Att: New Rogue Members - Post your introductions here

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
krblank
Car: 08 Rogue S AWD Grey

Hi. I am new here. Just got my Rogue last week and so far so good. I bought it used from Enterprise car sales. It is a grey S AWD with 12k miles on it. I am taking a trip to Las Vegas next week. Can't wait to see what kind of MPG I get!

cdmuile
Car: Nissan Rogue, Scion tC RS4.0

I'm sure you will be pleased. What was your former ride?

kk
Car: 2008 Black Wicked Fully Loaded SL AWD with Premium package, Leather Package, Moon Roof Package & Nav

hi there guys.....

got a new Wicked Black Fully Loaded Rogue - SL AWD with Premium Package, Leather interior, Moon Roof & Navigator....

got a lease...

Basically i was reading this forum for last 2 months... based on comments of all of you guys... the dream turned into reality on July 4th!!!

this is my first car in US (been here for last 3 months). Was moving around in 2001 3 series BMW earlier...

I love this car!!!

have been getting 19.5 mpg on the first tank... hope it improves a bit...

hawaiigirl
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL Iridium Graphite Black on Black leather

My husband bought me a 2008 Rogue SL (took delivery on Christmas Eve '07). Took a bit of searching to find one in the color I wanted (Iridium Graphite), then he upgraded it to black leather (it came with black/red cloth interior), XM radio, and a few other extras. There are a few more things we'd like to add to it....but it's "in the works".....

We absolutely LOVE it so far! This vehicle never ceases to amaze us. It's been great on gas (and these days, that's a HUGE plus!) - we've seen as high as 30+mpg on long drives, has ample power, provides a smooth ride, is very easy to operate......we've yet to find something that we don't like about it!

krblank
Car: 08 Rogue S AWD Grey

We had a minivan (chevy). Looking forward to better gas mileage

jbjbear
Car: 2008 Rogue

Hi I ben reading the post on the Rogue I brought mine in April so far I love It we went on vac, in June to GA. to NC i but a total of 4000 miles havent change the oil yet I havent had any trouble yet I hope I dont Im from hyde park NY I have the dark grey my husband but black racing stripes on I had the mood roof but on and racks it loking pretty good I think im going to but a Labra on it to realy set it off

pedror
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD

Just bought a new SL FWD with Premium package.

My wife and I were looking for something a little smaller than the 2001 Highlander we traded in, and more fuel-efficient. We are hoping to get out for some camping trips with it (anyone seen the tent accessory??).

First time for a Nissan, but I found this forum before we bought and people really seem to like the vehicle - as do we so far!

philipa_240sx

pedror wrote:We are hoping to get out for some camping trips with it (anyone seen the tent accessory??).
Welcome to the forums!

I do a fair bit of camping both backcountry and campground and still prefer a seperate tent. The rear seats to not fold flat enough to make a comfortable sleeping surface negating the whole point of having the tent connected to the hatch.

To avoid going OT in the introduction thread, I will start a new one with more tent information;

zerothread/350656

bkpsu
Car: '08 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Hey all!

Picked up a new, blue SL AWD w/Premium package this week. We bought the car for my wife, but I've been doing most of the driving so far . We love the car, it's really quiet, and handles very well...We were looking at the RAV4 and the Ford Escape, but Nissan took the prize, partially because of brand loyalty (my ride is an '04 Sentra SE-R SpecV, with the same QR25DE engine as the Rogue).

-B.K.

JDMRyde

Hello everyone. I ended up purchasing a Black 08 nissan Rogue SL FWD.This forum is awesome. Learning a lot of stuff about the rogue!This crossover is sweet!!

philipa_240sx

Welcome to the forum JDMRyde and bkpsu

wrtmac

HiBought silver S at the end of June. So far its a great vehicle. 29 MPG on the road and about 25 altogether. I did add a bumper guard on my own ($35) and had the windows tinted.I'm going to get a Homelink anti-glare Temp/Compass mirror installed. Great car - handles well and is comfortable to drive.Doesn't have the rear heater/AC but then the rear seat rarely has passengers.

Gzhou8888

Got my Rogue SL AWD about 2 weeks ago. It is Black with Premium package. I am living in Toronto, Ontario, Canada

neatsuit
Car: Nissan Rogue

Just joing now. got my new Red Rogue SL AWD w/Premium Package 3 weeks ago and loving it.

mstrmstr
Car: Venom Red ROGUE 08...and 4 others

New Rogue owner just in from roadtrip to get the feel of it.

My local dealer is selling at 500 under invoice and a free tank of gas..08 model.

Since not a big change coming for 09 I jumped on it after checking with ALL comparable crosssover/suv's

My right knee rubs the front console. (At the head of the fibula.) I'm 6'1". I thought about taking it back but enjoy it so much I'm just moving the whole seat assembly a tad to the left instead.

Maybe aftermarket airdam? Possible ? maybe ground effects?

The problem with new cars is I always want to fit it to MY likes. Hence the industy of customization

This is my first post..

PS Kinda blowing Nissans idea of targeting the 30 yr old group.Of the 4 guys and one lady buying at my dealership ALL were over 50!Go figure

Davis

sweetrogue
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Wicked Black with/ grey leather interior

Hello! I have been reading the posts on this forum prior to purchasing my Nissan Rogue back in mid-March. This forum has been very helpful! I gave up my great 13yr old 1995 Honda Prelude and I got my new wicked black, fully loaded Rogue SL AWD, Gray Leather interior, Premium Package, Moonroof package, Roof Rail Crossbars, Floor Mats, Splash guards, Rear Bumper Protector, and wind deflector. Love getting into my new rogue and it drives like a car!

PAWIX1

hello everyone , im so excited to be part of this forum wherein I can get ideas from owners about this lovely rouge....I would like to ask if anybody has an idea where to purchase a hood spoiler, price and how it is installed....

thanks

philipa_240sx

PAWIX1 wrote:I would like to ask if anybody has an idea where to purchase a hood spoiler, price and how it is installed....thanks
Welcome to the forum!

If you are looking for a hood bug deflector, there is a post in the Rogue FAQ regarding this:

zerothread/340282

jk47
Car: 2010 Nissan Rogue SL AWD
Previous: 2008 Nissan Rogue S AWD

Just recently purchased a 2008 Gotham Grey Rogue S AWD. I had the dealer install dark grey leather and a moonroof. The dark grey leather looks really good with the black interior and gets slightly less hot then black leather would have.

I traded in a 98 Honda Accord 2 door 4 cyl. Manual w/ over 140k miles (10.5 years old)

I've been really happy so far except for finding a screw in a tire less then 24 hours after bringing it home :-( At least the dealer patched it for free. They have a goodwill repair policy - any low cost repair up to a certain point after purchase is free)

as6004me
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

Hi,name is Joe I am 20 years old and purchased my Rogue back in late January, already have 9000 miles. Have the Gotham Gray 2wd with the premium package, moonroof. I Am wanting to customize this and parts are seemingly slow to come out, unless I haven't been looking in the right places. Already tinted the front windows, wish I could boost the performance somehow (I went from an Acura TSX). So far it is great for my bicycle. L8r

KigerKat
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL

Hey everyone! I just picked up my new Rogue yesterday - SL/Venom Red/Premium Package. We were debating between this and a new Compass, but the Rogue won! I don't have a lot of experience with it just yet, but so far I love it! I have never owned a brand new vehicle, so I'm a little extra excited about this.

Sad thing - I already have a warranty claim! The "E" in the "ROGUE" nameplate fell off while it was still at the dealer. So I guess I have a very unique Nissan "Rogu" for now! :-)

rhynoz
Car: Nissan Rogue SL 2008

Hi everybody, I purchased my Nissan Rogue SL AWD Silver Ice on July 18th 2008. Funny thing is that I just went to the dealer to do schedule service to my Nissan Pathfinder 2006 and when I saw it I just decided to do a test drive, long story short I felt in love with the Rogue and gave my Pathfinder as down payment for a new 4 miles Rogue.I haven't done much yet to it, but so far I added Weathertech floor and cargo liners, Pro-fit iphone G3 holder and Nissan chrome front grill.I am planning to add new tires (hate the continentals), a whole new stereo set (speakers, amplifier, bluetooth, GPS and rear camera).I guess it will take me a while but no rush on my side.I found these forums after buying the Rogue and I can't tell you how useful they have been so far, there is a lot of great information here and I definitely want to thank everyone for their contributions!

chove1437
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Hi everyone,

I purchased my 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD May 31st, 2008. Doesn't have the Premium package but got the dealer to throw in the all weather floor mats and cargo cover for free. I've also purchased an all weather cargo mat and a step up bumper protector.Couldn't be more happy with the car. However....since then:

- been into an accident 6 days after I received it. Went to change lane. Car was hiding in blind spot and smashed into my driver's side tire. Collision centre still can't get the alignment right to this day. Brought it back to them 4 times and they still can't get it right.

- drove along the highway as I have a 30min commute to work everyday. A rock had hit my windshield. Didn't see a crack or chip. Thought it was fine. Went to the grocery store, came back and low and behold....a 10" crack! Got it fixed...went through insurance. Once again....looks great.

- Found the scratches on the rocker panel between the door's weather strip. All thanks to this forum Plan to bring to dealer to show it to the repair manager on my first oil change

Other than the above....couldn't be happier with my new car.

Rocket J Dawg
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD Premium Package

Just wanted to say HI to everyone. Just picked up my Rogue today and so far loving it. A little background, in the last 5 years I have had a 2003 Grand Cherokee 5.0L (started falling apart at year 2 and passed everything but a gas station), traded it in on an 06 Vibe. Nice car but just too small. (had to shut off the A/C to pass....yow...made for a couple of scary rides) and thanks to Barrie Nissan I got a good trade in for the Vibe on my new Rogue. It's the SL AWD, Premium Package, Ultramarine Blue. (seems the colors in Canada have different names than in the U.S. plus our premium package up here includes premium carpeted floor mats, moon roof, mud flaps, heated seats and mirrors.)I'm a newby to Nissan. My last one was a 1970 Datsun 510 2 door. I can see things have changed.

Cheers all and looking forward to participating in the forums.
Modified by Rocket J Dawg at 3:48 PM 8/11/2008

philipa_240sx

Welcome to all our newest mambers!

Rocket J Dawg: The Canadian Rogues are equipped differently that our friends to the south. You can see all the differences between the US/Canada models here:

zerothread/325256

tractor1
Car: Nissan Rogue

I purchased a 2008 Nissan Rogue in April 2008. In June 2008 I reported a grinding noise at low spead in the front end, this was confirmed by the mechanic. For the last three months the dealer has been telling me that the Nissan engineers have been studing the problem and will someday come up with a fix, by then I will be ready for a new vechicle and it will not be a Nissan.It is so loud that people stare at the Rogue when I am driving in parking lots...

rmsupply

Hi all,

We just brought home an Gotham Grey Rogue SL AWD with gray interior last night. Our car has the premium package, leather, moon roof, floor mats and bumper protector.

We got it for $500 under the published invoice price. So were are happy about the price.

My wife and I are pretty excited about the car but the gas mileage is atrocious. We are two old retirees and driving very conservatively we only get 15.2 MPG. WE only have 500 miles on it and will take it to the service department soon. Sticker said we should get 21 to 29 MPG.

thanksrmsupply

Rocket J Dawg
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD Premium Package

I wouldn't worry about the fuel economy with only 500 mile on your Rogue. Our salesman said the breakin is around 2000 km (approx 1300 mi) and shouldn't expect optimum fuel economy until after that point. Congrats on your new Rogue and I am sure you will really enjoy it.

slawd

Hi,I'm a new Roguer as of a week ago. Got the black with the black leather, moon roof, premium package, loaded in other words. The forum has been helpful so far. Answered my question about low gas mileage. I was getting 11 mpg when I pulled off the lot, it's up to 18.5 right now. I'm assuming this will keep going up as she gets broke in. I've only got 190 miles on her. I've also found where to get the bug shield I want but have yet to find anywhere to get the window visors. I'm going to order the spoiler and chrome grill inserts along with getting the two front windows tinted to match the rest. I'll post a pic when I get all this accomplished. If anyone can help me out with the window visors I'd greatly appreciate it. If you have the windows cracked when it's raining the rain comes in and goes right down into the controls, not good. Love the car, no complaints so far.

Pescakl1
Car: 2008 Iridium Graphite SL FWD Rogue

slawd wrote:Hi,If anyone can help me out with the window visors I'd greatly appreciate it. If you have the windows cracked when it's raining the rain comes in and goes right down into the controls, not good. Love the car, no complaints so far.
zerothread/342763

Is that what you are talking about?

Return to “Rogue Forum”