Auto-xing and road racing my 1996 Infiniti I30!

All over the world, Nissan products are involved in road racing, track days, time attack and autocross.
95maxrider
Car: 1996 Infiniti I30, 1988 BMW 528e

Hi everyone, I'm new here, but I'm not new to Nissans!

My name is Nick, and I've owned Nissans for the last 15 years or so. I first got a 1995 Maxima (automatic) when I was in high school, but sold it after two years to pick up a stick shift 1996 Infiniti I30, which I've had ever since. I started out doing drag racing, but later moved on to auto-x and road racing. As such, the car has been heavily modified to be as competitive as possible for a 20 year old FWD family sedan. I have chronicled my recent modding efforts in my build thread on Maxima.org (my home for the last 14 years). Here are some pics!

Custom fender braces:

After a day of auto-x:

Oil and power steering coolers installed

Wilwood 12.9" BBK

Interior:

Home made alcantara door panels:

Quaife being installed

Racing!

And finally, a 3.5 from a 2002 Maxima installed!

Due to my welded on subframe connectors and fender braces, my car is classed in EP for Solo auto-x. Since there are no other EP guys in the DC area, I decided to play in the unlimited XP class with all the Cobras. I occasionally beat one or two of them, but I'm hoping to do even better this year with the 3.5 installed, along with other supporting mods. You can check out my past results, pics, and videos (road racing included) over in my thread on Maxima.org http://maxima.org/forums/autocrossing-r ... sults.html. I'll keep you posted on my 2015 results!

95maxrider

This forum is dead :(

B13Birk
Car: 1993 Sentra Se-R NeoVVL
1969 Datsun 1600 Roadster
1979 Datsun 210 Wagon

Hey man! I know this is an old post. But just wanted to say that this car is amazing! Sorry you never got a response back in 15. Great car. Would love to see more info about it. I spend a lot of my time on the grassrootsmotorsports page. If you still have this car you should hop over there. People would really love this setup. Cheers.

95maxrider

B13Birk wrote:Hey man! I know this is an old post. But just wanted to say that this car is amazing! Sorry you never got a response back in 15. Great car. Would love to see more info about it. I spend a lot of my time on the grassrootsmotorsports page. If you still have this car you should hop over there. People would really love this setup. Cheers.
Thank you very much! I just got done doing a lot of work after letting the car sit for a year while I worked on my rally-x M3. The M3, which has some rather wild stuff at this point, can be found on my GRM build thread here:

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum ... 043/page1/

The I30 has a very long build thread over on Maxima.org here:

https://maxima.org/forums/members-rides ... ead-9.html

Maybe I'll make a build thread for the I30 over there too!

Return to “Nissan Road Racing / Auto X Forum”