B&M Shifters-overstock sale-$125 shipped

Look here for specials on Nissan parts, accessories or modifications, or tell our sponsors what you are looking for!
TurboKA37

same here. but if they keep on saying it will be in the following week how do we know they are telling the truth when they say the 17th?

corn322
Car: 1993 240sx

we should all drive to the B&M place and throw our stock shifters at them

Y2KSESteve

Well all I can really do is pass on the word I get from my rep @ B&M. It is pretty frustrating that PDM has a few of these and I'm being told they still aren't out. If anything does change I will update this thread as soon as I find out.

TurboKA37

Y2KSESteve wrote:Well all I can really do is pass on the word I get from my rep @ B&M. It is pretty frustrating that PDM has a few of these and I'm being told they still aren't out. If anything does change I will update this thread as soon as I find out.

the reason pdm has them is prolly because they were one of the people that tested the new design of the shifters

xns
Car: Computers and cars

edit

xyster
Car: '00 Prelude

edit

Repo Man
Car: 2020 Frontier Pro4X
2003 Honda Accord

Guys,

I know you're all frustrated, I would be too, but please keep this civil on the boards. Thanks.

repo

xyster

I think those posts were civil enough. This forum is all about sharing info and helping each other, right? So why edit xns' post about PDM having shifters available, and shipping them quickly? Because they're not a sponsor? Why edit the part about me not getting my refund yet, 4 days after I cancelled? It seems to me that people should know how SWA does business.

(this all sounds familiar, like I've seen it before...)

Y2KSESteve

Xyster if you could E-mail me with your name I'll find out why your refund is taking so long. sales@southwestautoworks.com

xyster

sent.

Fenvy
Car: 2005 350Z Base 6MT

I am very disappointed how SWA is doing business. I made a payment of $182 via PayPal with a verified account with confirmed shipping address on 4/22/2004. I called in early May to check on status, each week was the same reply: next week, next week. On 5/24/2004 I called in to request a refund, at first a lady, I think by the name of Jess say it will be done by next day: nothing. On 5/26/2004 I called in again, someone else said refund will be issued by 5/28/2004 and still nothing. I called in again today 6/02/2004 and Steve said tomorrow it will be done.

I originally bought the short shifter from SWA because of what people have been saying but from the looks of it they certainly don't live up to their name. I think NICO administrators should help us resolve the problem, since SWA is listed as a sponsor, or at least remove SWA from sponsors list to prevent the same problem from happening until SWA's lack of management can be proven resolved.

SWA has lost my business and I would recommend others NOT to do business with them. First it was Alex, the contact who disappears after getting our money, no assurance notice was taken. Then the back order, the least they could do is to inform us, the customers, that our order can not be fulfilled. Third it was the refund that took over 5 business days to process. If you are reading this, get my drift, don¡¦t buy from SWA, aka MotorWeb, aka SportCompact unless you want to be scammed.

xyster

Though I wouldn't yet go so far as to say I was "scammed", I too am VERY disappointed in SWA. I ordered my shifter on 4-23-04, and my credit card was charged immediately...long before anything was shipped. In fact, my card was charged before SWA even had the parts in stock. After a few phone calls, and several posts on here, I got fed up. I cancelled my order on 5-24-04 as well, and still haven't gotten a refund. Steve has promised me twice that it will be processed immediately, but I have yet to see it.

I agree with Loveless on another point: NICO admins should definitely rethink listing SWA as a sponsor.Personally, I will never order from SWA again. I'd much rather pay 10% more, and buy from a reputable company that knows how to handle customer service.

TurboKA37

thats kind of scaring me if you guys haven't received your refunds yet. i think i'll have to give SWA a call and see what is going on

deCksy

well i got my refund awhile ago... so lets not get crazy guys... it took i believe 4 days

GrubyFngaz
Car: 2001 Infiniti QX4

I asked for a refund as well, the day that he told us it would be June before he got them in and I haven't received my credit card bill yet, so I hope that I have received my refund. I won't know until I receive the statement.JoshP.S. I agree with the other two posts, NICO definetly needs to rethink about putting their banner on our forums as a sponsor. We have not had one positive part in this whole process with SWA.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

GrubyFngaz wrote:P.S. I agree with the other two posts, NICO definetly needs to rethink about putting their banner on our forums as a sponsor. We have not had one positive part in this whole process with SWA.

In the interest of fairness:

This is the only time we had any trouble with them.They have been supplying the Infiniti side of NICO with Togico Blues for our big Infiniti's for a year and a half now.Great prices+ good service.

Which is why I think, this will be a one time problem.

Fred..:)

GrubyFngaz

I understand, and as long as I have got my refund I don't care. I personally will just choose to take my business elsewhere from now on. But Palmer I understand and can agree with what you're saying.Josh

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

All concerned:

Your Admin team is taking this serious.Even though historically SWA has beed good to NICO, today your Admin Greg visited SWA personally and met with the owner to discuss this very issue.

Fred...

Fenvy

I spoke to Steve again today; he referred me to SWA¡¦s accountant, whom I verbally requested my $182 refund. She said she would refund me by paypal but I have a business paypal account so I would be charged for the 3%, meaning I would only get about $176 back. In her very words she said, ¡§Well yeah, we¡¦ve also been charged 3% so¡K¡¨ indicating that she won¡¦t compensate me for the full refund I deserve. Again SWA does nothing to recuperate for their faults.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

PalmerWMD wrote:All concerned:

Your Admin team is taking this serious.Even though historically SWA has beed good to NICO, today your Admin Greg visited SWA personally and met with the owner to discuss this very issue.

Fred...

I spent quite a bit of time today speaking with the owner about this matter - He takes this VERY seriously and wishes to make it right for you guys.

If you will email me your concerns, I will pass them on to him 'en masse'. Don't go asking for anything crazy, just stste your case and what you need to be made whole. I will present all requests to the owner myself late next week.

Fair enough?

GrubyFngaz

Sounds good to me, thanks for the help. It's nice to know that someone is sticking up for NICO. I hope I get my cc bill by then to make sure I have received my refund. Thanks.Josh

xyster

I finally received my refund last night.

Fenvy

1) No, I am not blaming alex at all but I expected SWA to let us ,who made payments, know the fact that "alex is no longer with the company" and your new swa contact is "_________" That never happened. Many of us on the other thread, too, were concern what's going to happen with their payment; or more alarmingly, what¡¦s going to happen with the credit card number and personal info?

2) Again I must repeat this part, SWA never bothered to let us know there will be a back order. When I inquired about the status it was always next week, next week which ultimately lead to 30 days and beyond. Paypal charge 3% on recipient¡¦s account but if it was refunded within 30 days the 3% was refunded as well. Having a eBay power seller account and paypal business account, I¡¦m well aware of this so I¡¦ve asked whether the item in regard will be in for sure? If not I would like a refund. A mistake I¡¦ve made is letting the guy talked me into refund at that time since he assured me that the item will be in by ¡§next week¡¨. Had I requested a refund within 30 days it wouldn¡¦t made a difference because it literally took me over 5 business days to talk to someone who¡¦s actually in charge of the paypal account. Meaning you¡¦re ****ed either way.

3) I would like to argue that I should be refunded a full $182 because it¡¦s not my fault that they can¡¦t get their item in stock, if they don¡¦t have it refund the money! Don¡¦t tell me it¡¦s coming next week next week next week. At this point it looks like this is what I have lost: $182 + $6 + 30 days + my time and effort in talking to them over the phone + long distance phone bill + more time spent warning others of their foul business ethics. How much does that worth to you? I bet every one of you would rather spend another $20 instead of going through what I went through. But, I just want to get my money back at this point, the $6 is a forfeit on my end but hopefully, SWA will lose a lot more money by my story.

4) I am glad that NICO administrator is taking some action in an effort to resolve the matter that¡¦s trouble NICO members.

TurboKA37

all i want is the shifter. the only part that i was unhappy about is the fact that ive been clueless to whats been going on. i dont mind the delay but they should have kept us up to date with post in this thread.

180crafter
Car: Nissan 240sx

Hey. I jumped on this deal awhile ago, and have been quietly following along with the downward spiral of this thread. I have paid, patiently waited, and been just as clueless as most.

All I really care about it receiving the SS, and having an estimated Delivery date just so I know when the UPS guy will stop by.

If we are going to be refunded and this GB cancelled, I would like to know.

I know that sht happens, and I am willing to let this run its course. Thank you for those who have kept us in the loop, and hopefully all actions wil be listed on the boards to help keep us that have paid and are patiently waiting.

IlIkEmYz
Car: 06 Z

i have waited as well, and i did not mind

but i think im going to cancel my order as well, cause all this time gave me time to think that i don't really need this short shifter.

in a way for me waiting this long gave me more time to reflect if i need the short shifter that's $182.

i think im might go with undergrounds offer. it fits my needs more.

Cheaper, and i heard good things about the meagan racing short shifter.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Loveless wrote:I am glad that NICO administrator is taking some action in an effort to resolve the matter that¡¦s trouble NICO members.

Oh good Lord. I'll send you $6 if it'll make you feel any better.

The staff at SWA had no idea they needed to keep up with the boards here - Alex did much of this on his own time, as a favor to you guys.

Steve and the crew at SWA / SCO are good people and don't need to be dragged through the mud because you're out $6.

BTW, they have established a "drop dead" date - If B&M doesn't deliver by that date, they are refunding ALL the orders. Call Steve for more info.

Y2KSESteve

Yes, if B&M does not have these shifters shipped out by the 17th, I will end this GD and begin refunding everyone their money. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Steve

IlIkEmYz
Car: 06 Z

hey steve i called swa yesterday and chick said she would get the refund done

i checked my paypal account and it has not been done.my email is

shogen316@hotmail.com last name is pangThanks in advance

kingkong8247
Car: Black coupe

Just to chime in I cancelled my order when Steve said they would not get them in until June 17th or whatever it was and I stopped looking at this thread. Well I called them up talked to Steve and all and I recieved my refund like 2 days later so Just to give them a little help

Return to “Advertisers' Marketplace!”