillys for my deposite. They said that i could not have my deposite back because they had already deposited the check and it hasnt cleared yet. they also said that it wouldnt for 10 to 12 days and i asked them what was i supposed to do when the 48hrs were up, just give them back the tool and not get my money. they said that i could hold onto it until the check cleared but i told them that if that check doesnt clear then i still have your tool so your no protecting yourself from much by not giving me my deposite back (by the way i have never bounced a check in my life). They totaly need to rethink their policy and i would not recomend going to them, at least not for their customer service. I will probably get my money back by about the time i get my next paycheck. Not much Help

driftaholic
Car: reading nico

:fruit <--- oreilly's

corn322
Car: 1993 240sx

they also charge a lot for stuff to. I went there to rent a steering wheel puller. they wanted like $79 for one. I went to autozone down the street. got one for $15. today I called seeing if they had a compression tester for rent. $160-something bucks. I called autozone, I could buy one for $40.

Rockenreno
Car: 1997 BMW M3

lol @ corn's profile

(sorry to jack the thread, continue your Oreilly bashing)

Return to “240sx General Discussion”