Att: New Rogue Members - Post your introductions here

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
mvp2ny
Car: 08 Rogue S AWD
Silver/Black

Hi all. Picked up my new 2019 Rogue S which replaced my 2008 Rogue S. Went with the Gun Metal (Grey). Great safety features and android play is a bonus. Looking forward to ideas and advice form others. Thanks. :woot:

Short Old Dude
Car: 2019 Nissan Rogue SV

Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste (great line...some of you know it). I'm S.O.D. (short old dude). I purchased my 2019 Rogue SV in August of 2019 in Phoenix, it now has a cat back exhaust system from Stillen & it sits on 20 inch wheels from Roderick, with 245/45 Falken Ziex ZE960 A/S, plus an K&N air filter. I do have questions about a few other modification I'd like to make. So my first question is do I start here or is there another site I need to use in this form. I do look forward to any and all assistance.
Thank you,
SOD

Short Old Dude

Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste (great line...some of you know it). I'm S.O.D. (short old dude). I purchased my 2019 Rogue SV (Premium Package) in August of 2019 in Phoenix, it now has a cat back exhaust system from Stillen & it sits on 20 inch wheels from Roderick, with 245/45 Falken Ziex ZE960 A/S, plus an K&N air filter. I do have questions about a few other modification I'd like to make. So my first question is do I start here or is there another site I need to use in this form. I do look forward to any and all assistance.
Thank you,
SOD

sunnydude
Car: '10 Rogue SL AWD

Just purchased a 2010 Rogue for my daughter. Neighbor was selling and got a deal. 82k black AWD SL.

kheller2
Car: 2019 Rogue SL

hi everyone! I just purchased a 2019 Rogue SL AWD + Premium pack to replace a 2014 Kia Sorento SXL that was totaled (everyone is fine and the incident was certainly not our fault). While I greatly miss the Sorento, I'm pleased that the Rogue SL has many similar features and size and doesn't suffer from ugly dash syndrome that recent vehicles do. The Rogue is pretty darn nice for its price range!

Granted --- there are some silly things about it, and its easy to see where Nissan is saving money. But overall I'm pleased so far (and that's really hard to do, as I'm a stickler).

The wife and I own a few other cars:
1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo (mostly stock, Gen4 engine swap) - I like stock, but reliability and fun!
2015 Subaru WRX (not STI, I like the torque on the non-STI) - this is what i call my beater car - snow tires are on now and it hauls my a** to work through anything.
2015 Honda Accord Coupe for the Mrs.
The Rogue is the puppy mobile for our two golden retrievers: Hunter and Scout.

rabidus
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue
2012 Nissan Quest

I've owned my 2011 Rogue for almost 2 years, I love the CVT transmission and the Rogue handles extremely well. O/D off is my best friend.

I also own a 2012 Quest.

RedRogue1959
Car: 2019 Rogue SL Platinum, AWD

My wife and I recently leased a 2019 Rogue SL Platinum in crimson ember red. It’s the first RED vehicle I have ever had, most previous cars & trucks have been black, but I wanted at least 1 red vehicle before I shuffle off this mortal coil. I have had a couple Nissan products, an Infiniti EX35 and a Murano. I love the tech with Pro Pilot and all that entails. I am anxious to get it out on the highway for a road trip. I am glad to join this great group.

Thanks, Art C
Quispamsis, New Brunswick
Canada

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

:bigthumb: Welcome to all the new guys: To your new home away from home

BrianN
Car: 2017 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Hi there. New rouge owner here from central B.C. Where currently it is -36C, dropping to -44C overnight.
We purchased a 2017 Rogue SL. in August of 2019.
Unfortunately right now, it is dead in the driveway since Monday morning. When this cold snap started.
I know, I should have plugged it in, but, it either doesn't have a block heater, or, they hid the cord so well, I can't find it. Trust me, I have looked for the cord, but have been unable to find it.
Anyways, I hope that we have many good years with our Rogue. We are loving it so far.

Dahigufa

Hi everyone - new to the forum, new to Rogue - just picked up a 2019 Rogue SV - previous rental.
So far, great vehicle.

When I started looking - was looking for newer/used, under 30K miles...everything kept leading me to Rogue.

Hit up CarMax - they had SEVERAL on the lot, so test drove one (2017), was OK, rode nice, etc. Wasn't enthused with the roll-on at highway speeds (coming from a VW turbocharged Jetta GLI manual - sporty and plenty of power). Talking to others (not Nissan owners), they said, drive it more, you'll get used to it. Changing cars, you'll expect the new to feel like the old - very true in this case.

Ended up getting the 2019 Rogue SV White from Avis Car Sales, Very Clean, $21K miles has some of the upper level features, remote start, kick liftgate, etc. Has just about everything I wanted EXCEPT the 4 camera array. Oh well. Still a great car, this is my 2nd tank of fuel, doing quite a bit of hwy driving on this last tank, anxious to see what my final mileage is tonight when I fill up again.

I am wanting to do some minor mods soon, primarily either Xenon or LED headlights - stock aren't near bright enough. Also LED for some of the interior lights, I like the LED white a lot more (did it to another vehicle).

Thanks for the add to the forum, great to see what some other owners are up to with theirs.

Bailey young
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL

Hi! I have a 2008 Nissan Rogue sl in pearl white. I am wanting to lower it, wondering if anyone new of any lowering springs that would work on it?

Tchk856
Car: 2012 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Hey wats up? My name is Tim, age 41, and I own a 2012 Nissan rogue sv awd.
I live in n.j. and I'm in the construction industry.

EscapeFromBPC
Car: 2019 Nissan Rogue

Hello...just bought a 2019 Rogue SL AWD... Normally live in Manhattan...hope everyone is staying safe out there.

FloriBamaBoy
Car: Black 2013 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Just bought a used 2013 Nissan Rogue SV AWD with 80K miles and a lifetime power-train warranty from Scott Clark Toyota in Matthews NC last week. I had to choose from 5 vehicles that I was looking at with nicer packages but the lifetime warranty is what swayed my decision. The paint is black, interior is black and gray and it has 17" rims on it. This is my first 4 cylinder since I was 16 and my first CVT transmission (which I am still not use too). My last car was a 06 Pilot EXL which was taken out by two deer (at the same time) last month and the smaller Rogue is a welcome change.

Dahigufa

Welcome! I’m fairly new too, just joining in February after totalling a car on the highway in Ohio. Yeah, the rogue takes a bit getting used to, mostly for the power. Everything else I really do like, in the power department, around town it’s just fine, if you’re trying to jet to get on the highway as fast as you can, we’re going to wait for a little bit. But, all around it works out very well for me

Tobler1
Car: 2017.5 Rogue SL 19" option

Hello all, I just bought my first ever Nissan. 2017 Rogue SL black with all the good stuff.. except these ugly a** 19" wheels.. lol.. I want to put some aftermarket 18". My mechanic tells me this would mess up the computer. Is he right, or do I need a new mechanic? Thanks, Steven

waltinbatonrouge
Car: 2018 Rogue SV

Hi All. I'm new to your forum and just wanted to say hello! ...
I'm a former Vietnam F4-J Avionics Marine, retired corporate sales guy and I just bought a nice low mileage super clean 2018 Rogue SV. It was a rental car in its past life, but after a thorough going over by me and a clean car fax it appears no worse for the wear.

my daughter has a 2015 SL that she uses for her eyeglass frame business. Its been a generally trouble free Roguette to 135,000 miles
We do the maintenance together. She has become quite a gearhead.

I may have questions going forward, but ok right now...

thanks very much waltinbatonrouge

Dahigufa

Welcome! i’m a fairly new owner myself of a white 2019 rogue SV. Mine was previous rental purchase directly from Avis car sales. Great shape, 21,000 miles, and a price that was about the same as the 2016 2017 and 2018 models that were also used for sale. Very happy with it. I have made a few modifications already, put LED headlights both high and low beam, and LED interior lights, bought the window shields and install them all around. Purchased OEM full rubber rug floor mats, I didn’t care for the carpeted ones. Put a rear deck cover on the back where are some of the rental folks had a few cosmetic scratches in it, and also put a rubber back felt covering in the lower storage area in back, so stuff doesn’t slide around. I started looking around after having another car accident, wanting something that’s a little taller than the sporty sedan that I had prior to this. This was a big selection, and gets about the same mileage as my previous vehicle, which was important to me.

carljball
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue AWD

Hello,

I am in Wisconsin and a parent of a 2011 Rogue AWD owner. I am accumulating some experience with this vehicle so I figured I'd join a Nissan forum. So far I have:
1) Performed a full stereo upgrade including hands free phone and backup camera.
2) Corrected a noisy CC heat shield.
3) Replaced the right front CV axle and ball joint
4) oil changes, CVT fluid change, air filter and HEPA cabin filter

After the CV job I'm getting to know this car and figured I should join a Nissan forum.
-Carl

IDRIVEROGUE
Car: 2017 Rogue Sport SL

Howdy

2010 Rogue 360 AWD. Its a trim level that doesnt come up on the drop down default selections. (Not S, not SL, not Krom)
Just over 91K Miles. Have had CVT boots replaced twice, oil cooler once, and various other fixes over the years.
Live in an area with 4 seasons - not canada cold, but it gets down there. Not phoenix hot, but it gets hot enough.
Joined because this is a great board.

carljball
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue AWD

IDRIVEROGUE wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:06 pm
Have had CVT boots replaced twice,
Are you referring to the CV (constant-velocity) axle boots? The front CV-axles in general seem to be a weak component in the Rogue. Did you put in a 2-piece boot or pull the axle out? Getting the ball joint off the steering knuckle was a PITA and I still have to do the other side. I'm waiting for it to start getting noisy.

Chkultr
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

2015 Nissan Rogue SV AWD new to me!

IDRIVEROGUE
Car: 2017 Rogue Sport SL

carljball wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:45 am
IDRIVEROGUE wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:06 pm
Have had CVT boots replaced twice,
Are you referring to the CV (constant-velocity) axle boots? The front CV-axles in general seem to be a weak component in the Rogue. Did you put in a 2-piece boot or pull the axle out? Getting the ball joint off the steering knuckle was a PITA and I still have to do the other side. I'm waiting for it to start getting noisy.
Yes, they spouted out the black/green grease on my garage floor, so I took over to repair shop. I am not abundantly clear on how exactly it was fixed. However one of them gave out again within 18 mos and I got free repair under warranty. Not a repair I would be able to undertake on my own, but YMMV.

Perf-Em
Car: 2012 Nissan Rogue SV, 118k miles

I didn't need a truck any more, so a couple of weeks ago I traded my '05 3/4 ton Dodge straight across at a dealer for a flame red Rogue SV. Seven years newer, 65k miles less, and 3x the mpg! It meets our needs, and now that we won't be pulling a 30' 5th wheel camper, the Dodge had become drastic overkill!

This is my second Nissan. Well first actually. My last one was a '78 Datsun 280Z I had around the turn of the century. It needed a lot of work, but it became a really fun car! Problem was, there are no fun roads in central Iowa! (I also had a '82 280ZX I bought as a parts car for $100-. I harvested several hundred dollars of stuff I needed off it, sold $400-more, then sold the car for $100- to a guy who took what he wanted off it and left it for me, so I sold it to a wrecker for another $50-!)

The Rogue needs a bit of work, but I'm laid up at the moment following radical thumb surgery, so I can't even hold a screwdriver. I have new headlights and fog lights, a steering wheel glove (the sew-on kind), a trailer hitch and wire harness, and a few other things just waiting for a medical OK. I should have this stuff all installed before winter hits, though.

It's a fun little car! My wife likes the ride and comfort, my dog likes the room with the seats down, and I like pretty much everything about it!

Perfesser
'12 Rogue SV, 118k miles

RogueScholar
Car: 2014 Rogue SelectAWD J-VIN, Intake, 2J Pulley, Big 3,Subframe Brace, more
1994 Altima GXE w/VLSD..i/h/e, UR Pulley, jdm stuff
2006 Sentra SE-R Spec V - i/h/e OBX Pulley, BSR, Big 3

Hi... just decided to mod my 2014 Select AWD after it turned 100k.. i never bothered past the k&n filter.. but realizing i had TONS of parts left over from my altima and sentra spec-v.. i figured why not.. dont worry i'm familiar with the search bar.. lol. i'm currently interested in suspension upgrades... i live in backwoods country and would love to make my drives a bit more enjoyable. I see the part number for H&R springs, but nobody seems to sellthem anymore..:*( looking for a sway bar, contacted a manufacturer to see how many/much a group buy would be for some 22mm ones. hopefully not too bad.

so far i have a shorty intake, hood risers, 2j pulley, catch can, ground wires, voltage stabilizer, apexi type 1 rad cap, TB spacer, subframe brace, installed fog lights, color switching LED hi/low beams, .bug guard, rain guards, a bunch of neochrome goodies (oil cap, battery tie, all fender washers, radiator support bling). project mu reservoir covers, 18x8 +35mm light weight wheels, pirelli p6 plus 225/60's.. got a hayden trans cooler going on cvt as soon as i buy the 4 block.. roof bars and basket (not currently on vehicle, eats mpg !)

so far i've only spent like $50 on mods. LOL

plans - exhuast, stainless brake lines, and new rotors /pads, maybe powder coated calipers. optima battery, springs, wheel spacers...classy pedals and foot rest..retro fit projector and halos/DRLs.. gut and fiberglass a mesh grille..... sway bar and strut bar if i can find em. and maaaybe gtr coil conversion with wider gap copper plugs (yes i know i'll have to change em every month or two)

other parts i have in my bin, are oil filter relocation and -10AN cooler kit, rally armor mudflaps, oil filter cooler, tow hooks, multiple catch cans, various guages, a JDM apexi S13 Intake (i might convert to univeral 3" flange), various led bulbs, an altima 2 row all alum radiator, fender quick connects, mishimoto t-stat (anyone know if a KA stat fits the QR?), various color lug nuts, an altima Stillen front lip, Accord rear spats, a few different battery ties, and various fender washer colors... probably more i just dont recall off the top of my head.

thanks !

GreenGiant14

Hello All,

Just bought my first ever Nissan. 2019 Rogue with 157 KM. I'm the first owner of it. Still got the new car smell.
I live in northen Canada, have rims on the way to mount winter tires on. Seaching for info on the TMPS System.

Regards

TheRotorNurse
Car: 2010 Nissan Rogue 360º (registration says KROM)

Hi, Yousuf here, I have a 2010 rogue 360º, 111k miles. From the Atlanta Metro but moving to Northwestern Washington in December.

justin_bailey
Car: 2012 Nissan Rogue SL FWD

2012 Rogue SL FWD with all the fixins here................first Nissan, hoping reading these forums doesn't make me paranoid about all the issues :)

13Alex
Car: 2020 Nissan Rogue SV

Hi, I just got our Rogue 2020 SV AWD. Nice car and I love the tech package. What I do not like is the headlights. My car does not have led headlights. So I decided to upgrade them. I installed the low beam easy, but I cannot find a way to open the white cup over the high beam. The 2020 model has a white cup plastic over the high beam.
Any idea ho to access the high beam?
Please help!
Thanks

nayers1981
Car: 2017 Nissan Rogue SL

hello all I've been looking for a while and decided to join. this is my first Nissan rogue 2017 SL plus premium package. I enjoy the vehicle, and excited to start making modifications to make it my own. I've already replaced the head unit with a pioneer 4660nex and love it! but I still need help with the backup cameras, so that's why I came here to see if there is any help

Return to “Rogue Forum”