Audio System Upgrade: Second major mod.

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
vaughnop
Car: 2015 Infinti Q70L awd

I ran into the same issue. I used the lc7i and the outcome wasn’t what I expected. So I decided to get a 3sixty.3. Man..... the outcome is unbelievable. Everything works just like factory but a hundred times better.

Secured2k

I thought the bose amp was doing some preconfigured or calculated EQ already. Is this EQ flat and unchanging? If so I can see a processor like an H800 or 3Sixty.3 working.

vaughnop
Car: 2015 Infinti Q70L awd

The eq was far from flat prior to hooking up the 3sixty.3. After letting the 3sixty flatting the frequency, before I adjusting anything. It was a night and day difference. All I have to do now is fine tune my presets to my liking.

cjstringer920
Car: '09 M35x

If anyone is still around that knows about the 09 M35 with NAV, I installed a sub and amp today, and it's solid. the only thing I may have done that I should have done differently, I tapped into the factory subwoofer speaker wires for the audio input to the amplifier. It seems as though the car, at higher levels, is trying to quiet down the output of the sub. Is this possible? Never had to deal with a factory amp this tied into EVERYTHING before, so I'm trying not to cut any wires I don't have to.
I did see a post from someone doing an '06 install that clipped a microphone wire? Couldn't tell exactly what that was about, and it's a different wiring harness.

Any help greatly appreciated.

TDot
Car: 2008 M35X, Lakeshore Slate/Tan

Your amp is weak, or your sub is weak. You want the bass to maintain at high volumes, you have to feed it heavy....like little shop of horror, "feed me Seymore." You will pretty much always have enough power for the high end, so it is constantly being powered as the volume goes up, but the bass needs even more power as the volume goes up, so it eventually gets left behind. That's the simplest way to put it. You really want to go up, get the sub a dedicated amp. Another good idea is to separate all the speakers frequency range if your setup allows that. That way the amp isn't working harder trying to feed all the speakers the entire frequency range and having the speakers do double duty. Sub...50-150 roughly, Mid...150-10000, high....10000+....off the top of my head, it's been a long time since I messed with this. There are other factors and psycho acoustics that are playing a part in this, but that is the simplest way to fix your issue and the easiest to get started.

As far as clipping the mic, that is to pic up cabin noise to automatically turn the system up as road noise gets louder and turn it down when needed. There should be a setting in the car to turn that off though if I remember correctly.

cjstringer920
Car: '09 M35x

Figured it out. Amp is solid, speaker is solid. Trigger wire had a loose connection and kept momentarily disconnecting. All good now. 600W Kenwood to a JL Audio 12.
Thinking if I hook it to regular speaker wires and turn on the LPF I will get a fuller range. The stock SUB does not have a really good range.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”