Audacity

Musicians and music-related topics are all right here in the Music Room.
PEZi
Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX Mitsubishi Racing Edition

I'm trying it. Gonna give this whole DJ mixset thing a try and I'm using Audacity to do it. Its free, that's why. I have Soundtrack Pro on the school computers where I go that seems way more awesome, but that would limit my mixing to only when I'm at school.

Gonna keep some updates here as I go, wish me luck!

If Z sees this... any suggestions?

breadbox
Car: Red 89 240sx,Black 89 Koop, White 84 720 4x4KC

your using audacity to make beatmatched mixes?

I have never played with Audacity other than recording vinyl to mp3 for my Girl's aunt. I might check it out.
Virtual dj has a decent interface and record to track option. Especially if you are already buy your songs from BeatPort.

PEZi
Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX Mitsubishi Racing Edition

Yeah, looked at virtual DJ and didn't feel like trying to figure out how to learn it. The mix I'm making right now is partially beatmatched, some of it is random breaks into other song etc. So far I'm pleased with it.

I actually have the whole mix done i'm just going back through and reworking some of the transitions and stuff. Should be ready for download for all you electro kids tomorrow!

breadbox
Car: Red 89 240sx,Black 89 Koop, White 84 720 4x4KC

whooo!. Listening now.

I found also Digital DJ Pro, free software. Coolest thing about it, I might be able to use it dj with Time coded vinyl. The skins are really basic. Virtual Dj is easy to use if you have ever played with turntables. also don't rely on it to be on point with that sync button.

I really want a NI Maschine, It looks fun and easy to make awesome songs.

Return to “The Music Room”