Att: New Rogue Members - Post your introductions here

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Big Red Rogue
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL

Hello all!

THere are 2 Rogues in my family now...Dad leased a blue 2016 SV AWD about 6 weeks ago (pretty ballsy leasing a car at the age of 75, but he's like that), and 3 weeks ago, I bought a 2015 SL AWD in Cayenne Red (it was a steal of a deal). I got mine because I am getting too old to have 2 low cars and needed something higher off the ground to drag my a** around, so I traded one in.

This is my 2nd Nissan, sort of. In college, I had an '83 Sentra wagon that was so old at the time it also had a Datsun tag on it! Loved that little car and had a ball with it...only let me down once when I blew a CV joint on the highway in the middle of nowhere and had to putter into the next town to make a phone call (pre-cellphone days).

Just looking forward to hanging around here once in awhile and maybe picking some brains as time goes on.

Roger L
Car: 2015 Rogue SV

Just bought my first Nissan, a 2015 Rogue SV, on Monday. Traded in a 2012 Chvrolet Captiva Sport with 90,000 miles. My new Rogue was a lease return with only 11,474 miles. I'm looking forward to many happy miles with this car. My other cars are a 2010 Mazda 6 and a 1962 Studebaker GT Hawk. I also have a 1942 Studebaker M16 ton and a half truck.

smithe68
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Duplicating post from the 2nd GEN thread because I somehow missed this more open thread.

Just bought a '14 Rogue SL AWD with 28k on it Sunday. I went in to trade my Toyota Tacoma on a RAV4 (been mostly a Toyota driver since I was 16, 48 now) but I really liked the way the Rogue drove and it had a few features that I liked better plus I could get my triathlon bike in the back standing up with the front wheel off. Haven't gotten to drive it much yet but I did drive in to work today in some really crappy conditions, inches of fresh snow with ice underneath and I am very impressed with how it handled it.

VinceA
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue

Hi, I'm Vince. I've owned a variety of cars, trucks, and SUVs over the years. I lost my Honda CrV in the August 2016 Baton Rouge, LA flood. When I tested the Rogue, I converted. My wife still has a Honda CrV, but she loves my Rogue.

'16 Rogue S with Appearance Package, Black.

JRIZZO
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SV FWD

Hello, I'm Joe. I have a 2011 Nissan Rogue SV Platinum Gray. I'm a new member as of today.

Rsharp79
Car: 2017 Nissan Rouge Star Wars Edition Black...

Hello Everyone From Muskegon Michigan...

I think I may have done a terribly good thing, I went to my local Nissan dealer and bought 1 of 5000 Star Wars edition Rouges...I am 37 Years old, and I work for the county here, in the transit department. I went after it not kickass bose system or panoramic moon roof, but as the daily driver for my mother and 96 year old grandmother, my mother's 03 Aztec just wasn't worth dumping money into it to be safe anymore. So she got a new car, and I got to spend $30K on a helmet...lucky for her it came with a free car.... I look forward to chatting with all of you, pictures to come later!

Ryan

CustomWill78
Car: 2012 Nissan Rogue S

Just wanted to post saying hello. I've had my rogue for about 6 months now and just started on the form after looking around for some projects to do on it. It is a 2012 Rogue S model. Nothing has major has been done yet, I did do some vinyl wrapping of trim pieces but that's about it. I was looking for some other projects to do starting with some new headlights. Was looking to upgrade to some LED lights but with the normal halogen housing I know it won't be a good idea. If there are any suggestions of where to go and look please send them. Thank you in advance.

William

Curlysf
Car: 2017 Nissan Rogue SL AWD in a beautiful blue!

Hello All!
I just got a 2017 Rogue SL AWD in blue (first 2017 to be sold from the dealership!) So far I love the car except for a few quirks (but I think I just need to get used to it). I am coming from a 2014 Jeep Cherokee that was a complete lemon, a horrible lease, horrible buying experience, horrible dealer experience, etc. Other then a few minor details that irk me about this car...I love it! (why do I need to turn on the safety shield every time I drive? Why does the heated steering wheel only turn on with remote start? Why wont my homelink program correctly? Why no remote start from the phone when it is available on other cars...its cold here in NJ!!)

Looking forward to chatting and learning more about this car!

deej0401
Car: 2017 Nissan Rogue SL
Gun Metallic/Charcoal
Premium Package
Platinum Package

Hello all!

I returned to the Nissan brand after a 10 year hiatus and I couldn't be happier! I picked up a 2017 Nissan Rogue SL, in Gun Metallic with Charcoal leather, with the Premium and Platinum package! My very first car was a 2000 Nissan Pathfinder that I got in 2002 and kept all thru college and that thing was a tank!

Looking forward to being a part of this forum!

Thanks
deej0401

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

Hi all,
Got my 2016 Rogue SL in Artic Metallic on Christmas eve of 2015. This is the first Nissan that I have ever owned, but been in the Altima multiple times (rental car and friends). Would like to know more about this car, and the service increments. As of right now she has about 23,100 miles on her.

DaytonDennis
Car: 2016 Rogue SV

Dennis here (how'd you guess?) bought a 2016 SV last week. Nice thing about forums is that you learn things (tips, etc). Bad thing about forums is that you learn things (various problems & those who'd never buy a Nissan again) I researched vehicles quite a bit before my purchase and the Rogue was rated pretty well by CR and other sources. For the price, the SV had most all the features I wanted + AWD. My main concern was the CVT, but hopefully most of the bugs have been worked out. If you go to ANY vehicle forum, you'll find people have had issues (and those who have negative experiences are 10 times more likely to post them over positive - so my old CEO once said). On few miles I've driven it, I really like the handling and pep for a 4 cylinder. Hope to learn a lot here, as I did on my old vehicle's forums and that I'll have positive inputs to post.

TSUP9
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SV-AWD

Hey guys. Owner of a 2015 Nissan Rogue SV-AWD bought brand new at the time to replace a useless 2014 Sentra FE+. I have turned this thing into the best off-road machine I can. I've had it many places it should't have been while following a well equipped Wrangler and Cherokee.

I have added Hercules Terra Trac AT-II rubber all the way around, along with a roof rack and mounted LED light bar. I'm interested in lifting it a couple inches but as far as I have found, the suspension lift kits for the vehicle don't exist. Has anyone had any experience with strut spacers or maybe know of any alternative means for lifting a Rogue? I don't treat the vehicle like a trophy truck so nothing to drastic..Just looking to gain some ground clearance. Any suggestions? Thank you!

larry80
Car: 2017 Nissan Rogue SL Premium

Hello all. Have lurked here for a while while determining if we wanted a Rogue.

Have owned a Murano and now also have a 2017 Rogue. bought it for the safety features.

Really like the ability to find common issues to help fix problems.

hercules130
Car: 2017 Nissan Rogue

Hi all. New member here. My lease with Nissan Sentra SL has ended so last week I picked up my new lease, Nissan Rogue AWD SL. I have questions that I will ask in different threads.

yusuke08
Car: Rogue [X-trail Advance] 2017

Hi all. Bought mine last year :biggrin: Where I live its called Xtrail Advanced :biggrin:

Found this forum because I got a few couple of problems but I ended fixig them :)

Hope to meet new rogue/xtrail owners

Tjacobson
Car: 2012 Nissan Rogue

Greetings from Texas. Joined the board to learn about my daughters 2012 Rogue before she heads to college. Looking forward to learning from everyone- TJ

WoodchopperAK
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue S

Hi All,

New member to the Nico club, but long time Nissan owner. I had a 97 Nissan pickup for a decade, with a small hiatus driving a 1990 subaru legacy, but I recently bought a 2011 Nissan Rogue AWD. I live in Alaska, USA and I've been putting the traction control to the test on the icy roads this winter.

It's my first time driving a car that was made in this century and has the traction control and an automatic transmission. Still miss the manual! The traction control is something to get use to, and I've had to adjust my driving habits on icy roads. I've joined this forum because I have been reading your threads for a couple of months and thought I could offer some experience of driving this car in Alaska and I'm interested in some insight about what is "normal" operation of the Rogue or what should require more investigation.

I have a couple of questions about the '11 Rogue and am looking forward to the experience of other drivers with this model.

Thanks

lognutz
Car: Rogue-S

Hello, I am new to Nissan and new AWD vehicles. Mine is a "11" Rogue-S. Took it for a ride with the wife and she said "Yes". Had it Detailed and will pick it up tomorrow. Weather looks good for a long drive this Saturday, I can't wait !

Xtm10
Car: 2012 Nissan Rogue

Hi, We just picked up a 2012 Rogue, after doing a bit of research I am a lil' nervous about the CVT in my car, hope you guys can help me out :dblthumb:

wyfesROGUE
Car: 2013 Rogue

He-LLO!

My wife deserved a newer car, so God blessed me with the ability to get her one. After careful consideration, we got a 13 SV with some kind of package. Still trying to figure all that out, and hence, why I'm here.

That CVT is going to take some getting used to...

Norcalnewwwb
Car: 2010 Nissan Rogue S

2010 Nissan Rogue... recently divorced and decided to learn this s*** to not get ripped off! Lol brothers a mechanic so he guides as needed. So far have replaced spark plugs and PCV valve to fix idle problems. Ex husband "took care" of the cars so the poor thing needs a loooooot of work. Basically going to start at one point and go over everything in the car. :facepalm:

Felix D
Car: 2017 Nissan Rogue sl reserve

Hello fellow rogue members!! I'm excited to join the club.

I just pulled the trigger on a 2017 Rogue sl awd black with reserve package. I am picking the car up tomorrow!! I am surprised on how much Nissan has improved in its cars.. I would've never looked at it before but now these cars are damn near compared to luxury cars. Makes you wonder what's the point of buying a luxury car any more when they pretty much have "almost" the same features as luxury car.. I'm exited to see what I can learn from here

carnut65

New member with a used 13 White SV AWD. Bought the vehicle for my high school/college sons to get to summer work/activities. So far so good, lots of fun to drive.

Yaro
Car: nissan rogue

17 Rogue S

V black wrap

Mr.Stu
Car: 2017 Rogue
2005 Titan

Hello
My wife and I take delivery of our new 2017 SL AWD on Friday. I look forward to the help these forums helped with my 2005 Titan!!

Charlyc
Car: 2010 Nissan Rogue SL

We are got delivery last Monday on a Rogue 2017 SL Magnetic Black Charcoal leather interior Premium Platinum packages. I will post pictures when I am allowed attachments new member.

sharon3
Car: Nissan Rogue

We just bought our Rogue SL in white with the premium package. We're still learning all the features. Love everything except for the headrests. I am only about 5'2" and have some neck problems and feel uncomfortable with the headrest so far forward. I've been experimenting with the seat adjustment but am wondering if anyone else has solutions to this problem. Looking forward to everyone's suggestions.

Sharon in NJ

swalkr
Car: 2013 Nissan Rogue

I have been a 2013 Rogue owner since September of 2016. I Love my car and drive for pleasure a lot! I drove a 2004 Saturn Vue for almost 7 years before trading. Nothing wrong with the Vue, except that it was a 5-speed and I just got tired of shifting, especially in town, in traffic.

I have several friends who have Rogues and they love them, so I followed their suggestions and shopped around until I found this one.

NameAlreadyTaken
Car: 2015 Rogue SV AWD

Hi all! 2015 SV AWD. I hate bringing any of my vehicles to a dealer or a mechanic. Prefer to do my maintenance and mods myself. I came to the forum as a new Rogue owner looking for the FSM or info on how to get a power wire through the firewall (no success yet). Seems like the forum has a wealth of information though!

Cheers!

kellybrown

Help
I bought a new Nissan Rogue 2017 .5 SV with FEB it's a midnight Edition the FEB does nothing it gives you a warning every once in awhile not very often only if you're three feet away from something and it never brakes how can it be forward emergency braking if it does not break it does not have the pedestrian I realize that that but they do call it at FEBand I don't understand how they can call it FEB front emergency braking if it does not brake and what good is a little warning if it's 3 feet away from something that doesn't even give you time to react am I missing something here

Return to “Rogue Forum”