Att: New Rogue Members - Post your introductions here

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
boeing747
Car: Rogue SV 2017

Hey all, Picked up my 17 Rogue SV, loved the palatial red color. I liked the SL but the budget contraints made me choose SV, still a great vehicle, smooth ride and an over the top fuel efficiency.

BigOc90
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Hello,
Just bought my first Rogue on Friday evening. Bought a 2014 SL AWD that is Midnight Jade with the tan leather interior. It had 25,700 miles on it and it looks brand new. Took a little 150 mile trip on it this weekend and so far we are loving it. This is going to be my ride and my wife drives a 2016 Toyota Rav4. I actually went to buy me a used Rav but happened up on the Rogue and got a great deal on it so I bought it instead.
The Rogue doesn't have the power of the Rav, but it beats it in gas mileage.
I am 58 and live in Southwest Virginia.
Anyway just wanted to say hi.

Gradofan
Car: 2017 Nissan Rogue SL

s I posted in another thread here re: FEB.

We have the 2017.5 SL with all the upgrades (Premium / Platinum) and you are correct - THE FEB SYSTEM DOES NOT WORK AS ADVERTISED, OR PRESENTED IN THE MANUALS - which clearly show the vehicle warning you about 4 car lengths ahead of impact, gentle braking 3 car lengths ahead of impact and stopping you about 1/2 car length ahead of impact with the object in front of you.

There is no misunderstanding - it simply doesn't work as advertised and represented by Nissan.

This one is going to lead to some large class action suits!

blueduck2
Car: 2017.5 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Just brought home a 2017.5 Rogue SV AWD. Had read how they were underpowered but maybe since my last car was an '09 Kia Spectra (which I was quite happy with) it seems to do just fine. Love the interior and safety features (though I'm not planning on putting the FEB to the test), wife loves the heated seats. Looking forward to taking our first road trip to CA & NV in a few weeks (home is Portland, Ore.). Not sure what questions I even have yet, but will be looking for maintenance schedule if anyone knows where to find one.

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

blueduck2 wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:44 pm
Just brought home a 2017.5 Rogue SV AWD. Had read how they were underpowered but maybe since my last car was an '09 Kia Spectra (which I was quite happy with) it seems to do just fine. Love the interior and safety features (though I'm not planning on putting the FEB to the test), wife loves the heated seats. Looking forward to taking our first road trip to CA & NV in a few weeks (home is Portland, Ore.). Not sure what questions I even have yet, but will be looking for maintenance schedule if anyone knows where to find one.
Refer to the maintainence schedule that is found in the owners manual or on the maintainence service manual that came with the car. :whistle:

blueduck2
Car: 2017.5 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

datechboss101 wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:23 pm
blueduck2 wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:44 pm
Refer to the maintainence schedule that is found in the owners manual or on the maintainence service manual that came with the car. :whistle:
Not sure how I missed that. :facepalm: Thanks.

GasDoc
Car: 2013 Rouge S

The wife and I just bought our black amythest 2013 Rogue S. Just loving it so far. Got it after multiple issues with our '06 MB e500. It may not be as powerful, but also not as much of a pain to maintain. I have been looking at all the mods others have done with copious amounts of salivation and can't wait to get started. I want to start with adding roof rails and fog lights, any suggestions on the best way and where to buy the parts?

auto1001
Car: 2017 Nissan Rogue S

Just got a 2017.5 Rogue. Looking forward to learning a lot about this vehicle.

Rdotgreen
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SV - Midnight Jade

Hello all. I am coming up on a year with my 2016 Midnight Jade Rogue SV. This is my 3rd Rogue, and no complaints. I love the safety features, and all of the extras built in. I decided to go against the leather in the SL because it gets extremely hot in Texas some days, and I did not want to get burnt on the seats. Now I sort of wish I got the leather anyway. In any case, I have no major complaints.

digitalis46613
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL

Here from South Bend, IN. Just purchased a Wicket Black '08 Rogue SL last week. It's got 136k on it, and so far love it. I've owned two '99 Nissan Altima GXEs (the second of which, I rebuilt the engine 4 times. gave up the last time after the timing chain jumped 4 teeth and bent two valves.
I just bought a bunch of decals on Amazon and intend to make my own "Rogue One".

nucmedchick15
Car: 2017.5 Nissan Rogue SL

Hello all,
Just bought my NEW 2017.5 :mike Nissan Rouge SL on Monday (11/6), 22 miles on it driving off the lot, leather interior in the Caspian Blue,, even got them to throw on the rack on top in my price! This is my first time with a Nissan and am looking forward to many years with my new baby. Always been partial to Toyota so this will be a change for sure. First thing that I am really noticing is the transmission and how it shifts (or how it doesn't shift shall I say).. it will take some getting used to,, but the moonroof that they offer is totally worth it.. in love so far!

Yadan
Car: 2011 S AWD

Just ran across an amazing deal for a 2011 S AWD. The car is hail damaged but nothing too severe. It's white pearl and looks good so far. It has a check engine light, sounds like it needs new axles, and needs a minor dent repair on the trunk. I'm hoping to fix this car up since it currently only has 114k on it. Let's see what I come across on this forum. Hopefully I can get some good ideas from y'all! Thanks for the warm welcomes!

bluerondo1956
Car: 2013 Red Nissan Rogue S

I just bought my first Nissan on Tuesday 11/14, and it’s a red 2013 Nissan Rogue S (no special edition) and 46,606 Miles. I’m looking into seeing about getting a factory rear view camera installed, and. a high end Pioneer 2din receiver with rear camera capability, but so far other than that I love it.

4PetMom
Car: 2014 Rogue SL AWD

I just bought my first ever Nissan picked it up on 11/11. I’m in love. It’s a 2014 Rogue SL AWD. Whoever designed her designed her well - she’s beautiful red and has all the bells and whistles (which I’m still learning!) and relatively low mileage. What a fantastic vehicle! I’m in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

canuuk01
Car: 2015 Rogue SL

Hi Everyone .... new owner of a red 2015 Rogue SL. Traded in my Santa Fe Sport Turbo. The Rogue is a very smooth, easy to drive vehicle. Unfortunately, moving from a turbo vehicle really points out the shortcomings of the Rogue's power, but with time will get used to that. All other options, and comfort are outstanding and we are enjoying this vehicle. My wife has a 2015 Murano SL and together they look great in the garage. Looking forward to learning and sharing info on the Nissan Rogue.

stevenmark
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL

HI Everyone. Just bought my 2nd Rogue after my first one was totaled parked in my own driveway. Love this Nissan. Seems it has everything going for it. Good looks, dependable, lots of storage ability.

JCE17
Car: 2013 Nissan Rogue SV

Hi all. I have a 2013 Nissan Rogue SV AWD. My wife and I love this SUV but we fear we may have to get rid of it due to the rear seat issues we are encountering. I have searched this forum many time and have not seen a thread started about the issue we have.

Znsale01
Car: 2010 Nissan Rogue AWD

Howdy Yall. Just got a great deal on a 2010 Nissan Rogue AWD with 88k for 3600 through the pawn shop I work at. Since owning it for about a week I have found oil in the air box, a popping sound from the rear end at cold start upon moving, and my radio powers on but none of the buttons except volume work. Looking forward to getting some time to work out all of these issues and learn more about this car!

SanMan814
Car: 2017 Rogue Sport SV

Hi guys

My name is George i live in NY. I had a 14 Altima SV, lease went back, got a deal on a 17 Rogue Sport SV. I have it since the end of September 2017. I have almost 9k on it already. So far I like it. Does what I wanted it to do....gets me to and from work.

soccergk1
Car: 2017 nissan rogue sport SL

RE: 2017 Rogue Sport SL with FEB and pedestrian detection.

Sticker shows it but doesn't work. Nissan corporate refuses to test it officially. Local dealer drove right over a big box trying to see if it worked. Registered a safety complaint with NHTSA to hopefully get some action.

KoiMaxx
Car: 2017 Rogue SL AWD

Hi everyone, Maxx here in the Canadian prairies. I have a 2017 SL I got for my birthday after my last car (2001 CR-V) had an unfortunate encounter with a hydro pole (I swear it wasn't intentional and the pole wasn't there when I was turning into the lot :wtf2:)

I've been enjoying my Rogue for the past ~6mos (heated seats and steering is a godsend), and plan to enjoy it for as long as it hopefully lasts :bowrofl:.

Mole'
Car: Rogue Sport

Just picked up a new ROGUE sport.
Live in Socal lancaster/Palmdale area. First Nissan.

Ked
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue Sport SV

I bought a 2018 Rogue Sport at the end of January when my 12-year old Honda Element EX/P was hit in a snow storm. Thankfully, the insurance company cut a check for 1/3 of what I paid for it. Since my wife had just replaced her 2009 Subaru Forester with a leased 2017 Murano SL and had a good experience, I decided tow work with the dealer on financing a Rogue Sport. Hence, I now own a Nissan. So far, I love it!

Ked

DAL

Hello from PA. Currently have my Xterra in the shop for some rust warranty work. Got a 17 Rouge SL as a rental. I am really impressed with it. I did not think I would like it as much as I do. I have my eye on the 18 MIDNIGHT EDITION. So here for some answers and research. How as ownership been on the Rouge? Only other vehicle I would consider is the JEEP RENEGADE.

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

DAL wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:37 am
Hello from PA. Currently have my Xterra in the shop for some rust warranty work. Got a 17 Rouge SL as a rental. I am really impressed with it. I did not think I would like it as much as I do. I have my eye on the 18 MIDNIGHT EDITION. So here for some answers and research. How as ownership been on the Rouge? Only other vehicle I would consider is the JEEP RENEGADE.
You would be better off searching for threads about the complaints and the positives of owning this vehicle. If you still don't find your answer, you can start a thread and most of us 2nd gen owners will give you an input.

In my experience, of owning the 2016 variant, it has its fair share of positives and negatives. You should take note of the differences between the 2017s and 2018s, as some parts have changed significantly between the two model years.

epictetus
Car: 2012 Nissan Rogue SE

Hi all, been an owner of a certified 2012 Rogue since 2014. Loved the car when I bought it, it was my first CVT. It's going good so far, minor problems here and there.
Kel

Kapok
Car: 14 Nissan Rogue select

Hello, 2014 rogue select owner here, located in downstate NY

Rochev
Car: 2009 Rogue SL

Hi all. I've had 30-something vehicles but never a Nissan. Just picked up a 2009 Rogue SL with 253k miles. Transmission was rebuilt at 190k. I'm impressed so far with how it drives. It's pretty smooth.

Just have to figure out why the rear Windows won't roll down with the master buttons and the actual door ones. There also seems to be a massive oil leak I didn't notice until I got home and the plastic cover under the engine came off!

matchamonster
Car: Rogue

sharon3 wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:37 pm
We just bought our Rogue SL in white with the premium package. We're still learning all the features. Love everything except for the headrests. I am only about 5'2" and have some neck problems and feel uncomfortable with the headrest so far forward. I've been experimenting with the seat adjustment but am wondering if anyone else has solutions to this problem. Looking forward to everyone's suggestions.

Sharon in NJ
Hi Sharon, I know I'm a year late in answering this, but I'm close to your height and though I LOVE my 2017 Rogue, the headrests are the worst part of the vehicle. They make your head tilt down as if in an effort to encourage an underbite, and it gets so much worse if I have a ponytail in. Super awful. After a year of suffering the headrest, I finally switched them out for a couple of headrest 9" video screen players from onfair which I installed myself (yes, I'm proud of it)... they are adjustable and oh my goodness my neck is so happy and my kids are incredibly happy as well! My seat also feels so much more comfortable to settle into now that my neck is not contorted so unnaturally.

nvhcc
Car: 2015 Rogue SV

Greetings.

My daughter has a 2015 Rogue SV. Nice vehicle with options she wanted when looking at a SUV - likes the power seats and power windows. Just a FWD but with proper tires no problem here in Canada

Return to “Rogue Forum”