auto start

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
rjchoops
Car: 08 Rogue SL AWD

koolyce wrote:Hi rjchoops,

It is normal that if you hit the brake before your turn the ignition to ON, the car will stop.

Have your try your auto start, enter the car and turn the ignition to ON and after, you hit the brake?
Hitting the brake and restarting isn't the concern. What I want is to be able to use the existing intelligent key fob to start the car as FAIRGES stated that's the way his works.

koolyce
Car: Rogue SL AWD 2009

Oh Sorry.

Anyway, my auto start work perfectly with my intelligent key. I have a remote for the auto start, so I start my car from there, but after that, I open my car with the handle (button) and turn to ON the ignition without at anytime, stop my car.

Work really nice.

duncho
Car: Qashqai

koolyce wrote:Oh Sorry.

Anyway, my auto start work perfectly with my intelligent key. I have a remote for the auto start, so I start my car from there, but after that, I open my car with the handle (button) and turn to ON the ignition without at anytime, stop my car.

Work really nice.
Guys could you please mention what product has dealer installed in your car? They don't do this in Europe and I would love to have this as well. Thank you!

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

duncho wrote:
koolyce wrote:Oh Sorry.

Work really nice.
Guys could you please mention what product has dealer installed in your car? They don't do this in Europe and I would love to have this as well. Thank you!
:welcome: duncho! So, which version of the Qashqai do you have?

duncho

@Rogue One:
Thank you. I have Nissan Qashqai J10E, 1.5 dCi with intelligent key.

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

duncho wrote:@Rogue One:
Glad to have you on board. Say could you post some shots of your ride? I tried Googling it but came up empty.

duncho

Rogue One wrote:
duncho wrote:@Rogue One:
Glad to have you on board. Say could you post some shots of your ride? I tried Googling it but came up empty.
Hi, here it is:
http://goo.gl/BSkW4

duncho

Can anybody reply to me what model of remote autostart you have installed in Rougue? How much was it and is there any online shop: Thanks

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

duncho wrote:Can anybody reply to me what model of remote autostart you have installed in Rougue? How much was it and is there any online shop: Thanks
Found This On Another Site!!!!!
I have done SEVERAL Rogues for the Dealership. 1 It does NOT void your warranty and 2 there is NO NEED for a key or chip to be left in the car. You need to buy the CanSl2 for Fortin. FOLLOW the instructions carefully. You will need to get at the cars BCM which is located HIGH behind the glove box. Also you will need to do a relay configuration at the fuse box under the hood to bypass the neutral safety ONLY WHEN THE RS is active. And one last thing the key WILL NOT turn when the remote starter is engaged. Not sure why this happens but you need to turn the RS off then it will release with the intellikey in the car. Hope all of this info helps. Good luck with the installation. If you dont want to do it yourself a good price is $400-$500 so take it to a professional.
I have an aftermarket AutoStart AS-1775 installed on mine. Like any autostart system, you'll need a bypass for the security system, sold separately from wherever you buy the autostart system.

Not sure if any other relay's are required with the intelli key, but mine works just like any other auto start system. Just have to remember to use the remote that comes with the autostart system, as using the oem key fob does not disengage the starter kill.
Autostart AS-1775 $119 http://www.absoluteautoguard.com/produc ... t-as-1775/

1-Way Remote Start System with 2200 Feet Range
*Benefits
Two transmitters included
2nd car function
Long range
Works with automatic and manual transmission
Limited lifetime warranty on module
2 years warranty on receiver and transmitter
Lifetime workmanship warranty

duncho

Thanks a lot For your reply! I checked Cansl2 and their home website says that it was upgraded with a newer self-learning model. I'm not sure whether this has already built-in RS function or additional module needs to be fitted. Same with a car alarm. I purchased an alarm with GPS, remote ambient vpice monitor and RS suported. However it does not bypass PKE system so car key has to be left in the vehicle. Rogue One, don't you have by chance instalation manual from CanSl2? I could maybe realize how to bypass PKE on my car.

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

duncho wrote:Thanks a lot For your reply! I checked Cansl2 and their home website says that it was upgraded with a newer self-learning model. I'm not sure whether this has already built-in RS function or additional module needs to be fitted. Same with a car alarm. I purchased an alarm with GPS, remote ambient vpice monitor and RS suported. However it does not bypass PKE system so car key has to be left in the vehicle. Rogue One, don't you have by chance instalation manual from CanSl2? I could maybe realize how to bypass PKE on my car.
Sorry, I was passing along info. I don't have a remote start on my ride.

mack1278
Car: '09 Nissan Rogue

We have a 2009 Nissan Rogue that had a remote starter install by our son, who does this professionaly.
Granted, we do not have the intelligent key, but spoke about it during the install.
Once the ignition is turned to the on position, pressing the brake pedal will not shut the engine off.

I just cannot understand why they told you to do it that way. Just doesn't make sense.

mack1278
Car: '09 Nissan Rogue

My point being, if the intelligent key is present then the car should remain running as long as the ignition is turned to the on position.
No different than any vehicle that does not have the intelligent key.

digitalis46613
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL

I've been reading for hours trying to take all this in. Is there a way to integrate 2-3x lock activation remote starter on my 2008 with the factory FOBs as a DIY solution?

kboo74
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Premium Pkg (Former)
2017.5 Nissan Murano SL Tech Pkg) (Former)
2019 Acura RDX A-Spec with Tech Pkg Performance Red

nissantech06 wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:59 am
fairges wrote:Picked up the Rogue earlier in the week (replacing 2005 Pathfinder). I had the dealer install the auto start ($449, but worth it to me to know that the dealer installed it and it's their problem if any issues arise).

To start the car, you use the same intelligent key and hit the lock button twice. Once you enter the car, you step on the brake and the engine shuts off, at which point you must start the engine again. Doesn't seem too intelligent...but I guess they need to have something to work on. Beats getting into a cold car.

When entering the Pathifinder, you just inserted the key and turned it forward.
That's because it's an aftermarket accessory and not a dealer-installed option. We sublet all of our remote starts to a place across the street. The reason you have to step on the brake is because of the intelligent key. It was never made to handle remote starts, since ZERO cars come with them from the factory.

That is B.S. because I just bought a 2017.5 Murano SL and it came with remote start on the Intelligent Key. Also remote start is sold as an accessory on the Nissan Owners portal website for some vehicles under the parts and accessory tab. Nissan can add it and I have looked at the instructions and it seems to consist of some computer reprogramming and a new intelli key with the remote start button. So it is possible.

Ken

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

kboo74 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:14 pm
nissantech06 wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:59 am
That's because it's an aftermarket accessory and not a dealer-installed option. We sublet all of our remote starts to a place across the street. The reason you have to step on the brake is because of the intelligent key. It was never made to handle remote starts, since ZERO cars come with them from the factory.

That is B.S. because I just bought a 2017.5 Murano SL and it came with remote start on the Intelligent Key. Also remote start is sold as an accessory on the Nissan Owners portal website for some vehicles under the parts and accessory tab. Nissan can add it and I have looked at the instructions and it seems to consist of some computer reprogramming and a new intelli key with the remote start button. So it is possible.

Ken
Dude, that post was made like a decade ago..... You cannot say that is BS when the majority of the cars back then still had the traditional key to start the car. If that post was made within the past 2 years, then yes it's BS.

kboo74
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Premium Pkg (Former)
2017.5 Nissan Murano SL Tech Pkg) (Former)
2019 Acura RDX A-Spec with Tech Pkg Performance Red

First off my name is not Dude and I and clearly included my name in the post. Second my bad I didn’t notice the date of the post but I will stand by my original statemet and clear things up for you.it. I am referring to cars around 2014 and up. I have seen the instructions on Nissan’s Accessory website and read through them. Clear now?

Ken

Return to “Rogue Forum”