B16 Sentra Hesitation/bogging/LOP Sign-up Sheet

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
SER Wes
Car: 09 Sentra SER

Ok so i have seen one thread about it here recently, and i am sure there are many more that might be having the problem and do not know what to do about it. Well here is your chance to something...

Is your B16 sentra having random losses of power/hesitation/bogging? Well you are not alone. Currently there is 30+ members on a sign-up sheet on another forum that are having this problem, and numerous others that have posted around the web looking for an answer. Well there has been much discussion and many tests and still no definite answer. It is getting to the point that ppl are starting to want to sell their cars over it and it is time that Nissan hears about it.

This is a sign-up sheet for if you are having the problem. No one has yet done any legal action but many have gone to dealers and spoken with Nissan help line and such, and it is good for them to be able to point to a large list of ppl having the issue. This way maybe the B16s will be taken seriously and Nissan will not paint over it like they did the B15 precat breakup issue. So far most of the issues that have been reported have been with Spec-v's, but there have been a few SER's and 2.0's. If you are having the issue and still have warranty then by all means GO TO YOUR DEALER AND DEMAND ACTION. Every little report helps the case.

Here is the sign up format. Just post your info here, and i will add you to the main list on the other site.

Full Name; Year; Trim Level; Location; Fuel Used; Mileage; Problem

Example:
Lance Burnett; 2010; Spec V; Tuttle, Ok; 91 Octane; 3,200; Loss of horsepower and mpg. Problem noticed by surging and hesitation.

Any questions or discussion is also encouraged to be done here. There have been 32+ pages on the other site and more are being added daily. I can go into detail of what has been tried and what has happened if anyone wants me too. I myself have not had the issue(i have an SER), but it seems to get worse with millage so i am proactive ;) .

Post up and lets have some discussion :mike

rockstarking
Car: 2008 Sentra SER Spec V

Matt Stephens 2008 SER SPEC V; Nashville Tennessee; 93 octane (they sell 91 ?); 57223 mi (ive had the car for 2000 exactly); extreme temperatures under hood, popping (fixed by spacing rear of hood up 1/4"); bogging/hesitation/jumping sometimes on gear changes at any rpm up through 3rd gear. persistently getting worse with mileage. occasional extreme surges even without gas pressed (when shifting ans very slowly letting out clutch) and some surging even with slow, gentle acceleration.

perhaps this has to do with the electronic controls?

07BlackedOut
Car: 2007 Spec V

Matt, I have added you to the list.

Right now, we are leaning toward a knock sensor issue, similar to the issue the 02-03 Spec V's had.
We have a few people who have relocated the sensor in the same way as the older models.
So far so good, but we are continuing research and testing before jumping to conclusions.

bakerboard
Car: 2007 Sentra 2.0S

this deserves a sticky imo

SER Wes

Bump

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

bakerboard wrote:this deserves a sticky imo
Anyone else think so? I can do it, but I'll probably take one out in the process (maybe the "don't post for sale threads here" sticky). Let me know!

SER Wes

PapaSmurf2k3 wrote:
bakerboard wrote:this deserves a sticky imo
Anyone else think so? I can do it, but I'll probably take one out in the process (maybe the "don't post for sale threads here" sticky). Let me know!
I mean i think it is a good idea, but there has only been one person to add their name to the list so ya know. I will bump it periodically if you want to wait and see if more will add before you do ;)

throwedab
Car: 07 Sentra SE-R Spec V

Alexanderr Bost 2007; Spec V;, Ok; 93 Octane; 3,200; Loss of horsepower and mpg. Problem noticed by surging and hesitation. Has happened maybe 4 or 5 times

SER Wes

throwedab wrote:Alexanderr Bost 2007; Spec V;, Ok; 93 Octane; 3,200; Loss of horsepower and mpg. Problem noticed by surging and hesitation. Has happened maybe 4 or 5 times
*Added*

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

Honestly, we might be better off just bumping it periodically, I know a lot of people don't always look at the stickies. If you feel like you might forget, or if you're going away for a little while, let me know and I'll sticky it.

SER Wes

bump for periodicity

TheITsimon
Car: Nissan Sentra 2009 2.0 Manual
Fujita Cold Air Intake

me too, added a CAI and as mentioned earlier did not fully correct the issue

Mdb16SpecV
Car: 2007 Sentra Ser Spec V
I/H/E, springs, sound
Daily Queen- "Stella"

i just registered with a new username ive been here a couple years but over on allsentra one of the guys removed the knock sensor on the back of the engine black dynamatted it and reinstalled it, i did not believe it until i did it and now i've noticed a difference i'll paste the link here. i'm surprised 07Blackdout didnt do this earlier as his knowledge is far greater then mine of this car.
http://allsentra.com/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=4122

SER Wes

^^^ Yes that is the only thing that appear to "fix" the problem. Ppl in the beginning did it by just relocating the sensor all together with a towel around it, but some said that it still happened, just less. I have not seen anyone that use dynomat and put it back on post saying it still happening. It may be the illiget fix everyone's been looking for. If the first person that did it would not have made such a fuss about it, more ppl would have done it months ago.

O and AS is considered a competing forum and links and references are not allowed here, or me or tonez would have done it in the first place. The one you put will probably disappear soon.

Mdb16SpecV
I/H/E, springs, sound
Daily Queen- "Stella"

Ahh I see I was not aware that forums are so competative. So basically there would not be a problem if I copy the pictures and started a thread here as long as it doesn't link to AS. And serWes I do remember you from there as well and I do like your car so please don't think I am starting anything, however if the mods delete this, nicoclub isn't what it used to be back when I had a Fairlady. It was always just in the interest for finding out problems and information on our car. The site was just a domain that's all. Did not think it got that political just yet.whatever the outcome if you would like another on that list I will join up because it has happened to me a lot before I started fooling around with the sensor. Everyone have a great holiday and drive safe :-) :chuckle:

SER Wes

Mdb16SpecV wrote:Ahh I see I was not aware that forums are so competative. So basically there would not be a problem if I copy the pictures and started a thread here as long as it doesn't link to AS. And serWes I do remember you from there as well and I do like your car so please don't think I am starting anything, however if the mods delete this, nicoclub isn't what it used to be back when I had a Fairlady. It was always just in the interest for finding out problems and information on our car. The site was just a domain that's all. Did not think it got that political just yet.whatever the outcome if you would like another on that list I will join up because it has happened to me a lot before I started fooling around with the sensor. Everyone have a great holiday and drive safe :-) :chuckle:
No i wanted to post a link in the first place, but have gotten in trouble for that kind of thing before and just wanted to let you know what was up. This is the only place i have found with rules like this. Dont think you made me angry in any way lol

But it is what it is. I just check in here for time to time to help lost souls when i can. In order to keep ppl from thinking that the sentra is a lost cause(ppl post topics and either get vague answers or non at all). I started this thread thinking more ppl on here had the problem, but it turns out not. I have kind of let it die regrettably.

Mdb16SpecV
I/H/E, springs, sound
Daily Queen- "Stella"

ahh i gotcha alright well coolio :bigthumb:

jspecv

I wouldn't spend time over at that other site if I were you. They have a few good members that actually care about the community, and the main admin is a really good guy, but the moderating staff is ban happy if they don't like you, and the rest of the group bands together to gang up on members who don't put up with s***.

SER Wes

jspecv wrote:I wouldn't spend time over at that other site if I were you. They have a few good members that actually care about the community, and the main admin is a really good guy, but the moderating staff is ban happy if they don't like you, and the rest of the group bands together to gang up on members who don't put up with bullsh*t.
Well all this is completely off topic, but i will address it anyway lol.

I agree that it has been abnormally clickish there lately, but only 2 ppl that i know of have been banned it the history of the site, so ya know. You have to really be a d!ck to get in trouble at all.

jspecv

You don't have to be a d!ck at all. All you have to do is not be best friends with one of the mods and they will ban you on a whim. Especially since they gave all moderators ban powers.

Doesn't really sound like a site that a small community should support.

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”