ATTN. pool experts!! question on pool slide instal....

Home project-related forums. Woodworking, home improvement, landscape, and cooking discussion forum. Yeah, car guys cook.
amolao
Car: 1989 Hatchback (the first one...) w/ Autech sr20de S15

The pool is gunite and a couple of years old with concrete deck. What are the liabilities when it comes to installing a slide after the pool had been completed ?

Safety issues (bonding, etc...) ??Any chances of cracking the deck while drilling before the installation of the anchors...??

Is this a DIY job ?, it doesn't seem complicated at all. Mainly worried about a kid falling and breaking his neck, God forbid.

Looneybomber
Car: 02 explorer sprt (grn)
10 G37S (white)

Float_6969 (CA forum mod) has worked in the pool industry for like 9-10yrs now. He may know what you're talking about.
amolao wrote:Mainly worried about a kid falling and breaking his neck, God forbid.
Well as long as he's not your kid, and you have a 2 million dollar umbrella policy

leesredgt
Car: 1992 Toyota MR2 N/A
1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo

Did you every install it?I build swimming pools for a living and can help answer your questions if if havent done it yet.

amolao

Still thinking about it.....what's your take on it ??....

leesredgt
1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo

I know when ever me and my dad install a slide we have to wait untill the concrete cures anyways before we can install the slide so i dont think youll have a problem with cracking the concrete.

I dont know which slide your looking at,but the ones we install,we just use a hammer drill to drill holes into the concrete and tap the locking anchor in,and the slide the slide over the holes on put the bolts in,thats all we do as far as bonding.

As far as liabilities,its the same whether you installed it right when the pool was completed or like what your wanting to now, a couple years later.I know in some cases the the home owners insurance went up b/c they installed a slide but ever case is diffrent.I know whenever we install one the manufacturer incourages us to have a million dollar liability coverage just in case somthing happens.but dispite tht risk we do install quite a few.

There really not bad to install,again it depends on what brand you get otheres are simpler then others.the type we use it takes us a half day to a full day to install it properly and we know what were doing.I say for somebody doing it on thee own with our type of slide its a good weekend project,its not bad.

Heres the type of slide we install.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lHfFJAHyHY

This slide is quick,and they say nobody under i belive it was under the age of 12 or so many pounds i cant remeber should be on it,but ofcourse little kids use it any ways.As long as your responsible with it youll be fine.We like this slide b/c of the high sides and it has handles on the ladder part so it makes it easier to climb up.let me know if you have any more questions ill be glad to help!

amolao

thanks for the info.

When I said bonding, I was reffering to the grounding of the structure. All metal surfaces are suppose to be ground together in case of lightning,etc....is this true ??

Where do you get the slides from and how much you guys normally charge for one installed...??

leesredgt
1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo

amolao wrote:thanks for the info.

When I said bonding, I was reffering to the grounding of the structure. All metal surfaces are suppose to be ground together in case of lightning,etc....is this true ??

Where do you get the slides from and how much you guys normally charge for one installed...??
Yeah your correct on the bonding,i dont what i was thinking i guess i read it wrong.lol On the metal structured ones yes it has to be bonded but the ones we use are all plastic so you dont have to worry about it.

As far as were to get one to be honest with you im not for sure.My dad gets them from a pool supply warehouse up here in Tenn.you might want to try looking up the turbo twister slide and see if somebody is willing to sell one directly to you.

Up here,the last one we installed i believe when installed it for 1,500 but i wanna say that was including the slide.

donnas231
Car: 2007 Nissan Altima, Saturn Ion

I have searched the net for an answer to my pool slide question and it keeps coming back to this post. So, I am really hoping that maybe one of you pool slide installation people can help me, PLEASE! My son is trying to install a really large water slide in his new pool. The pool people put in the recommended concrete pad under the pavers. However when setting the wedge anchor bolts he drilled a couple of the holes too deep. So now they do not come all the way through the base of the slide. I recommended that he leave the bolts he already set in place as they do come up through the pool base some just not enough to fasten, fill the hole around the bolt with expoxy then redrill another hole a few inches away in the base of the slide and reset a new bolt. He on the other thought that he could chip out the paver and concrete around the set bolt. I am not sure how he thought that he could patch the concrete well enough to hold a new bolt and support the slide but as usual he doesn't listen to me. My question is has anyone else made this mistake and if so is there a solution? Not sure that he will listen to anything I have to say but just in case if there is anyone who can help I would really appreciate any suggestion at this point. Thanks

Return to “Around the House”