Att: New Rogue Members - Post your introductions here

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
sophos11
Car: 2017 Nissan Rogue SV

Hello all. Just purchased a '17 Rogue SV for the wife and want to pre-learn as much as I can before things go awry. I'm a beemer guy myself('01 330ci and '07 X3), but those Maximas sure do look nice.

Mrlunchbox
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SV AWD w/ premium package

Howdy all,

My name is Jared and I live in central MA. Just purchased a used 2015 SV w/ premium package. Will be picking up Sept. 1st. Looking very much forward to it. I'm coming from an F150 so im sure its going to feel cramped. But I've driven much smaller vehicles before. Im looking forward to the much better gas mileage. 13mpg was killing me. Hopefully this site will be just as good as some of the other forums ive been on! Most specifically i'd like to do some minor moding to make her my own!

Mr.Rogue

Hey everyone I just picked up my brand new 2018 Rogue SL AWD with propilot and reserve interior 2 weeks ago and I've been loving it. This is my 5th car and first brand new purchase. Looking forward to all kinds of Rogue stuff on here!

Lgb0250
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue SV

Hello from Raleigh, NC everybody. Recently purchased my 2018 SV w/Premium Pkg.

dubnationd
Car: 2015 Rogue

I bought a 2015 rogue my first Nissan ever, I'm coming from VAG-COM community saying hello to everyone.

Nyglock
Car: 2017 Rogue

Hello everyone, my name is Nick and I purchased my first Nissan, a 2017 Rogue. I have it for about a year now and I'm very satisfied with the vehicle.

Carter22
Car: 2009 Rogue SL

Just purchased a 2009 Rogue SL AWD, not sure what package as it has all but leathers. It has new tires which are rated a little noisy but, do these vehicles ride a little rough? I can feel a lot in the floorboards. Thanks all, great forum.

SaiYannAra
Car: 2017 Nissan Rogue SV

Sai here, I got my 2017 Nissan Rogue SV last year. Was doing some research on raising the ride height, etc. for better off-road clearance. So far no luck, I've only seen everyone wanting to drop or lower their ride. If anyone is reading this and can point me in the right direction, much would be appreciated. Thank you.Image

nem0
Car: 2013 Nissan Rogue

Howdy! nem0 here, forum newb but long time Nissan fan. My dad had an '86 1/2 apple red pickup, which is the machine I learned to drive stick on as a kid. We were a Subaru family outside of the pickup, but in the past few years, my parents traded up to an Altima and haven't looked back.

I was driving a 1999 Pontiac Bonneville for the past 10 years. She was my grandparents' rig, so there's a lot of sentimental value tied up in her, but she's been slowly disintegrating due to lack of maintenance and running her too hard thanks to a long commute in the PDX metro area. I've been looking at buying a car soon, but circumstances intervened. Long, dramatic story short, my ex ditched me and moved to Germany, and I inherited his Rogue (nicknamed Ronin) because it was yet another thing he couldn't ship to Europe.

I wasn't sure I was on board at first. Despite the warm fuzzies I get from Nissans thanks to that old pickup, I wasn't planning on going with an SUV after getting used to my semi-luxury sedan. But I gotta say, Ronin has grown on me. It's a base model with no bells or whistles, but I have plans to tidy 'er up and make 'er shine.

loomex
Car: 2011 nissan rogue

Hello all! My name is Chris and we just purchased a 2011 White pearlescent rogue.
First a little bit about me.I live near Ithaca, NY, I'm 54, and a USAF vet. I current work as a machine operator (both CNC and manual) for small local company that makes turbine fan blades for military, commercial and ground based turbine engines. I am married. I have three kids, a 30y old boy from a previous marriage, a 19y old boy and a 17y old girl. The 19y old is currently stationed at Holloman AFB working with the MQ-9 Reaper RPV.

So, how did I come about getting a Rogue? Well, earlier this month my wife lost control of our 2007 dodge caravan and it was totaled. (no serious injuries). The quest begin to look for a replacement vehicle. We need a car that was big enough to haul a 7 piece drum set, with low monthly payments, but was good on gas. I checked local dealerships to see what they had and one dealer had a vehicle that meet our criteria. Prichard automotive has been in the business for, get this, since the late 1800's, starting out selling horse drawn buggies!. They had a silver 2011 Rogue on their website, so I sent an email showing interest. Sadly, and a good thing, it was sold before I had a chance to look at it. They called me a said that they were going to be selling their shop vehicle, a 2011 Rogue with more bells and whistles than the silver one. We test drove it and liked the way it handled. We have had it since Wednesday. I now get to have the fun of putting in my own GPS (not spending $$ to update the installed one), RADAR detector and Dash Cam.

rabernet
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SV

Hi all! My name is Robin and I'm the proud new owner of a 2016 FWD SV Rogue, that previously belonged to my parents. I had indicated to them that I was going to trade in my 2009 Altima for a used Rogue, and they proposed to me that I purchase theirs, as they wanted to purchase a 2019 SV AWD Rogue with additional safety features. Of course, I jumped on that opportunity, since I knew the previous owners and how they care for their vehicles.

So far, I'm loving it. I've already taken it to the dealership for a rattle in the front passenger side that was driving me nuts. Freaking sunglasses in the overhead sunglass holder. LOL

Sounded like it was coming from the passenger AC vent area. The service guy said they've had the same complaint before, so first place he checked. I was embarrassed, but happy it wasn't something more serious.

Here she is:

J.bow87
Car: 2012 Nissan Rogue S, AWD.

Hello everybody, my name is Justin, and I recently purchased a new-to-me 2012 Rogue S, AWD. My wife and I were looking for a US spec SUV/CUV due to our growing family, and this was perfect, as it fit our budget and US spec SUV's are rare, due to our overseas status. The person we purchased from seemed to take decent care of it, but only did small maintenance (oil changes & light bulbs when out). I've slowly been surviving it and remember how great and easy Nissan's are to work on. I'm a prior Nissan Service Tech, who joined the military. It's been about 10 years since my last Nissan ownership, and I sure missed driving/owning one. This Rouge been amazing thus far, and I look forward to keeping it for years to come. Please to meet you all!

stavrosarov
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SV

Hello dear friends,
I am old Nissan fan and had driven Nissan X-trail 2006-2009, Nissan Sentra 2011-2014, Nissan Rogue 2014 till now.
Never had experienced problems with CVT at winter time till last year. After the cold start at temperatures below -12 degrees Celcius, CVT refuses to switch to higher gear. Car was roaring at high RPMs but not speeding up above 40 km/hr. The initial car worming up for 5 minutes did not help much. When I was complaining to this problem at Nissan dealership, they told it is normal. Many Nissan and Subaru owners complain describing the same problem. Fortunately, I found the problem description and solution. After a few hours of car parking at very cold weather, CVT is blocked to develop a high RPMs till oil is warmed up.
So, first you should start the engine and warm it up for approximately 5 min. Then start moving slow at approx 30 km/hr and drive about 500m. If engine is roaring at high RPMs and car does not move well, stop and switch off the engine. Then start the engine and drive. Should be ok, as CVT is unblocked now. Have a nice ride and enjoy your Rogue!

Helium2
Car: 2010 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

I have been a member for a few years now.
I can't find where to post this so...

I do not get any notifs when replies are posted to my topics.
My email address is listed properly and all of the proper boxes are checked to allow me to be notified when someone replies to my topics, I believe.

What is going on? :confused:

backmask67
Car: 2018 Rogue Sport SV

Hello. I am located in Los Angeles. I just purchased a 2018 Rogue Sport SV!

AWDGURU
Car: 2016 Rogue SL AWD

Hey all, James here from Oklahoma, bought a 2016 SL AWD, black w/black leather, had it for almost a week now , sold my 2000 pathfinder w/193k miles and my old 72 Ford pickup and got the rogue, I'm sure not use to having all this newer technology

cityfrank
Car: 2016 Rogue SV
2015 Pathfinder SL

Hello All.
From Toronto, Canada.
Have owned Nissan products for the last 5 years. Replaced a 2011 Versa with a new-to-me 2016 Rogue SV. Looking forward to learning and sharing in this community.

SM2019

Hello All,
Calgary, Canada here. We got 2016 Rogue SV about month ago as a replacement of 2013 Rogue.
Heated seats don't really get hot on high setting. Pretty much the same issue as in this topic: https://forums.nicoclub.com/post6789442.html#p6789442
We brought car back to dealership twice, service department keep telling us seats work as design. In the cold weather these heated seats are pretty useless.
We never had this issue with our 2013 Rogue.

Wooly6
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue

New to this site, 5 year owner 2011 Rogue , starting to have issues, I’m looking for advice. Looking for thread on transmission and viscous coupler.

Veaux
Car: 2011/Rogue/SL

Hello All,
I’m somewhat new here, I was a reader times ago but lots track of this club for a while. I own a 2011 Rogue, FWD, leather and shifter on the wheel from Mexico, I guess that in the US it is equivalent to the SV and electrical problems are bringing me back! Horn and intermittent blinker connection so far.
Cheers

brandondgordon
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Hey Everyone!

My name is Brandon Gordon and I'm from Cedar Rapids, Iowa. I bought my Rogue last July, and have been loving it ever since. I've done a couple of pretty basic upgrades like installing a hitch, and some roof rails on it. I'm here because I want a community where I can learn more about the Rogue I have, and hopefully figure out some new things/modifications I can make to it aesthetically. My previous ride was a 2010 Maxima, so I'm loving the Nissan brand. My Rogue is a gun metal gray rogue SL AWD trim, I couldn't be happier!

chansman1
Car: Rogue

Hey Everyone!

My name is Jamey from South Carolina. I have a 2016 SL that we purchased new. It's for sure been a great vehicle. My Rogue is a Artic Blue with grey leather. We gave it to my son to take to college as he drives home every weekend.

ingavar
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Hi, My name is Pete and live in Portland, OR. We just bought a 2018 Rogue SL AWD, Gunmetal Gray with premium and both platinum packages for my wife in March. So far she likes it very much. Fun to drive. We replaced a 2001 Chevy Trailblazer that we had bought new. She was concerned about the size but quickly found that the Rogue has as much room although the Blazer was beefier for off road but the HUGE mileage difference is a great equalizer. I am here to lurk a bit (lol) and learn as much as I can and maybe throw in a suggestion or two when I have one.

Freewheelin
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Hello everyone.
I recently purchased a 2009 Rogue Sl AWD with just 81000 miles on it. Really like the car, seems solid, tranny seems good to....wish me luck!!

Iteachyoumath
Car: 2019 Rogue S Special Edition, Glacier White

Hello all! Purchased my second Rogue, a 2019 S with the Special Edition package. Absolutely loving it! We are a Nissan family, owning a 2015 Titan SV Heavy Metal edition, 2016 Juke SV and 2017 Sentra SV as well. Was going to go with the Rogue SV, but the S Special Edition had almost all the options as the SV, minus the foot enabled lift gate, for less money. Previously had the 2016 Rogue SV and the 2019 has so many improvements!

Lparsons21
Car: 2019 Rogue SV Hybrid

Hi, I’m Lloyd from deep southern Illinois. I’m 75 and retired and had a 2016 Encore that I liked. But my son needed a vehicle and we went to the Nissan dealer to look at a couple used cars they had. He bought a 2009 Cadillac CTS and I ended up buying a new 2019 Rogue SV Hybrid in black. Dealer was knocking $6K off making it a hell of a buy for a really nice vehicle. I got the basic model as I prefer cloth seats. With Nissan having so much in there, even on the base model, it just was a no brainer IMO.

I’ve made a shortish road trip of about 100 miles over back country highways and got nearly 40Mpg on that little jaunt! Bigger vehicle than the Encore, smoother ride and better mileage.

zukabaker
Car: 2019 Rogue SV AWD

Hello All

Long time Nissan owner here. Started back in 1993 with my awesome NX 2000 that was fully loaded and had the Stillen header and short shifter, Eibach springs. Loved that car had it for almost 6 years and 100,000 miles. I recently upgraded from a 2008 Chrysler Town and Country to the 2019 Rogue SV. Love it so far had it about a month and almost 2200 miles so far have been fun.

Andy2105
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD
2018 Murano Platinum AWD

Was on here a few years ago & membership went away. Retired couple in South Carolina. Wife started out with an 80's Stanza wagon (Multi in Canada). A somewhat unusual car seemingly totally different than the regular Stanza. Just for fun google it & see what I mean. The car was decimated by rust as we lived up north at the time. The sliding doors were most troubled by the rust. Interestingly the engine was dual plugged. Next was a 2008 Rogue SLAWD over all a good car with some exceptions. When we sold it last year at 110,000 miles it contained it's third CVT. First was changed via a sort of recall for vibration when the car was new. Second one was replaced as we were transporting it to Ohio (selling to Brother)/fleeing hurricane Florence. Dealer in Rockingham quoted 3,400.for a replacement. Ten year old car with 110,000 miles? some deal. Dealer worked out a deal for $1,700. with Nissan, thank you so much Mr Dealer (really) . Still a lot to put into a car of this vintage. Last winter in Ohio the front door handles broke off. I have a recall letter from some years ago from Nissan to repair this. As of now Nissan says no deal. My guess was cold weather was the culprit. Now have a 2018 Murano platinum awd. Original battery was bad..intermittently. Currently we have a cracked windshield. Safe auto cannot seem to source a replacement?? Also found that a new windshield will need to be "calibrated" . Other than those problems these are good cars & we liked/like them.

Carlsbad
Car: Infiniti QX4 2003

Just bought a 2018 Rogue AWD SL in Blue. Has all the bells and whistles that I wanted. I'm not a new member of the NICO forum since I also just sold my 2003 infinity QX4 that I drove for 10 years and my son has driven for the past 2 years. It had 173000 miles on it with hardly a problem. I did post helpful tips in the forum for the problem I did have (AIC valve solenoid). This is actually my 3rd Nissan. I had a 92 300ZXTT that I modified extensively and took to a lot of track days. It was a beast at the time but I read the factory specs on current sports cars and it seems they come prepared off the showroom floor to race.

I do all my own maintenance and my first mod will be to adapt a ball valve to the oil drain. I enjoy not having to fish the plug out of the used oil.

As for the Rogue

1. Generally I love it.

2 Things I would change:
a. The AWD should have 17' wheels so you have more rubber protection in rocky terrain. the SL has 18' wheels, 60 series tires.
b. I wish it didn't have all the chrome on it. Blacked out would be much nicer.
c. The CVT is nice but the fake shifts are annoying. I find myself feathering the accelerator on hills to try to deal with the fake shifts.
d. Need to adapt something to the rear seat passenger handle to hang my dry cleaning on. All my recent SUVs had a good place to hang your shirts when you pick them up.

I look forward to reading the forum for tips and tricks. --Jerry in Carlsbad, CA

flstc28690
Car: 2019 Rogue SV AWD

New member and owner from Valdese NC.
Me and my wife just purchased a 2019 Rogue SV AWD Friday.
We're in the market to trade our 2017 Kia Sportage due to issues with Kia Corporate and honoring their warranty.
We were highly impressed with the Rogue and all the included features for the price. Our SV AWD had the premium package added which really sold us. Liked the Bose system, led headlights, and leather of the SL but price was too good to pass up on the one we got.
New to Nissan vehicles so hoping better experience than with Kia.

Return to “Rogue Forum”