Auto-Tech Interiors/ ATI Project CUBE

Home of the Nissan Cube forum and CubeDriver.com
Team ATI

As for the grille we want to make we provide products that Cube owners want. So please feel free to share your honest opinion on the Grille.

Also, ATI has the ability to make virtually anything from plastic. If there is anything out there that fellow Cube owners want to see made, please feel free to let us know.

Thanks!!

damian666robin
Car: 2009 nissan cube

my personal thought is maybe a grill that involves cubes kinda like the nissan grill that haves square shapes all over it.but adding your own touch maybe like keeping that frame around it like the one above.i think that will be a good alternative for those who want that kind of grille but they cant afford the nissan oem one since its a bit pricey.i also pictured a grill with a cut off for a pair of fog lights on each side and in the center maybe have the CUBE word embossed in the grill

either one of those i think it will really turn heads

ESP
Car: 2008 SexyBlack A/C

Oooohh, I LOVE the idea of a grille with placement for fog lights!

I agree with damian666robin that any potential grill needs to keep the "cube" theme going. The cube isn't a normal looking vehicle, therefore I feel any aftermarket cosmetic mods need to be equally quirky.

That being said, I'm going to throw out a million and one "thank yous" to ATI for taking the initiative to help build the aftermarket scene for the cubes. I tend to be pretty brand loyal, and the companies that take a chance on new, odd vehicles like this will certainly get my business!

Team ATI wrote:Failed to "QUOTE"; to Kromcube "Can you get some pics up with the strut in?"

Sure no problem...we were guessing struts were in reference to the suspension?
I believe Kromcube was talking about the strut tower bar...

On that note, does anyone know if there's room for a c-pillar bar in the cubes?

KromCube
Car: 2009 Nissan Cube Krom

Yeah Im sorry for the misinformation. I meant the Strut Tower

ViolentRunning13

I think the way the grill and head lights meet are too straight. Feels like it needs some curve to it some how. Maybe if it was color matched it would look better?

1HoTcUbE
Car: 09 Cube

Team ATI wrote:As for the grille we want to make we provide products that Cube owners want. So please feel free to share your honest opinion on the Grille.

Also, ATI has the ability to make virtually anything from plastic. If there is anything out there that fellow Cube owners want to see made, please feel free to let us know.

Thanks!!
Can you make the impul grill?

Please say yes!

Team ATI

damian666robin wrote:my personal thought is maybe a grill that involves cubes kinda like the nissan grill that haves square shapes all over it.but adding your own touch maybe like keeping that frame around it like the one above.i think that will be a good alternative for those who want that kind of grille but they cant afford the nissan oem one since its a bit pricey.i also pictured a grill with a cut off for a pair of fog lights on each side and in the center maybe have the CUBE word embossed in the grill

either one of those i think it will really turn heads
Thank you for the ideas. With the different designs, the ultimate goal is to offer a high quality, desirable product at a reasonable price. So it is important that we mass produce these items to keep the price down (basically the more we make, the cheaper it gets).

Same goes for the integrated fog light idea, which is an awesome idea by the way. In a perfect scenario, we would love to provide fog lights with the grille, but due to the nature of our business, selecting this route will be expensive. The next best things is to make a grille with slots for them; however, choosing this route would require the need to decide on which brand, style, type, size etc. of fog light most Cube owners would use. Then, we would be able to create a perfect fitment (oval, 60mm round, 52mm round etc.).

Any fog light manufactures out there looking to jump on a project?

Team ATI

ESP wrote:Oooohh, I LOVE the idea of a grille with placement for fog lights!

I agree with damian666robin that any potential grill needs to keep the "cube" theme going. The cube isn't a normal looking vehicle, therefore I feel any aftermarket cosmetic mods need to be equally quirky.

That being said, I'm going to throw out a million and one "thank yous" to ATI for taking the initiative to help build the aftermarket scene for the cubes. I tend to be pretty brand loyal, and the companies that take a chance on new, odd vehicles like this will certainly get my business!

I believe Kromcube was talking about the strut tower bar...

On that note, does anyone know if there's room for a c-pillar bar in the cubes?
Awesome, we will definitely look into that idea. Hopefully we can find a common brand who we can work with.

Thank you!!!

Team ATI

KromCube wrote:Yeah Im sorry for the misinformation. I meant the Strut Tower
Cool, no worries, we will try to get a few pics up of the strut bar in a few days...stay tuned. Thanks!

Team ATI

1HoTcUbE wrote:
Can you make the impul grill?

Please say yes!
Many times, offering a specific product style is based off consumer demand.

On the flipside, with all due respect, we are unable to produce an "Impul Grille".

We will certainly keep an eye out for the styles everyone is looking for. T

ESP
Car: 2008 SexyBlack A/C

Way to go ATI! Thanks for all the responses!

Just out of curiosity, what are the limitations with regards to grille design? I understand why fog lights are an issue, but what about the Impul grille? Is that a copyright issue, or something physical? I'll talk to some of my design buddies (who own cubes and are just getting into modding thanks to me, haha) and see what we can come up with.

damian666robin

yeah making an exact copy of the impul can get ATI in troubleremember thats why the sport compact world is floded with stuff named "EVO" 1 2 3 4 5 and i think all way to evo 100 i freaking hate when they do that evo bumper evo spoiler evo toilet evo woofer lol!!!!!!!!

they will have to make the grill some way diferent as long as is not a 100% equal then they should be fine

Team ATI

ESP wrote:Way to go ATI! Thanks for all the responses!

Just out of curiosity, what are the limitations with regards to grille design? I understand why fog lights are an issue, but what about the Impul grille? Is that a copyright issue, or something physical? I'll talk to some of my design buddies (who own cubes and are just getting into modding thanks to me, haha) and see what we can come up with.
Hi, we are definitely happy to help support fellow Cube owners and do our best to reply as quickly and as accurately as possible.

As for the Impul Grille, damian666robin is right on point. As always, we want to make products Cube owners want and can afford, but at the same time, be innovators vs. imitators

Other than that, our design choice is open, as long as we can make the part affordable

elDizzle_foShizzle
Car: 09 Cube 1.8SL

Team ATI wrote:As for the grille we want to make we provide products that Cube owners want. So please feel free to share your honest opinion on the Grille.

Thanks!!
not feelin the grill here. i like the mesh like the rest of them, but this seems unfinished somehow. as said earlier, maybe if it had a curve to its face to match the surface of the headlights, it might do the trick.

how 'bout a simple rounded-edge square, with the mesh set in? maybe have a mount for the nissan emblem , so it's prominent? just my .02.

Team ATI

elDizzle_foShizzle wrote:
not feelin the grill here. i like the mesh like the rest of them, but this seems unfinished somehow. as said earlier, maybe if it had a curve to its face to match the surface of the headlights, it might do the trick.

how 'bout a simple rounded-edge square, with the mesh set in? maybe have a mount for the nissan emblem , so it's prominent? just my .02.
Cool, thanks for the input. Luckily, the grille pictured is a prototype and changes can be made. Everyone's opinion is very valuable and we will use them to decide on a final design.

Thanks again!!

1HoTcUbE

Dang,

I want something like the impul..i guess ill have to buy the real deal..

Team ATI

We're back with yet another update!!

Part IV:

Wet Okole seat covers, exceeding expectation by providing an awesome product for the active or everyday lifestyle!!

Before we get started, I am sure many are wondering what in the world is okole ? Well, it’s a Hawaiian term for Buttocks, rear end, Butt; however you wanna put it, and protecting your Cube’s Seats from any un-natural elements is exactly what Wet Okole Seat Covers are designed to do.

What we loved:-Waterproof and great for after the beach, snowboard/ ski session or spilling Hawaiian fruit punch -Custom colors: to match our steel grey Cube, we selected black with grey tubing.

Tight fit for each individual/ separate component of the seat, including the arm rest.

-Custom Graphics: Just one more step towards personalizing your Cube-Engineered to fit: Not just a universal Seat cover, but one designed specifically for the Cube

Front/ Rear seats engineered for the CUBE, exposing seat belt buckle, seat latches and even fastening post.

-Easy DIY installation: Did not have to remove any seats. The most difficult part was running the straps under the rear seats. Aside from that, no problem!!-Need more info, check out: http://www.wetokole.com/

ATI Water Proof seat covers, by WET OKOLE

Next....deep dish, 3 piece, black chrome and a whole lot of style..stay tuned
Modified by Team ATI at 7:48 PM 10/8/2009

damian666robin

hey!! i missed this i think they look really nicewhile i still have much second thoughts to replace my oem seats for bride seats, i think this seats covers can be a great alternative

very nice guys

Team ATI

Part V: Hello everyone, the wheels recently arrived from SSR Japan and did they look sick. Much thanks to More Japan (A division of Tanabe USA Inc; http://www.more-japan.com) for the support with the wheels!!

Since 1971, SSR has been manufacturing wheels (that’s almost 40 years!!) and has always focused on quality control.

Many do not realize that Japanese Government uses manufacturing standards to assure quality and safety in every wheel. SSR has dedicated itself to exceeding this standard and has each and every wheel, embossed with the JWL (Japan Light Allow Wheel) and VIA (Vehicle Inspection Association) certificates.

Safety first…..make sure its embossed

It is great to know that there are associations out there who look out for public safety. So when selecting wheels for your Cube or any vehicle for that matter, there is nothing wrong with doing research for safety sake. Definitely pays off to spend a little more for peace of mind.

Soon to be wrapped in Falken Tires’ NEW OEM replacement line up (On display at SEMA)

Did you know, SSR was the first to manufacture the three piece wheel? Thanks SSR!

**NOTE: AT SEMA only, Wheels will be wrapped in a brand new line of OEM replacement tires by Falken tire. Later to be swapped with Low Profile tires by Falken.

Modified by Team ATI at 4:17 PM 10/20/2009

Modified by Team ATI at 4:21 PM 10/20/2009
Modified by Team ATI at 9:54 AM 10/26/2009

phreakanimal

YES for amazing SSR wheels.

Great choice in 16". Will look great with the slammed Tein coilovers!

Team ATI

Part VI:

We are certainly one of the millions who suffer from rack envy…we checked out http://www.yakima.com and quickly found a cure

Yakima’s prescription:- Q Towers (pt # 8000124) a solid foundation for transporting necessities for our active ways.- 58” Cross Bars (pt# 8000409) to provide load support from front to back.- Q31 Clips (pt# 8000631)- High Roller Bike rack to comfortably transport our K2 ZED 4.0 Hardtail Mountain Bike.- FAT CAT 4 w/ Locks four our Ride snowboard.- The Load Warrior and Load Warrior Stretch Net for everything else!!!- 50” Fairing providing aero dynamics and killing the occasional whistle caused by wind.

Thank you Yakima for the support and helping Cube owners find a cure for “Rack Envy”.

Team ATI

VII: Audio

A key ingredient to supporting the active lifestyle is acquiring navigation and quality audio, at a reasonable price.

JVC mobile (http://mobile.jvc.com/) had the experience to not only meet our demand, but also come up with a set up specifically designed for the Cube’s interior.

For navigation and audio management, the Arsenal Series was selected b, KW-NT1Navigation Receiver. We were very impressed with its user friendly, detachable, 6.1 inch widescreen touch panel and its extensive list of features. The double din receiver was a direct swap with no cutting/ modifications, replacing the OEM receiver. All required was a wire harness adapter (Nissan 2007+) and antennae adapter. Both wire harness and antennae adapter can be found at most stereo shops or even Crutchfield. As for speakers we used:Two pairs of Arsenal 2 way, 6.5” speakers (CS-AR650)AndA 10” subwoofer (CS-AW7040) enclosed in a custom ATI box, designed for use with Nissan’s Genuine Cargo Organizer. If anyone is interested, please feel free to let us know.

To power everything up, we selected the Arsenal Digital Mono Amp (KS-AR8001D; 700W RMS x 1 at 4 ohms) for our 10” sub and the Arsenal Digital Mono Amp (KS-AR8004D; 120W RMS x 4 at 4 ohms) for our highs.

The Cube is now in its final stages of completion, we will be sure to post the Cube at SEMA when all is said and done!
Modified by Team ATI at 1:38 PM 10/30/2009

Atx_Versa
Car: 2008 Nissa Versa SL

Im diggin that audio set up

Super stoked to see it in its wholesomeness

1HoTcUbE

wow i love how stealth that box is! I would love one of those!

nosser
Car: Nissan 350z Nissan Cube

I just put my cargo organizer in my trunk and I was thinking about the same setup! I'll take one of those sub enclosures!

Team ATI

awesome guys, thank you for the feed back. We hope its ok, we'll be back with more details on the Sub box by next week after the SEMA show.

stay tuned; however, we will be posting updates through out the show

elDizzle_foShizzle
Car: 09 Cube 1.8SL

tasty tasty! it's coming along nicely! that stealth box is cherry! PS: do you lose functionality of steering-wheel mounted controls with your hook-up?

TBrack
Car: none

Do you think a 12'' sub would fit in the cargo organizer?

helladrift
Car: 240

the car will be displayed at SEMA?? I'm leaving for SEMA in two days and like to take a look at it =) what booth area will you guys be at?

is that full drop on the teins? and size of the wheeels? thanksss

Team ATI

Thanks, we're def. stoked that everything came together without any crazy issues. As for the steering wheel controls on our Cube S, everything is working nicely.

Return to “Cube Forum”