audio audio audio

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
my_new_v
Car: 2008 Toyota Tacoma X-Runner

I was told to always keep the Mojo in a ported box because it heats up so much it needs to vent out the air.

kcourtad
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa SL Sedan

my_new_v wrote:I was told to always keep the Mojo in a ported box because it heats up so much it needs to vent out the air.
never heard of that... idk much about the mojo sub its the 1st big comp sub ive ever owned... but i may have someone build the box for me so i wont mess it up

Kolk1
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa

Been a long time since I posted, but I figured I post in this thread.

My Old set up.

4-12inch Bravox UXPs, If you havent heard them, they are slighly better than Alpine Type Rs

2 Memphis 1000Ds

1 Memphis 4 channel

1 SVR Battery

1 8cuft ported box, and yes, the seats still fold up.

Kenwood DDX8019

Alpine Type R components up front, Coax in the rear.

Couldnt even guess how much Dynamat lol

Heres a pic of the box. Ports are on top.

Most of the equipment out of the car

New set up will be,

Front, Dynaudio 3 ways, 8-3-1s on a 2 channel Zapco amp.

No Rears.

2 10inch Treo subs. on a Zapco mono block

Not sure on deck. This will be a pure SQ car. I now find DB boring. Go sit in a SQ car, and you will be amazed.

VersaMG08
Car: '10 Mazda 3 s hatchback
'14 Nissan 370z

That's a crazy setup but AHSUM at the same time. It appears to be a bit tall. You don't have issues fitting that in the trunk? Kudos to you bro!

VersaMG08
Car: '10 Mazda 3 s hatchback
'14 Nissan 370z

What kind of music you plan on playing? I play a lot of techno, trance, house, electronica. Other than that, I normally play alternative, rock, pop, jazz.

Kolk1

In that pic, the hatch is closed. Theres about 1/2inch before the glass.

I prefer to listen to 80's-90s rock. Basics like AC/DC, pink floyd, Ozzy, metallica, guns n roses, motly crue, NIN, and stuff like that. Newer stuff like disturbed, Flyleaf, oh well you get the point.

BUT for showing off, I use stuff like Ghetto Cowboy, Timbaland, basic rap type stuff. I dont show off anymore, im just in it to please myself.

kcourtad

put that one song on there... Throw it up by little john... talk about some butt kicking bass... i listen to alot of rap, rock,country and some oldies... but that is a very very nice set up u have there

my_new_v

Yes that is a nice setup but dang, making a 4 door car only a 2 seaters? lol. I looked into doing custom door panels, a custom box in the back, or custom panels in the back to fit a couple subs for awhile. But I ended up getting this truck and found a company that can make really good panels and one of their display pictures are the ones of my truck .

Heres the link, email the guy and see if he can do something for you, they say they can do just about any kind of fabrication work.

http://www.xtremekreations.com/fabrication.html

Jemdawg
Car: Super Black Nissan Versa 1.8SL Hatchback

Kolk1 wrote:New set up will be,

Front, Dynaudio 3 ways, 8-3-1s on a 2 channel Zapco amp.

No Rears.

2 10inch Treo subs. on a Zapco mono block

Not sure on deck. This will be a pure SQ car. I now find DB boring. Go sit in a SQ car, and you will be amazed.
Nice. You'll be happy deleting the rear speakers, I did that a few months ago and it shows how much the speakers pull the staging to the back. If you want to go all out on SQ, I'd say Eclipse or, if your budget permits it, go for McIntosh or Denon, whatever you can get your hands on. I'd also say that one really good 10 will suffice for a sub, I've never really seen an advantage with two subs besides more Dbs, which isn't what you want. I'd recommend a Boston G5.

Kolk1

I havent ran any rear speakers in about a year, since I pulled out that DB system.

The 2 10s, are to basically fill the design I want for the trunk. I want to do one on each side, fiberglassed at a 45* with the Zapco amps in a false floor in the middle. I have spent almost a year sitting down and listening to Sq car after Sq car, and I always preferred the cars that were running Dynaudio speakers. Everybody's ears are different, these are what I like. Im just still deciding on what deck to use right now.

Heres the Dynaudios I want. http://www.woofersetc.com/inde...=5548

Front Amphttp://www.woofersetc.com/inde...D=587

Sub Amphttp://www.woofersetc.com/inde...D=599

Jemdawg
Car: Super Black Nissan Versa 1.8SL Hatchback

That promises to be a great setup, way too far out of my price range though. I do just enough to get me by for decent SQ, but not competition grade. I've only heard good things about Dynaudio, make sure you keep us updated.

kcourtad

i went to the this guy who owns a audio shop in town... and he was looking at my system to see what kind of box he could build... and wanted to hear it... so i turned it up and he wants me to come to a audio show this saturday to see what i get in it... he said that i would deff get in a class and probley win with the way its set up right now... and i still need to dynomatt the freaking car... **** cost a pretty good penny tho... anyone know of any cheap stuff that works just as good as dynomatt ?

my_new_v

Heck ya bro! Go for it Every sound competition Ive been to, someone with a Memphis system always wins lol.....even though Ive only been to 3 competitions. As far as the dynamat goes, theres other stuff out there, but from what I hear dynamat is the best by far.

Kolk1

Ive installed FatMat before for a customer. It was like $100 for 100sqft. It was kinda thin so id recommend ordering more than I would with other companies. Lets say instead of 15sqft id do 20sqft of FatMat.

kcourtad

i hit 110dbs before my amp cut off... and it was the start of lil john throw it up is what they had us play... and i only got about 10 sec into the bass part of the song before it cut off... but that the start off the song before all the bass kicked in... it was already moving air from where i put the gain all the way up and the bass on the HU to plus 5... i got 4th place... next show i should be able to keep it on im going to hook up two amps to that sub for 1200 watts of power and a new box... the audio guy i know said he would work with me on getting my car set up... and also give me some deals...

my_new_v

Nice, congrats on 4th place, I cant even get last place hahaha

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”