Att: New Rogue Members - Post your introductions here

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

nayers1981 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:05 am
hello all I've been looking for a while and decided to join. this is my first Nissan rogue 2017 SL plus premium package. I enjoy the vehicle, and excited to start making modifications to make it my own. I've already replaced the head unit with a pioneer 4660nex and love it! but I still need help with the backup cameras, so that's why I came here to see if there is any help
Your Rogue should have came with a 360 degree camera installed from factory. Does the pioneer 4660nex HU you installed supports this camera feature? And does it have a back-up camera feature at all?

RogueDIYguy
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue

Hello! So I had a 2013 Versa with absolutely zero options. Cheapest possible one I could find, strictly for a 20 minute commute to work. And I loved it. Something about a bare bones commuter car... Especially the fact that not many people I know these days could drive it because it had a clutch! Then I was hit by a teenager on his phone who ran a red light. Totalled. My needs had changed, and I needed a more family friendly vehicle. So I now have a 2015 Rogue SV AWD and it is my best friend. I love working on it myself with little projects. So far I have replaced all 4 door speakers (kept the head unit solely for aesthetics), including new speaker grilles on the 2 front doors (kept the back intact because kids), put in a powered subwoofer under the driver seat, put in a couple custom toggle switches and a gain knob in the cluster on the left side of the dash, tinted all the windows, and put sound dampening material lining all of the doors and some of the floor. Now I have high quality sound for my commute with virtually zero road noise on the highway, and the vehicle can sit for the day in the sun and still be cool enough to get into after work. My next project is fog lights and LED headlights. The manuals on this site have been beyond helpful, but some of the things I came across weren't covered in the forums, so I hope to be able to help give back by answering any questions I can since I basically pulled the entire interior apart down to the frame and put it all back together more times than most people ever want to...

kentrider
Car: 2020 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Hi, Fellow Roguesters. My new 2020 SL AWD is just fantastic. I've driven 3300 miles since buying it in June and I really appreciate the CVT, especially driving in the mountains. The only thing that I find a little daunting is driving on straight roads with the driver-assist steering because it seems like it's constantly making tiny steering corrections and that's distracting.... I'm thinking I may select that particular assist option only if I'm tired and think I need that sort of help. The technology that is packed into this vehicle is really useful. The first accessories that I purchased for this car are a top-quality car cover from CoverCraft and a WeatherShield dash protector. As I live in a hot, sunny, dusty area (and without a garage or carport) I figure these items will protect the paint, and interior. I have purchased a Nissan camping tent with an optional zip-out tunnel that can connect to my open hatch back and allow access to the Rogue's cargo area from inside the tent. (Nifty heh?) Next I'll find a cargo basket to mount to the factory crossbars on roof rack. That way I can take the family tent camping. I rented Rogues for a couple of years' worth of road-trip vacations and finally decided the Rouge is the vehicle for me. ;)

Mr.Kittles
Car: 2018.5 Nissan Rogue Sport S

Hello, we recently purchased a 2018.5 Rogue Sport, FWD. Purchased used with 25600 miles, in black with the 17" wheel upgrade. All in all I am impressed by all the tech in the Sport, but it does not hold up very sporty when it comes to acceleration. Its a bit sluggish. I assume the transmission, being the CVT. Just gonna take some getting used too. As a new owner of this vehicle what are some things to look out for, check, maintain. I have read a lot of positive and negative about the Rogue, but not much on the Sport editions, unless they are all lumped together. Hopefully it will last man years to come and we get all the use out of it that we need. Great forum so far, lots of information and knowledge to be found for sure.

koth442
Car: Nissan Rogue

Yo.

FredDog01
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue SV

Bought a 2018 rogue SV last year. Second Nissan owned 1st one was Sentra. Need a little clarification . The rogue is tagged sport on left side sv on right . I have been trying to locate a set of cross bars for the roof rack. Tried 2 sets neither fit, both stated they would fit a SV.
The inside width for the front is 43" both sets 39". What do I really have title states SV.
Why is it so hard to find ones that fit without costing an arm & leg.
Sorry for the long rant This forum seems to be the place for answers.
Tried using the search but was declined so If this problem was prev. posted please excuse.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Welcome to Nico your new home away from Home!
I am sure someone in the Rogue subforum will be able to help you out :yesnod

elric
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SV FWD

Just picked up a 2016 Rogue SV 2WD [76K] to replace a totalled 2014 Rogue Select 2WD [only 82K, not even broke in yet!]. That 14 was nice, never a problem with the 2.5L engine or the CVT. But, I didn't have to drive daily in hot high speed environments... Wish Nissan had something like the Chevy RPO codes so I could decipher this car a bit.

My sister drove it the 40 some miles back from Madison, and she liked it a lot. When I drove it at the dealership, it seemed to have more punch than my '14. Odd divide n conquer, er, divide n hide shelf in the back. My Brittany Spaniel likes to look out the rear window [and the side, and the front ones as well].

Dealer put on new tires, brakes, and a battery... I'm sure there are some small things that need fixing. My other vehicle is a '13 Silverado 1500 W/T, no back up camera and 18MPG when unloaded and easy on the gas. Big blind spots and a huge body make parking lots a scream...

I see the stories about some CVTs, I just squeeze my eyes shut and repeat "there's no place like home".

PalmerWMD

Welcome Elric!!! :yesnod

PalmerWMD

kentrider wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:06 pm
Hi, Fellow Roguesters. My new 2020 SL AWD is just fantastic. I've driven 3300 miles since buying it in June and I really appreciate the CVT, especially driving in the mountains. The only thing that I find a little daunting is driving on straight roads with the driver-assist steering because it seems like it's constantly making tiny steering corrections and that's distracting.... I'm thinking I may select that particular assist option only if I'm tired and think I need that sort of help. The technology that is packed into this vehicle is really useful. The first accessories that I purchased for this car are a top-quality car cover from CoverCraft and a WeatherShield dash protector. As I live in a hot, sunny, dusty area (and without a garage or carport) I figure these items will protect the paint, and interior. I have purchased a Nissan camping tent with an optional zip-out tunnel that can connect to my open hatch back and allow access to the Rogue's cargo area from inside the tent. (Nifty heh?) Next I'll find a cargo basket to mount to the factory crossbars on roof rack. That way I can take the family tent camping. I rented Rogues for a couple of years' worth of road-trip vacations and finally decided the Rouge is the vehicle for me. ;)
Thank you for the detailed intro. :bigthumb:
Please post up some pics of the tent and the car cover in a separate thread.
I think other members will be quite in that :yesnod

SJRogue
Car: 2017 Nissan Rogue SV

Hello from Saint John, New Brunswick. I just got my 17 Rogue SV yesterday and I have high hopes. I had an 03 Pathfinder a few years ago that I absolutely loved and have had my eyes on a Rogue for a while now. Glad to finally be behind the wheel of one!!

True Neutral
Car: '21 Rogue SV Premium

Picked up a '21 SV Premium yesterday (traded in a '17 Juke Nismo RS; so much fun but just too small). I'm extremely happy with it and cannot wait for Thule to start making fitment for this model. Gotta get my kayaks on the water!

AggieInARogue
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue S AWD
2006 Honda S2000

Hello everyone! My name is Ramon and I live in College Station, TX. I currently work in consulting but was a truck driver/instructor in a past life. Just looking for some mod ideas and general information on the Rogue. I picked up a 2018 Rogue S AWD this week after being immobile during the winter storm last month here in Texas. For starters I'm looking at window tint and remote engine starter before the summer heat shows up...probably some wheels to replace the steelies. Looking forward to seeing everyone's rides and maybe meeting some enthusiasts IRL. Gig 'em :bigthumb:

After the summer is over, I'll be putting the S2000 in the shop for a little refresh and to add some goodies.

triggeru
Car: 2017 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

New member here: Rich, from Hickory, NC
Purchased my Rogue a year ago. It is a 2017 Rogue SV AWD. It was a former lease with 19K miles but in very good shape. I wasn't sure I would like it at first, but I found out that I really do. The acceleration took a little while to get used to but I am impressed with the engine performance. It's certainly not like any four cylinder I've ever driven before. I also like the utility of the vehicle.

I am retired now but I have a good bit of experience in the automotive industry, some OEM but mostly with OEM parts manufacturers - and mostly in the quality assurance/part approval functions.

I hope this forum will be useful. ;)

PalmerWMD

Welcome to all the recent additions!!! :yesnod

n2ho
Car: Honda CRV

True Neutral wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:40 pm
Picked up a '21 SV Premium yesterday (traded in a '17 Juke Nismo RS; so much fun but just too small). I'm extremely happy with it and cannot wait for Thule to start making fitment for this model. Gotta get my kayaks on the water!
I'm looking for replacement of my Honda CR-V 2018 (lease) and would be very interesting to read your impression of your new '21 SV Premium after one month of driving. I hope you're still happy with your new car. For some reason I don't see them on the road, plenty of Hondas, earlier models of Rogue and other cars but not this new Rogue 2021 model.

ForkBoy
Car: 2011 Rogue SV AWD

hey all found this forum when i was looking for help got a 2011 SV AWD have done a bunch of mods will post them soon Vstar650CL is a god helped resolve my issue :whistle:

JzyJ28
Car: 2021 Nissan Rogue SL
2013 Nissan Altima Coupe

Hello,

Just got my first rogue and still the only Nissan in the driveway. Have not been able to convert the husband and sons from T squad. I have reviewed this forum before so I know how helpful you guys are. Cannot wait to learn more about my new baby.

eternaldreams
Car: Nissan Qashqai+2 2010

Hello, my name is Josu, I am from Spain and I am the owner of a Nissan Qashqai + 2, 2010 rogue sport +2. I am interested in the Rogue 2021, X-Trail in my country, but it is not yet sold in my country, so I have registered in this forum to ask any owner of this rogue for any of its characteristics.

RustyG
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Hello fellow Rogue owners! I have been following your forum for the last four years and decided to join. I have a 2014 Rogue SL AWD in Super Black, fully loaded with leather, moonroof and the Bose audio system with navigation. I had previously purchased a 2012 Rogue SL for my daughter and was impressed with it, so I bought a second gen Rogue for myself. I especially enjoy the Bose audio system. The best highway mileage I have experienced was 35 MPG (6.6 l/100 km for Canadians). I live in central Alberta and have driven the Rogue in weather ranging from -35 C to +38 C.
Thanks for all your enthusiastic posts; I have learned a lot and will share my experiences as well. :)

PalmerWMD

Thanks for posting up Newbies! Enjoy your forum!! :yesnod

GARogue
Car: 2021 Nissan Rogue Platinum AWD

Hello Rogue Forum! I recently purchased my 2021 Rogue Platinum AWD in June and have really enjoyed it thus far. I've owned several Nissan's and all have been reliable and trustworthy- simply stick to routine maintenance schedules and they will last many, many miles.

mellotron
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue
2016 Nissan Pathfinder
2018 Nissan Rogue

Hi, we have a Nissan used car lot in our driveway: 2014 Rogue S, 2016 Pathfinder SL and 2018 Rogue SL, all AWD. They've been great 4-season vehicles here in Vermont. The '14 is mostly used by my daughter in college, the '18 is our daily driver, and I already have my eye on upgrading the '16 to the new Pathfinder.

Mxavier2
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue Sport

Hi all, new to the forum, justmoicjed upm 2016 Rogue Sport with about 30k miles. Looking forward to connecting and sharing information. I live in Florida.

Mike

kjshirley
Car: 2017 Nissan Rogue SV FWD

Hi there! I live in Florida and bought a 2017 Nissan Rogue SV FWD (Caspian Blue) with 32,400 miles in June, 2020 for a great price - $16,000 bottom line out the door from a reputable dealership in town. I had previously owned a 2012 Nissan Versa hatchback that I accumulated over 180,000 miles on before upgrading to the Rogue. I have been SO happy with this vehicle - gas, a new set of tires, oil changes and the occasional car wash/detail have been my only expenses so far.
I own a cleaning service and drive a lot for business, so the gas mileage is a big plus - I also take advantage of the dividers in my cargo area to separate out cleaning supplies and keep things organized. I'm still getting used to all the bells & whistles - bluetooth, backup camera, blind spot lights, heated seats (I haven't needed yet but hit the button once by accident and yes, my seat heated) and brakes that work very well but require my foot to activate (thank goodness). I hope to drive my Rogue for many years!

X-trailman2021
Car: Nissan X-Trail

Hello.

I live in Spain. I own three Nissan vehicles. Two are Qashqai, one black, one White, both gasoline. My daughters drive them. And I Drive a x-trail 1.6 DCI tekna 4x4i black, year 2016. Diesel.

FranciscoA
Car: 2020 Nissan Rogue

Hi, I bought a Nissan Rogue last November and found this forum. This is the first time that I own a Nissan so I really don't have any previous experience to share but I look forward not only to sharing future experiences but to benefit from the past experiences of Nissan enthusiasts. Thanks to all and good riddance.

PalmerWMD

A big Hello to all the new posters! :wavey:
Please start some pic threads of your rides too! :yesnod

C-ya
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Howdy all. I recently picked up a 2011 Rogue SV AWD w/ 126K miles that needed a motor according to a compression test from the shop where the seller's wife made it to. Bought it for $800 as I had already located a low-mileage engine and set up a shop to do the swap. Get it to my shop and the owner calls and asks if I'm ok with him just changing the locked up A/C compressor or if I really wanted him to swap the engine. LOL - easy choice. Of course, I went with the engine! Nah, j/k.

I bought it for my teenaged daughter's first car. So far, it has cost me rear brakes (calipers, pads, rotors), the aforementioned A/C compressor, an oil change, snow tires with new sensors, and some transmission fluid. I did a drain and fill to see what would happen with the cold clatter in the transmission. It seemed to help some, so now I'm going to do a pan drop with new screen and (cooler) filter. I joined the forum to do more research on that clatter. I have learned some other good things along the way, so thanks for that.

Daniel Ortiz
Car: 2010 Nissan Rogue SL (FWD)

Howdy. My wife has a 2010 Rogue SL (FWD), and it's getting to the point where I'm needing to search fore more detailed upkeep information for that car (I mean, have you SEEN mechanic rates these days?!?). It's been a good little car for her, her first new car purchase. It's got 192,000 miles these days, so it's getting long in the tooth, but it's still going on its original engine and transmission, so I can't complain. I just changed it's transmission fluid and filter myself the other day (first time I've done it myself), so I'm all up in its business now. I'm looking forward to interacting in these forums until that car keels over or we finally have some money laying around to purchase its replacement. Take care!

Return to “Rogue Forum”